Money

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
supergeorgegraham

Money

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Watching City tonight on match of the day. It's bollocks and fake how we have arrived here. It was bad enough when Chelsea overtook us with endless cash but to see a nothing club like City take centre stage due to enless cash destroys football in my eyes. Arsenal have problems with Wenger and Kroenke but nothing compares to fair play destruction like the way it's gone since 2003

xisstential

Re: Money

Post by xisstential »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:46 pm
Watching City tonight on match of the day. It's bollocks and fake how we have arrived here. It was bad enough when Chelsea overtook us with endless cash but to see a nothing club like City take centre stage due to enless cash destroys football in my eyes. Arsenal have problems with Wenger and Kroenke but nothing compares to fair play destruction like the way it's gone since 2003
Seriously...nobody likes it, but if you handed that City squad to Wenger tomorrow he still wouldn't win the title. Sure it's awash with money but you still have to have a manager to MANAGE what you buy. Give that *word censored* Wenger a billion pounds he still wont win the PL or CL.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

I have no sympathy for the c*nt who just wants to use Arsenal as an investment, I am not buying Ivan's "self sustaining" bs, we have now been told we have to look at Leicester as an example ffs, a few years ago it was Bayern, why lock out Usmanov?, another billionaire, from the boardroom.

I don't like how football has gone but I don't want to hear excuses from the c*nts who run the club when they choose this path and shaft the fans along the way, I'm sure they would just like to blame everyone for "financial doping" and excuse themselves.

I suspect you are right though and the top 3 this season will be the richest 3, i.e. City, United and Chelsea, we are probably the only club who can compete with them (but choose not to), Spurs and Liverpool will fight us for 4th and can't really compete with the wealth of those 3 even if they wanted to, but because we have no ambition and a poor structure then we will probably end up behind the whole lot of them!.

:banghead:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

if the oil clubs pay 100+ milllion for a striker just because they can it prices ALL other clubs out, and that is the end game. Once PSG or Man city win one CL all bets are off, they will be the teams to go to, bar history / class and that seem to count for less and less lately

Man City and PSG will in time price out Barcelona Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, Man UTD Arsenal Juve Liverpool etc etc ruin the CL to the point it becomes a joke, and I for one can't wait for it, as I hate that competition with a passion. I hate the effect it has had on the English division and our club. its a bloated shithouse competition.

:D

This is not a defense of WengerFC's postion I think he is a coward and does not spend any money unless forced, as then he would be expected to compete again, something which he does not know how to do in the modern era. the sad truth is the last 10 years was his chance to win anyhthing before football goes up its own arse of billion pound players, or collapses back to what it was pre 2000.

I also hate our lack of ambition and we should NEVER have sold anyone to Man City, Never to chelsea and Never to PSG. if other clubs would have done the same the owners would have got bored trying to unearth thier own talent, but all the clubs are greedy the players are greedy and it will be the farce they deserve as we watch no mark clubs like: chelsea PSG and Man City make up the last 4 of the CL most years - once they have priced out other clubs.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Sorry but you can't put Chelsea in the same bracket as P$G or City, our second biggest shareholder is richer than Abramovich, but wiggy w*nker locks him out of the boardroom in case he lets slip his real motive of using the Arsenal as a loan guarantee for the LA Rams move, the club just spin this self sustaining bs to cover this up and make it sound positive that Kroenke basically puts nothing in and has no ambition - "look at us doing it the Arsenal way etc." :roll:

P$G and City are in a league of their own wealth wise, I agree though it would be funny to see them keep getting to the CL final, with Barca and RM moaning about "state aid" already (ironic) surely UEFA will then get serious about FFP.

To quote the great philosopher (Eddie Hitler from Bottom) "Oh, well, hey-ho, it's all a load of bollocks, isn't it?".

:twisted:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:31 am
Sorry but you can't put Chelsea in the same bracket as P$G or City, our second biggest shareholder is richer than Abramovich, but wiggy w*nker locks him out of the boardroom in case he lets slip his real motive of using the Arsenal as a loan guarantee for the LA Rams move, the club just spin this self sustaining bs to cover this up and make it sound positive that Kroenke basically puts nothing in and has no ambition - "look at us doing it the Arsenal way etc." :roll:

P$G and City are in a league of their own wealth wise, I agree though it would be funny to see them keep getting to the CL final, with Barca and RM moaning about "state aid" already (ironic) surely UEFA will then get serious about FFP.

To quote the great philosopher (Eddie Hitler from Bottom) "Oh, well, hey-ho, it's all a load of bollocks, isn't it?".

:twisted:

It's the same principle. They are all pimped. The chav would not be anywhere near what they are now if the Russian Gangsta hadn't invested. You have to remember the amounts he spent, given the era too. He initially cleared their huge £75million debt - something they were close to missing a payment on at one point;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... -debt.html

They were in serious shit. They were very close to a Dirty Leeds-style mass selling of players before he took over. He also intially spent about £120million on players back then which 10 to 12 years ago was serious money. And up to 2015 he'd given them over £1billion in interest free "loans" ffs. Fuck knows what it's up to now.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2458 ... ubs-future

Abramovich is the original pimp cúnt that fucking ruined football and I hope he burns in hell for it. And it's a hell where he and Jean-Marc Bosman take turns anally hammering each other for eternity, leaving their arses like mulch-coated blood oranges. :twisted: :censored:

Money is choking the life out of the game, creating greedy mercenary owners, players, managers, media-whores and wánky JCL aspiration-motivated "fans". :twisted:

Football is fucking dead. :banghead: :twisted: :censored:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Don't get me wrong Abramovich is a c*nt who got his money through very dubious means, a bit like our very own oligarch, but my point is this should not be used as an excuse by Kroenke, Wenger and co. as to why we can't compete and have not been near a title for 13 years.

It also makes me laugh when certain people (AKB's?) moan about how unethical it is to have an oligarch, have they actually seen how Kroenke made his money?, bulldozing people's home and buying up real estate, yes that is so much better.

Football has sold it's soul long ago and you either join in or sit back whinging about doping which is basically what we do (as a club).

P.S would have much preferred if dirty Leeds and Chelsea could have swapped places, at least it wouldn't be another London club.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:52 pm
if the oil clubs pay 100+ milllion for a striker just because they can it prices ALL other clubs out, and that is the end game. Once PSG or Man city win one CL all bets are off, they will be the teams to go to, bar history / class and that seem to count for less and less lately

Man City and PSG will in time price out Barcelona Real Madrid and Bayern Munich, Man UTD Arsenal Juve Liverpool etc etc ruin the CL to the point it becomes a joke, and I for one can't wait for it, as I hate that competition with a passion. I hate the effect it has had on the English division and our club. its a bloated shithouse competition.

This is not a defense of WengerFC's postion I think he is a coward and does not spend any money unless forced, as then he would be expected to compete again, something which he does not know how to do in the modern era. the sad truth is the last 10 years was his chance to win anyhthing before football goes up its own arse of billion pound players, or collapses back to what it was pre 2000.

I also hate our lack of ambition and we should NEVER have sold anyone to Man City, Never to chelsea and Never to PSG. if other clubs would have done the same the owners would have got bored trying to unearth thier own talent, but all the clubs are greedy the players are greedy and it will be the farce they deserve as we watch no mark clubs like: chelsea PSG and Man City make up the last 4 of the CL most years - once they have priced out other clubs.
I was just thinking about the youth system at them clubs,what chance do they have,but then again if its anything like ours with no marque 17 year old on mega money I don't suppose they care,but who in their right mind would go there knowing you have zero chance of progression,mind you I've probably answered my own question regarding the money.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

robbo10 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:06 pm
AkneyGooner wrote:

I was just thinking about the youth system at them clubs,what chance do they have,but then again if its anything like ours with no marque 17 year old on mega money I don't suppose they care,but who in their right mind would go there knowing you have zero chance of progression,mind you I've probably answered my own question regarding the money.
You have, mate. :lol:

Most of these kids that "go into football" nowadays don't give a shit about career progression or learning their craft. They want that first big contract that puts a million or three in the bank and they know they are set for life. They judge success on how rich they are when they leave the game, not on what they have won. :roll: :censored:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:12 pm
robbo10 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:06 pm
AkneyGooner wrote:

You have, mate. :lol:

Most of these kids that "go into football" nowadays don't give a shit about career progression or learning their craft. They want that first big contract that puts a million or three in the bank and they know they are set for life. They judge success on how rich they are when they leave the game, not on what they have won. :roll: :censored:
And we wonder why they don't give a fuck when they pull out of tackles or laugh when they concede the 5th goal,or jump out the way at free-kicks,the quicker "modern football" disappears up its own arsehole the better.
Take your WAG's and fuck right off...........

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

As much shit as the likes of City, Chelsea, and PSG get for financially doping, i still don't think they are as bad as Kroneke, the *word censored*. The owners of those clubs invest crazy amount's of money, in order to ensure these clubs are successful. In comparison, Kroenke is only interested in turning a profit, and doesn't give a shit if we are ruined as a club. If most of us are honest, if our club was ran by a billionaire, with unlimited spending power, we wouldn't give a shit, once we had success.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:19 pm
As much shit as the likes of City, Chelsea, and PSG get for financially doping, i still don't think they are as bad as Kroneke, the *word censored*. The owners of those clubs invest crazy amount's of money, in order to ensure these clubs are successful. In comparison, Kroenke is only interested in turning a profit, and doesn't give a shit if we are ruined as a club. If most of us are honest, if our club was ran by a billionaire, with unlimited spending power, we wouldn't give a shit, once we had success.
I wouldn't care if the club had £1 in the bank and was winning every trophy available,instead of millions and not even looking like competing
As much as i hate Chelsea and City I'd be a real smug c*nt if we were in their position if I'm honest.(but we ain't so I still hate them)

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

robbo10 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:29 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:19 pm
I wouldn't care if the club had £1 in the bank and was winning every trophy available,instead of millions and not even looking like competing
As much as i hate Chelsea and City I'd be a real smug c*nt if we were in their position if I'm honest.(but we ain't so I still hate them)
Exactly - these AKB's or self sustaining fan boys (I'm not sure they are not one and the same?), are just using doping etc. as an excuse, we didn't win but it doesn't matter because we win the "football ethics award", does that count towards a treble with the top 4 trophy and charity shield?. :roll:

I just hope it dawns on Kroenke that it won't be anywhere near as easy as it was a few years ago to stay in touch at the top without investing, sadly though looking at his US investments I don't think he really gives a sh*t what goes on on the field and with football and the PL in particular now becoming awash with money, even if you are in midtable, then it just looks bleak unless he is hounded out, which I doubt will happen.

Neilers C

Post by Neilers C »

Can't get away from fair play destruction these days. I still think City will hit a bad patch and fingers crossed it results in Pep just walking away, something you could never really rule out anyway to be honest.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Unfortunately we have the perfect storm - an owner who's only interested in the bank balance and a manager who is quite happy to deliver this. You only need to look at Wenger press conference the other week to realise this.

"And I overall believe today we are in a strong financial situation, as always, and we have a good enough squad to complete."

Money first, football second. :banghead:

While people go on about financial doping, I was reading an article about the amount of money chelsea have made from transfers yet we can't give our players away and seemingly will let them go for nothing just to prove a point.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... a-10713553