FC Cologne (H) | Europa League | Thu 14 Sep 20:05

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: FC Cologne (H) | Europa League | Thu 14 Sep 20:05

Post by Gunner Rob »

bit fed up of the Cologne supporters being referred to as "ticketless"

thousands of them had bought tickets in the Arsenal end by all accounts. not surprised really as there were loads of tickets available on ticket exchange in the days leading up to the game.
what has not been asked of course is WHY Arsenal fans were so keen to offload their tickets to rival fans...
maybe it might be a good idea NOT to include Europa League matches in the price of a season ticket....no one is fucking interested!

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:53 am
Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:57 am
This shows once again what a shower of bastards are running our club.

They knew there were up to 20,000 away fans coming. They knew that very few home tickets were sold. All they has to do was set aside a much larger area for the away fans and there would have been none of the drama.

The fact that there were only 4 arrests show that they didn't come looking for trouble.
I agree the Emirates looked like a League 2 stadium with so many empty seats. Cologne should have been allocated 10,000 at least because this was a special night for them. Our fans can't be arsed to go to matches anymore. That's the real downside of the Wenger/Kroenke years.
just wait until the Doncaster game next week. :D
being outsung by Cologne is one thing, being outsung by Doncaster Rovers will be really embarrassing :oops:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

The media are going with the narrative of 'the nasty Germans' who ruined the night for everyone. In truth, a few people were arrested, and they brought an incredible atmosphere to a stadium that is usually like a morgue. Should the media narrative not be, how modern day English football fandom is becoming inhabited with people who go for nothing more than something to do, rather than having a passion for their football club. I remember back in 2013, going to the NLD at the Emirates, and we were holding on narrowly to a 1-0 lead, and I jumped up screaming towards the end of the game, and received stares from the reserved, snobby pricks around me - who had applauded mildly when Giroud scored for us. The more of these sorts of pricks around and no proper fan will bother attending games anymore.

Skooner

Post by Skooner »

The media are really stirring this up into something worse than it was. I was down at Highbury Corner when the game was delayed so stayed in the pub, walked down to the ground, straight into the ground no hassle. Clearly the whole clock end was full of away supporters and smatterings elsewhere including near me. When they scored, quite a few jumped up, one arsenal lad near us went nuts, first screaming at the away supporters, jumping over seats to try and get at them, was stopped by fellow gooners so went and told the stewards on them. Stewards in their usual cowardly way found a lone German guy near the gangway and chucked him out but wouldn't go near the group.

I was getting quite a few concerned messages from friends and family but never felt intimidated in the slightest, I think the only trouble was when they tried to rush the gates about 6.30ish. Their constant singing even goaded a number of responses from our fans trying to compete with them.

I see the club are saying they did everything they could but there is no way the Cologne fans could have been so concentrated in the Clock end without a level of coordination including the club.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Wenger has a new excuse:

""I'm the coach, my job is the team, my job is football, not the fans.""

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:36 am
Wenger has a new excuse:

I think you'll find he prefers,

"I am Wenger the all-powerful, my job is of no concern to mere mortals and the fans are responsible for all the bad things that happen."

ps "Love the new hair, Stan."

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wenger has a new excuse:

Well in fairness mate, he isn't responsible for the fan and ticketing issues last night. He is responsible (with Wiggy Racoon Head) for many of the ills at our club, but Christ let's not lose the run of ourselves here! :lol:

NickF

Post by NickF »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wenger has a new excuse:

He didn't say that, the Cologne coach did. Both clubs have been charged:

Cologne charged with Crowd disturbances, Setting off fireworks, Throwing of objects, Acts of damage

Arsenal charged with stairways blocked in away supporters sector

Can't believe that's all we have been charged with - selling home tickets to away supporters and lack of segregation surely must be investigated?

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Courtesy of Highbury Harold on twatter -

Cologne fans last night

Arsenal "fans"

Mother of FUCK

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:32 pm

Cologne fans last night

Arsenal "fans"

Mother of FUCK
:lol: :lol:

In fairness though that is Club Level.... so the cúnt with the food is probably a cricket fan "doing something different for the evening". :oops: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

what actually is that disgusting thing he is eating ?? :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:19 pm
The amount of times Rodders' mates have said those exact words.... :lol:

bergkamp10

Post by bergkamp10 »

BFG4 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:19 am
The media are going with the narrative of 'the nasty Germans' who ruined the night for everyone. In truth, a few people were arrested, and they brought an incredible atmosphere to a stadium that is usually like a morgue. Should the media narrative not be, how modern day English football fandom is becoming inhabited with people who go for nothing more than something to do, rather than having a passion for their football club. I remember back in 2013, going to the NLD at the Emirates, and we were holding on narrowly to a 1-0 lead, and I jumped up screaming towards the end of the game, and received stares from the reserved, snobby pricks around me - who had applauded mildly when Giroud scored for us. The more of these sorts of pricks around and no proper fan will bother attending games anymore.
Great post!

Last night reminded me of the Boxing Day matches V the Spuds from the 80's. Always was generally a great day out!

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:30 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:19 pm
The amount of times Rodders' mates have said those exact words.... :lol:

There's more than a hint of truth in that :lol:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:07 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:32 pm

Cologne fans last night

Arsenal "fans"

Mother of FUCK
:lol: :lol:

In fairness though that is Club Level.... so the cúnt with the food is probably a cricket fan "doing something different for the evening". :oops: :lol:
That old bird looks as though she wants a bit of German Bratwurst!.... 8)