FC Cologne (H) | Europa League | Thu 14 Sep 20:05

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: FC Cologne (H) | Europa League | Thu 14 Sep 20:05

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:26 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:45 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:05 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:56 pm
I know he isn't the most popular player round these parts (particularly with our Oirish fans) but give me Wilshere over Ramsey, Xhaka, Elneny, Coquelin, Maitland-Niles or any of the other useless, paceless cocks we play in that position. More heart, pace, invention and quality of passing in 20 mins than those 5 cocks will manage between them all season
Seriously, Steve.... everytime you drag this one up, no one bites... time to just put your little UKIP t-shirt back in the closet until the next Interlull... you are starting to embarrass yourself, mate... :lol: :wink:

Anyballs, good to see Jack back for the first of his usual 5 or 6 games before injury rules him out for anther 9 - 18 months... :(

More importantly, wow what a night of European Glory! This is why we left Highbury kids!! :barscarf:

Yep, to rub shoulders with a crowd of fucking idiotic small club Superfans and get outnumbered and outsung by them in a soulless shithole of a stadium in the European equivalent of the fucking league cup. :roll:

Yaaaaaayyyy!! :barscarf:

:oops: :roll:
Now I wasn't going to mention that mate......but don't worry, I'll send you a postcard from Russia when you're watching at home :D

ING-ER-LUND ING-ER-LUND ING-ER- LUND

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

My bestie Nige says hi as well :D
I fucking hope so. :lol: If you saw the type of moronic Interlull fans that crawl out of the woodwork and get all patriotic over here.... oh, you probably have them there too, huh? :lol: :wink:

Oireland going to Russia for World Cup...A Summer of John Delaney's smug face on TV, loyal foot soldiers of the Green Army singing Ole Ole for the nine thousandth time and still claiming originality on it, moronic housewives ringing Joe Duffy on the radio saying we are going to win the competition but are unable to name three players, a nation binge drinking because it's what the World expects of us...Oierland going to Russia...no thanks !!

Poldi

Post by Poldi »

Poldi wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:04 pm
arseofacrow wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:53 am
Poldi wrote:
Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:51 am
... ähem, desperately in need of 20.000 tickets for the match at the Grove :shock:
Can anybody help, please?!
Only 20000 mate? :lol:
We need even more if Fortuna Köln Fans want to come over for this one as well :barscarf:
I wasn't that far off with my estimation of how many Cologne would take to London, was I. Surprised that Arsenal and Police were surprised and seemed a leeettle biit unprepared. Great night though.

beck

Post by beck »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:13 pm
Can anyone be arsed to go on the Clueless and Wiggy Incorporated ticket site and look at the stadium map for this game? Would be interesting to see how few tickets have been sold.
It was sold out by at least the 4th sept

beck

Post by beck »

Herd wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:27 am
Cologne were known throughout the fatherland for bieng a tad tasty back in the day so I can imagine the selfie mob gettin flustered if a bunch of belicose beer n bratwutst boys start singing in the home sections.
Might take a peek down there later n have my supper in the ecuadorian cafe. They do some lovely food in there.
Was you at the 71 game at Highbury mate when mclintock and storey scored
I had lenient parents letting me go to night games when I was 8
If I didn't make too much noise they would let me stay up and watch month Python as well

beck

Post by beck »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:24 pm
Maybe we are a big club in Europe after all if that many want to come to see their team play at The Arsenal.
Do we have history with them?
Knocked us out the fairs cup in the quarter final in 71
Went out on away goals losing 1-0 in cologne
It was early goal as well
Unbelievable to think now but you pretty much was in the dark as to how your team were doing in midweek away games in these days
I don't even remember radio coverage at this time
If the television had coverage they had one game generally from England
They went with a cup winners cup Man city v gornik zabrze
Try telling that to the young uns

beck

Post by beck »

Goonuz71 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:30 pm
For a Mickey Mouse Cup that nobody gives a fcuk about , its giving uefa a shit load of problems
I care about this cup
Just like I did the cup winners cup when we won it
And loved the stories of yore when we won the fairs cup the season before I started going.
Uefa's greed with the champions league behemoth has created this bollocks
I want arsenal to win everything we enter
Just cos we have a settle for less manager
He ain't having me

/

beck

Post by beck »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:53 pm
Anyone know the name of the blonde presenter on BT? Super sexual.
Lynsey hipgrave
She used to be very good with Danny baker on his Saturday morning show on 5 live

beck

Post by beck »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:05 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:04 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:01 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:59 pm
Towards the end of last season Rob Holding could do no wrong. Now he can't do anything right.

Every time he goes near the ball it's a fuck up.
That's what one year of being coached by Goon Chops and his stooges does for you mate. Joined as a solid, sensible centre half......now suddenly believes he can play a bit.
Recovering from injury was not quite there
But played in the 1-0 under 23 win v Leicester the following night

Agreed. Please file under Calum Chambers.
Not that I give 2 fucks but what has happened to Chambers - not even on the bench???

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

I was at the game on Thursday and the besides being surrounded by Cologne fans it was a decent game in the second half.

I know a lot of Arsenal fans around us were not happy with the ticket issue. A few of them asked the stewards if they could move. Even saw a lady in tears.

At least it felt like our first 'away' win :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Didnt go to too many midweek games, anderlecht was an exeption.

Woman at football,meh !

beck

Post by beck »

General wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:18 am
There's no way we're winning this competition. Better teams will drop down from the CL and put us out of our misery. No idea what UEFA were smoking when they made us joint favourites. We are the most unpredictable team in world football thanks to Wonga and his pathetic tactics. Once again he gives his favourites the night off and drags Sanchez into the fold.

Holding has fully morphed into a Wenger zombie defender now with his natural defensive instincts completely coached out of him and confidence completely shot to pieces. Where have we seen this before :roll:
Beaten Roma on both occasions we have played them
And 3 out of the 4 overal ties we have played Dortmund beating them 4 times in single matches so were we to play them in the final we would have a great chance
As we have a great chance of winning this trophy

beck

Post by beck »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:53 am
Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:57 am
This shows once again what a shower of bastards are running our club.

They knew there were up to 20,000 away fans coming. They knew that very few home tickets were sold. All they has to do was set aside a much larger area for the away fans and there would have been none of the drama.

The fact that there were only 4 arrests show that they didn't come looking for trouble.
I agree the Emirates looked like a League 2 stadium with so many empty seats. Cologne should have been allocated 10,000 at least because this was a special night for them. Our fans can't be arsed to go to matches anymore. That's the real downside of the Wenger/Kroenke years.
Hard to attend a game when you are told at the box office 10 days before that the game is sold out
I could be arsed
I could not get a ticket
Feelers out but all I knew were going

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

beck wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:56 am
General wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:18 am
There's no way we're winning this competition. Better teams will drop down from the CL and put us out of our misery. No idea what UEFA were smoking when they made us joint favourites. We are the most unpredictable team in world football thanks to Wonga and his pathetic tactics. Once again he gives his favourites the night off and drags Sanchez into the fold.

Holding has fully morphed into a Wenger zombie defender now with his natural defensive instincts completely coached out of him and confidence completely shot to pieces. Where have we seen this before :roll:
Beaten Roma on both occasions we have played them
And 3 out of the 4 overal ties we have played Dortmund beating them 4 times in single matches so were we to play them in the final we would have a great chance
As we have a great chance of winning this trophy
If you look at all the groups in the Champions League there are many teams that are shite. We always lost to the same big teams with the exception of Monaco but they had a very good team.
I don't fear any cast off from the Champ League but it depends on how serious we take it.

Poldi

Post by Poldi »

JoshIM2150 wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:36 am
I was at the game on Thursday and the besides being surrounded by Cologne fans it was a decent game in the second half.

I know a lot of Arsenal fans around us were not happy with the ticket issue. A few of them asked the stewards if they could move. Even saw a lady in tears.

At least it felt like our first 'away' win :lol:
very good read

http://www.fsf.org.uk/blog/view/arsenal ... sf-faircop

beck

Post by beck »

:box:
Herd wrote:
Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:51 am
Didnt go to too many midweek games, anderlecht was an exeption.

Woman at football,meh !
I am well jel mate
That night at Highbury has passed into legend with many old faces turning up to see us win our 1st trophy in 16 years
At 6 I was considered a little to young
At that point my experience of Highbury had been a reserve game with my uncle where I was in the upper tier and spilled coke over the bloke in front
Was at the fairs cup games the following season though in the clockend