Sanchez

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Re: Sanchez

Post by StuartL »

General wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:32 pm
NickF wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:53 pm
General wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:17 pm
It was easy to become emotionally invested in players during the self imposed austerity years because we were told we had no money and consequently player loyalty became key to survival. Nonetheless, Wonga and the deceitful board were all too happy to take the money under the guise that said players wanted out. We paid around £3m for Robin so we were never going to make a loss come what may. Some wanted top dollar which we didn't want to pay (Adebandoor, Flamini circa 08, Robin, Sanchez, Ozil) and some simply wanted out because they thought the grass was greener (Hleb, Cesc, Ox). Others were simply sold to balance the books (Nasri, Clichy).
Do you really think Ozil and Sanchez is just about money?
It's not 'just' about money but money is a major factor and I'm certain our deceitful board have offered nowhere near what's been reported by the media. People enter into contracts to make money and neither player would've entered into prolonged contract negotiations with the club if money wasn't a factor. Sanchez could easily command a £10m signing on fee if he walks away for free.
We apparently paid Henry £10m to sign his new contract after Paris 06, he then left the following season we could potentially offer Sanchez something similar ( but we won’t)

NickF

Post by NickF »

General wrote:
NickF wrote:
General wrote:
It was easy to become emotionally invested in players during the self imposed austerity years because we were told we had no money and consequently player loyalty became key to survival. Nonetheless, Wonga and the deceitful board were all too happy to take the money under the guise that said players wanted out. We paid around £3m for Robin so we were never going to make a loss come what may. Some wanted top dollar which we didn't want to pay (Adebandoor, Flamini circa 08, Robin, Sanchez, Ozil) and some simply wanted out because they thought the grass was greener (Hleb, Cesc, Ox). Others were simply sold to balance the books (Nasri, Clichy).
It's not 'just' about money but money is a major factor and I'm certain our deceitful board have offered nowhere near what's been reported by the media. People enter into contracts to make money and neither player would've entered into prolonged contract negotiations with the club if money wasn't a factor. Sanchez could easily command a £10m signing on fee if he walks away for free.
So you don't think the fact the we have no chance of winning the big prizes might be a bigger factor than just the money?
Seems to me people use the money as an excuse rather than admit we can't hold on to players because we choose not to compete.

General

Post by General »

NickF wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:03 pm
General wrote:
NickF wrote:
General wrote:
So you don't think the fact the we have no chance of winning the big prizes might be a bigger factor than just the money?
Seems to me people use the money as an excuse rather than admit we can't hold on to players because we choose not to compete.
I said it's not 'just about money' for the umpteenth time. The club has been in negotiations with both players for the past 12months. What do you think they've been discussing? Ambition and tactics? If anything, the we 'can't hold on to players because we choose not to compete' is the easier excuse. If this was the case, both players would've made it clear they wanted out and there would've been no protracted contract negotiations as was the case with Robin.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

I am sure if we had a hungry ambitious manager instead of an old has been who fails to grasp the difference between reality and fantasy those contracts would have been sorted one way or the other...
The world no longer revolves around Wenger and those supporting the old has been are as deluded as he is!...
We are slipping away, slowly but surely...
Arsenal is not the place to be and judging by all those players that have turned us down, the stumbling block is Wenger..
In 2006 we were in a Champions League final, in 2017 we are scrapping with minnows in the Europa Trash League, what went wrong in those 11 years?...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

BFG4 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:32 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:19 am
BFG4 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:14 pm
Sean wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:19 pm
Sanchez will leave for Citeh in January, sadly. Ozil will walk away for nothing next summer. Why would they waste any more time in their careers to play for TOF?
Agree 100% Sean, and i know it's a touchy subject on here but how anyone can be angry with RVP, Cesc or Nasri for leaving, when they did? All have won PL titles, and would be stuck in the never ending top 4 cycle otherwise.
RVP??? Pull your fucking head in ffs. :oops: :roll:

This is in general to all the VanJudasCunt fanboys on here; Sometimes the fucking rank idiocy on this forum astonishes me. We got people posting shit as if VanJudasCunt should be respected, lauded and loved because by cashing in his one good season and fucking off to one of our most bitter and hated rivals he had somehow fucked everyone's enemy, Wenger. Well here's the fucking news. He didn't fuck Wenger one iota by fucking off. It made no difference whatsoever to Wenger's tenure because here we are FIVE YEARS later and guess what? Guess who is still our shit manager? Need a fucking clue? He's French and been in charge for what feels like 50 years now and will be in charge until he deems he won't be. VanJudasCunt didn't fuck Wenger. He fucked The Arsenal. Our club. Our team. Our fans. We the punters who made the lazy crocked cúnt a millionaire - that's who he fucked. He's on a par with Cashley A-Hole for the level of cúnt he is. This fucking "my enemy's enemy is my friend" mentality is fucking embarrassing tbh. It's as embarrassing as any shite the AKB come out with to defend their Lord and Master. Have some pride you dizzy cúnts. :oops: :roll: :censored:
DB, I understand why you hate RVP, but answer me this question. What would you have liked him to do? Should he have hung around and battled for 4th, out of some sort of loyalty, in a sport in which there is none. Everyone on here has been criticising and abusing Wenger for years, but you think that no player should have the right to want away from him. Blame Wenger for his incompetence, not a player for waking up and walking away from his bullshit.
I think you (and the other RVJC fanboys :wink: ) have missed my point. I'm not saying he didn't do what most people would do, and I'm not even saying what he did was wrong for him.... players are selfish cúnts mostly and will always look after number one. I'm saying for Gooners to act as if what he did was for anything other than purely self interested and selfish reasons is ridiculous. We have Gooners praising him as if he stood up and left for the good of the club, as if his reasons were altruistic in pointing out Wenger's failure and in so doing he was trying to help The Arsenal. That is the horseshit that boils my piss.

Some of our support have gotten so entrenched and emotionally (and egotistically) invested in their hatred of Wenger that they have taken the attitude that anyone that crosses Wenger is instantly a hero and can't be seen as a cúnt no matter what else they have done. It's a startlingly one dimensional view that just reeks of limited intellect tbh. We've had people on here praising fucktards like Melted Cheese Face, Fat Sam, Pubis, Savage etc because they had a row with Wenger or criticised him.

To those that roll out the same tired old shite about "RVJC woke up and realised Wenger was shit and then left blah blah" I say why did he not ask to leave years earlier? When he was collecting millions for sitting on a treatment table? We all knew for years before he left that Wenger was a busted flush as a manager. Why did "honest John" RVJC wait until he was fit and had his one decent season? Because he knew he would not have gotten picked up by any top club based on his injury record and his wage demands. The only reason he got picked up by Manure was Rednose knew he was in his last couple years as manager and wanted a short term striker to score the goals for his last tip at a title before he himself retired.

What RVJC did doesn't really piss me off tbh, most players are selfish cúnts, end of. What pisses me off is the stupidity of people respecting and praising him as if he was some kind of heroic, decent, and honest guy that was a martyr to the Wenger Out cause. He wasn't. He was just another selfish cúnt that betrayed the club that stuck by him through years of injuries and non performance and made him rich into the bargain. Call it for what it is.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:00 pm
I have more respect for RVP than most other former players tbh. He carried us for a whole season and knew we were destined for more mediocrity and got out whole he can. No real Arsenal fan saw the manc shite as direct rivals at the time anyway.

Players like clichy, saga, nasri and song gave far less to Arsenal and got less vitriol than RVP, not to mention he has always spoken warmly of his time with us despite the incessant rape chanting when we played them (some weird gooners still chanting this years after he left them :? )

Being honest the way our support handled the RVP thing was incredibly small time and we would give any other fanbase stick if they kept it up years on end.

Probably going to get a very angry diatribe from DB10 for this but oh well ;)
No angry diatribe at all. I just can't believe any "real Arsenal fan" :wink: could respect a cúnt like RVJC. And I find it impossible to believe that any "real Arsenal fan" didn't see the manc cúnts as our direct rivals at that time. They might have pulled away from us in a footballing sense by then, but we have had serious history with these cúnts since the punch up in 91 that cost us 2 league points, through the PL title fights between 1998 and 2008, the VanDonkeyFace jostle in 04, the managers' war of words etc etc etc. Real Gooners hated and despised the manc filth and their fake fans and always will. I also find it dificult to believe that any football fan that thinks chanting shit at certain players is "small time" has been to many matches tbh. That is what football fans do. :roll: Well, it's what real football fans used to do before so many cúnts jumped on the bandwagon with their ipads and footlong hotdogs. I can't stand that hipster shit of "Ooh it's beneath me to chant negative shit at tottenham or man utd, or this player or that player, it's so small time". This is all part of what has gone wrong with modern football. Sanitised games, sanitised players, sanitised crowds. Football is tribal and it should be.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:35 am
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
I have more respect for RVP than most other former players tbh. He carried us for a whole season and knew we were destined for more mediocrity and got out whole he can. No real Arsenal fan saw the manc shite as direct rivals at the time anyway.

Players like clichy, saga, nasri and song gave far less to Arsenal and got less vitriol than RVP, not to mention he has always spoken warmly of his time with us despite the incessant rape chanting when we played them (some weird gooners still chanting this years after he left them :? )

Being honest the way our support handled the RVP thing was incredibly small time and we would give any other fanbase stick if they kept it up years on end.

No angry diatribe at all. I just can't believe any "real Arsenal fan" :wink: could respect a cúnt like RVJC. And I find it impossible to believe that any "real Arsenal fan" didn't see the manc cúnts as our direct rivals at that time. They might have pulled away from us in a footballing sense by then, but we have had serious history with these cúnts since the punch up in 91 that cost us 2 league points, through the PL title fights between 1998 and 2008, the VanDonkeyFace jostle in 04, the managers' war of words etc etc etc. Real Gooners hated and despised the manc filth and their fake fans and always will. I also find it dificult to believe that any football fan that thinks chanting shit at certain players is "small time" has been to many matches tbh. That is what football fans do. :roll: Well, it's what real football fans used to do before so many cúnts jumped on the bandwagon with their ipads and footlong hotdogs. I can't stand that hipster shit of "Ooh it's beneath me to chant negative shit at tottenham or man utd, or this player or that player, it's so small time". This is all part of what has gone wrong with modern football. Sanitised games, sanitised players, sanitised crowds. Football is tribal and it should be.
I can't quite believe it but I agree with your last couple of posts littling :wink:

I shall now go scrub myself with carbolic soap and floor cleaner :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:00 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

I can't quite believe it but I agree with your last couple of posts littling :wink:

:lol:

Why does that feel like someone has aggressively fingered me in my shitter without washing their hands first....? :rubchin:

:D :wink:

NickF

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
I also find it dificult to believe that any football fan that thinks chanting shit at certain players is "small time" has been to many matches tbh. That is what football fans do. :roll: Well, it's what real football fans used to do before so many cúnts jumped on the bandwagon with their ipads and footlong hotdogs. I can't stand that hipster shit of "Ooh it's beneath me to chant negative shit at tottenham or man utd, or this player or that player, it's so small time". This is all part of what has gone wrong with modern football. Sanitised games, sanitised players, sanitised crowds. Football is tribal and it should be.
100% agree with this.

I remember a few seasons ago when Adam Johnson was playing against and there was nothing. Back in the old days there would have load of "sex case" and "You're going to get raped in jail" chants. Modern football for you :roll: :roll:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:05 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:00 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

Why does that feel like someone has aggressively fingered me in my shitter without washing their hands first....? :rubchin:

:D :wink:

Well you know us farmers :barscarf: :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

NickF wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:12 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
I also find it dificult to believe that any football fan that thinks chanting shit at certain players is "small time" has been to many matches tbh. That is what football fans do. :roll: Well, it's what real football fans used to do before so many cúnts jumped on the bandwagon with their ipads and footlong hotdogs. I can't stand that hipster shit of "Ooh it's beneath me to chant negative shit at tottenham or man utd, or this player or that player, it's so small time". This is all part of what has gone wrong with modern football. Sanitised games, sanitised players, sanitised crowds. Football is tribal and it should be.
100% agree with this.

I remember a few seasons ago when Adam Johnson was playing against and there was nothing. Back in the old days there would have load of "sex case" and "You're going to get raped in jail" chants. Modern football for you :roll: :roll:
The problem is these days even if you do boo, it sounds like a sanitised type of booing - the sort you'd get at a pantomime when the villain walks on. I've seen people booing and smiling at the same time. WTF is that? I want to see faces contorted with hatred and rage 8)

It is modern fans trying to be tribal when they dont know how. The booing of Ashley Cole when he returned to the Emirates for example was fucking cringeworthy towards the end because there was no vitriol in it. If you're gonna do it, then do it properly. The booing of Stapleton was the standard. It was fierce from what I remember.

I still think there is something to the small time thing though. Chanting 'Arsenal reject' at someone shows contempt and is much better than just booing as that is acting like you're the ones who have been hurt and rejected. Although chanting ''who are ya? who are ya?'' at the opposition fans is a much better example of Arsenal fans' behaviour becoming small time.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

DB10 you seem to be under the misapprehension that I am calling for Gooners to cheer his name (although he would deserve it, he is an Arsenal legend on the level of Brady and Bergkamp; ) ) but being serious, I love territorialism in football and hate sanitised atmospheres but I can recall going to places like swansea and palace and hearing that sad rape song years after he left us, it became really embarrassing.
One time I heard a group of police/stewards on the concourse ask his mate "are we at old Trafford today" ffs. I think even the scouse vermin got over Torres faster than we did with rvp.

Your first point I understand but I seem to remember a lot of resignation to him going to the manc the on here at the time.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:24 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:

DB10 you seem to be under the misapprehension that I am calling for Gooners to cheer his name (although he would deserve it, he is an Arsenal legend on the level of Brady and Bergkamp; ) ) but being serious, I love territorialism in football and hate sanitised atmospheres but I can recall going to places like swansea and palace and hearing that sad rape song years after he left us, it became really embarrassing.
One time I heard a group of police/stewards on the concourse ask his mate "are we at old Trafford today" ffs. I think even the scouse vermin got over Torres faster than we did with rvp.

Your first point I understand but I seem to remember a lot of resignation to him going to the manc the on here at the time.
I think the reason so many were so disgusted by RVJC was because of his particular circumstances. He sat on that treatment table for 7 years or so, never complaining, no mention of his ambition, took his millions of filthy lucre, and then after one and a bit good seasons he said fuck you to the club that had stuck by him and paid him so much for so little return. It's not even so much a judas snub to the fans IMHO, it's a judas snub to the entity that is The Arsenal. Torres delivered big time for the mousers and though they were upset at his leaving, it probably didn't feel as shitty and slimey as RVJC doing one to manure after doing fuck all at our place for so many years. Compare this to Sanchez. When he goes, only a very stupid person would say he hasn't put the effort in. He has earned the right to walk away head held high with no recriminations from me.

And again, I'm not getting pissy because RVJC did what he did (I would expect little else from most modern footballers tbh) what gets on my shit is when Gooners try to use his actions to back up their anti-Wenger argument, as if RVJC did it as some kind of heroic stand he made against Wenger, which is bollocks really.

I do agree that there is a line that should not be crossed when it comes to chanting and giving players stick. The rape stuff at RVJC and the peado stuff at Wenger is going too far, as is the Holocaust stuff aimed at the scum.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Hope Sanchez can continue to provide more of the match-winning contributons and the less of the bitchy, falling over and whining.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Scored the winner for Chile. Although it looks like Chile is going to miss the World Cup somehow, along with Argentina.