FC Cologne (H) | Europa League | Thu 14 Sep 20:05

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: FC Cologne (H) | Europa League | Thu 14 Sep 20:05

Post by OneBardGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:42 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:04 pm
Another European competition Wenger will not have the tactical savvy to win,
That's what always makes me laugh when supposedly lesser managers like Dyche would get scoffed at when touted as possible replacements for TO1AW as "they don't have European experience". Yeah, well our c.unt has it by the truckload and he still hasn't won a fucking European trophy in all that time, and we slip further from it with every year of "experience". I don't remember GG having too much European management experience when we took him from MIllwall but 8 years later he had us lifting the Cup Winners Cup and took us to the following year's final, beating superior sides along the way. I bet the likes of Sean Dyche wouldn't see us bumholed 10-2 against Bayern
He wouldn't talk a load of gibberish bollox in the pre and post match interviews either. :wink:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
robbo10 wrote:
That's what always makes me laugh when supposedly lesser managers like Dyche would get scoffed at when touted as possible replacements for TO1AW as "they don't have European experience". Yeah, well our c.unt has it by the truckload and he still hasn't won a fucking European trophy in all that time, and we slip further from it with every year of "experience". I don't remember GG having too much European management experience when we took him from MIllwall but 8 years later he had us lifting the Cup Winners Cup and took us to the following year's final, beating superior sides along the way. I bet the likes of Sean Dyche wouldn't see us bumholed 10-2 against Bayern
I don't take too much notice of other football clubs but I don't recall Burnley truly getting pummelled by anyone since they've been up,maybe once or twice,I doubt Dyche would tolerate it happening again if they had,and I'd imagine he'd actually learn from said defeat,and have the nouse to prevent it happening again,like him or hate him but Mourinho would rather play for the draw than go get thumped,Wenger won't,he won't learn from a beating or he won't change his team to get the result he needs,and I see us travelling around Europe for fuck knows how many games getting beat by teams who Arsene has done virtually no homework on,I can see this competition reaching a new low for us,especially if the Carling Cup side is picked.Why bother playing in it if you're going to throw all the while fans pay their hard earned to travel to Fuck-knows-whereistan,

You know GG learnt from experience,he didn't get it right everytime but he watched and learned,Arsene is too egotistic to think he needs to.

(And for the record I despise Mourinho)

Sean

Post by Sean »

SteveO 35 wrote:
robbo10 wrote:
Well said 8)

TOF has only reached three European finals in 34 years of management and lost them all. He has only won four league titles in that time. If he were English, he'd be considered along with the likes of Howard Kendall or Howard Wilkinson, but with the enduring 'Professor' smokescreen/myth, some people still think he compares with Ferguson, who won 13 PL titles himself, while we as a club are still stick on 13 titles in total thanks to that dinosaur who is too miserable to fuck off.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

A big win..... The wheels havent fallen off the Wenger bandwagon

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:58 am
A big win..... The wheels havent fallen off the Wenger bandwagon
YET! :lol: :wink:

Brightonnxtround

Post by Brightonnxtround »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:53 pm
Glad that this is on BT Sport as it will mean anyone mad enough to have even considered paying a fiver to watch this shit will be put off

Blocks of empty seats to be beamed round the world I hope, and the club's stock continues to fall. Lovely old job. Hope we scrape through the group and keep the humiliation and endless Sunday matches going deep into the new year
Cricky is that what BT charge £5 for one game no wonder my package is £70
A month :(

NickF

Post by NickF »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:53 pm
Glad that this is on BT Sport as it will mean anyone mad enough to have even considered paying a fiver to watch this shit will be put off

Blocks of empty seats to be beamed round the world I hope, and the club's stock continues to fall. Lovely old job. Hope we scrape through the group and keep the humiliation and endless Sunday matches going deep into the new year
Seeing this reminded me, I was watching the NFL on Sunday and it was noticeable that there were a lot of empty seats at the recently relocated LA Rams.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Cologne fans seem to be up for it sold out the 3000 allocation and being reported anything up to another 17,000 expected without tickets.....

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:07 pm
Cologne fans seem to be up for it sold out the 3000 allocation and being reported anything up to another 17,000 expected without tickets.....
Maybe they want a pwoper nawty tear up. :D :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:14 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:07 pm
Maybe they want a pwoper nawty tear up. :D :barscarf:
I knew it! :banghead: Those cuntts have never forgiven us for giving them WhoopsUpSideThe Head in World War One and Two! :barscarf: :barscarf: :box:

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Olympiakos 3 nil down after 30 mins at home to Sporting Lisbon in the be all and end all. The chances of them dropping in to the europa evaporating quickly :cry:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

rodders999 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:32 pm
Olympiakos 3 nil down after 30 mins at home to Sporting Lisbon in the be all and end all. The chances of them dropping in to the europa evaporating quickly :cry:
You jinxed it when you cleared out the Barry White CDs !

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Nice to see Celtic representing the "Arsenal Way" in the CL.

Rodgers said they were 2 or 3 leagues behind PSG... I wonder what Wenger would have said.....

Mbappe...yes he was definitely a distraction as he should/could/would have been playing for us if it wasn't for Brexit...but I feel we were slightly unlucky because we won the first 7 minutes and their 1st, 2nd, and 5th goals were definitely offside..... :blah: :blah: :blah:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

There should really be three European competitions, rather than two. They should half the CL, to 16 teams, it's laughable the likes of Celtic are 'competing' with PSG. The CL does nothing else, but reward mediocrity, as it has done for us for 20 years.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:58 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:32 pm
You jinxed it when you cleared out the Barry White CDs !
Banged em on with 10 mins to go....almost did the trick 8)

3-2 in the end......keep the faith :barscarf: