FC Cologne (H) | Europa League | Thu 14 Sep 20:05

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
sk-gtfo

Re: FC Cologne (H) | Europa League | Thu 14 Sep 20:05

Post by sk-gtfo »

I couldn't even be arsed to watch this on TV let alone the stale corporate bowl. Detox process well and truly under way..

:twisted:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Not going to claim originality on this but When the Police questioned Cologne fans they accused them of entering the stadium under false pretences...that being wearing an Arsenal shirt...
The Cologne fans admitted guilt and said they got the idea from Theo Walcott

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... narchy.htm

The modern Arsenal fan "Took his son home because it didn't feel right" ..... You know, people cheering and all that.....terrifying :shock: :shock: :shock:

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

Was in clock end lower... Felt like I was in the wrong end! Germans everywhere all wearing colours, singing, clapping and jumping up when they scored.

Great atmosphere in all honesty, I saw some arsenal fans whinging to the stewards but only one took it up with Cologne fans himself. Whinging to stewards not going to change anything when there's thousands of away fans in the home seats.

All the cologne fans I saw were well behaved. An atmosphere at a football match and at the Emirates! Maybe let the away fans in the how sections every game!

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

English football has been sanitised and rebranded with the aim of attracting a new breed of well behaved and affluent fan.

The new breed of well behaved and affluent fan is not used to coming into contact with away fans and so feels threatened, even when the away fans are well behaved themselves!

In my experience, in the "wrong" end, when in small numbers you sit on your hands, however if there's enough of you and you've had a few beers that's probably not gonna happen!

hugh jardon

Post by hugh jardon »

:D

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:31 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:32 pm
Courtesy of Highbury Harold on twatter -

Cologne fans last night

Arsenal "fans"

Mother of FUCK
With the amount of empty seats these days it won't be long before the full hamper, blanket and fold away chairs come out at the Bowl

Picture just about sums it up doesn't it. How football has changed for the better eh?
Back in the day Cesc would have thrown that at other managers!

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:53 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:31 pm
rodders999 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:32 pm
Courtesy of Highbury Harold on twatter -

Cologne fans last night

Arsenal "fans"

Mother of FUCK
With the amount of empty seats these days it won't be long before the full hamper, blanket and fold away chairs come out at the Bowl

Picture just about sums it up doesn't it. How football has changed for the better eh?
Back in the day Cesc would have thrown that at other managers!
The fucking shit they serve up at the Bowl.......I'd say that was the best use for it !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Meant to say before I logged off of here after enduring the dross of the first half against Cologne...Walcott is one of the most Useless, Mamby Pamby, Brainless Pieces of Shyte Ever to Don an Arsenal shirt. A Talentless W.A.N.K who must be sucking wenger's shrivelled man sausage in order to keep getting picked.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:23 pm
Meant to say before I logged off of here after enduring the dross of the first half against Cologne...Walcott is one of the most Useless, Mamby Pamby, Brainless Pieces of Shyte Ever to Don an Arsenal shirt. A Talentless W.A.N.K who must be sucking wenger's shrivelled man sausage in order to keep getting picked.

Get off the fence will ya, are we keeping him or selling him?

brucers

Post by brucers »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:47 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:30 am
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:02 am
Last night was brilliant. They obviously love their football in Cologne and made the whole event miles more passionate then anything we saw in 20 years of Champions League.
Football is about your mates and loving the 90 mins. In our League it's become stale with very boring teams winning the League. I mean who thinks Chelsea were good to watch last season.
We had no chance of winning the Champ League so this Europa adventure will be more interesting than I ever expected.
:barscarf:
the Europa League could be a great competition.
it just gets a bad press because of the Thursday night matches.

my best memories of Arsenal in Europe are not in the Champions League - they are of the Cup Winners Cup 1994 and 1995
its nice to be in a competition where you actually think you have a chance (although of course with Wenger in charge that is sadly not the case)
One of the main reasons the Cup Winners Cup was so good was because it was a knock-out cup competition. Modern European club comps are tedious as hell because of the "league" format that leads to too many games that have no real repurcussions for the teams involved (same as the CL). The Europa league is tedious shite to me tbh.

I've never enjoyed any of our CL campaigns as much as I enjoyed that CWC run in 1994. Even in 2006 the whole campaign was tainted for me because we were not champions and should not have been in the CL. :|
That we got to the final of the CWC helps. Totally agree about 2006. Champs League should be for champions not 4th place also rans and those in between. Take it a tad further, given our free kick that led to our goal was a dive, I'm not sure how good the feeling would have been to have won in such a manner.....I suspect I could have overcome that though!!

brucers

Post by brucers »

I was not at this game but my experience with German fans (along with Dutch fans) is that they are more amenable to mixing with the opposition fans just to have a laugh and talk football. If this had been an Italian sides' fans, things may well have been very nasty. It says all about Arsenal (English) football that it took another team to make an atmosphere at Ashburton. I have never really wanted to be at a match at Ashburton but this one I would have loved. I don't doubt there were a few off incidences, but when you consider there were 20,000 away fans in the vicinity, it must have been a cracking night.

On a different subject, given tickets seem to have been sold to German fans by Arsenal and that they also bought a pile of Arsenal shirts could this have been an amazing piece of business instigated by Kranky! Personally I hope any bad publicity it brings pees him off and he starts to get fed up with the hassle.

herbert

Post by herbert »

Loads of opposing support everywhere in our ground is not something I would normally like to see but fair play to the cologne support they certainly enjoyed there first Euro experience in years and fair play to the gunners at the back of block 99 ,who always try to create a good atmosphere and on the rare occasion that I do go to the bowl I always try to get a seat in there

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

I'm still baffled at how Cologne got 20,000 supporters over here without being stopped at the airport???
My days of traveling away in Europe have long passed but I'm sure you had to provide a match ticket to get on the plane, or was that with the travel club?
Not even Hitler got that many Germans on our shores. Europa League bigger than Champions League!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:45 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:05 am
SteveO 35 wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:56 pm
I know he isn't the most popular player round these parts (particularly with our Oirish fans) but give me Wilshere over Ramsey, Xhaka, Elneny, Coquelin, Maitland-Niles or any of the other useless, paceless cocks we play in that position. More heart, pace, invention and quality of passing in 20 mins than those 5 cocks will manage between them all season
Seriously, Steve.... everytime you drag this one up, no one bites... time to just put your little UKIP t-shirt back in the closet until the next Interlull... you are starting to embarrass yourself, mate... :lol: :wink:

Anyballs, good to see Jack back for the first of his usual 5 or 6 games before injury rules him out for anther 9 - 18 months... :(

More importantly, wow what a night of European Glory! This is why we left Highbury kids!! :barscarf:

Yep, to rub shoulders with a crowd of fucking idiotic small club Superfans and get outnumbered and outsung by them in a soulless shithole of a stadium in the European equivalent of the fucking league cup. :roll:

Yaaaaaayyyy!! :barscarf:

:oops: :roll:
Now I wasn't going to mention that mate......but don't worry, I'll send you a postcard from Russia when you're watching at home :D

ING-ER-LUND ING-ER-LUND ING-ER- LUND

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

My bestie Nige says hi as well :D
I fucking hope so. :lol: If you saw the type of moronic Interlull fans that crawl out of the woodwork and get all patriotic over here.... oh, you probably have them there too, huh? :lol: :wink: