Sanchez

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
rodders999

Re: Sanchez

Post by rodders999 »

Couldn't agree more with the above. 18 months ago Sanchez should have been given a new contract, a big bump in his wages and a £85m buy out clause inserted into it. That way you protect your asset and don't have the farcical situation where you let him stroll out the door for nada.

Same should have happened with Ozil but of course no - SFB tells all the world that more and more players are just going to run down their contracts and leave clubs on a free.

Strange that I don't see it happening anywhere else mind :roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Toward the end of last season he became totally obsessed with himself to the exclusion of everything else, the protests, his situation, his problems, his contract. The FA Cup & Top 4 was all he cared about as he had to find a way to justify HIS deal, HIS contract, HIS future. Then when he got there he must have finally looked at the rest of what was going on and realized that he had negligently allowed our 2 best players contracts to run down. So instead of working flat out to fix it, he comes out with his Hunger Index bullshit and trying to sell it as a good thing, new innovation in football that HE had introduced. The megalomaniac even got somebody to look up how many players contracts were in their final year (107) so he could trot it out at his next presser. BUT I would wager that Ozil & Sanchez are worth more than those other 107 players combined. The bottom line is that he has allowed the clubs 2 biggest players contracts to run down while he was busy making sure he would be Ok.

Values of the club my arse.

PRICK!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:11 pm
Toward the end of last season he became totally obsessed with himself to the exclusion of everything else, the protests, his situation, his problems, his contract. The FA Cup & Top 4 was all he cared about as he had to find a way to justify HIS deal, HIS contract, HIS future. Then when he got there he must have finally looked at the rest of what was going on and realized that he had negligently allowed our 2 best players contracts to run down. So instead of working flat out to fix it, he comes out with his Hunger Index bullshit and trying to sell it as a good thing, new innovation in football that HE had introduced. The megalomaniac even got somebody to look up how many players contracts were in their final year (107) so he could trot it out at his next presser. BUT I would wager that Ozil & Sanchez are worth more than those other 107 players combined. The bottom line is that he has allowed the clubs 2 biggest players contracts to run down while he was busy making sure he would be Ok.

Values of the club my arse.

PRICK!!
Bang on the money there, mate. What probably frustrates me the most about the AKB is that they seem incapable of seeing his egomaniacal self interest for what it is. Sure, Wenger will try and do good for the club, but ONLY after his own self interest and ego are served and ONLY if by doing that good he doesn't negatively affect his own self interest. His ego and self justification disorder dictate everything.

General

Post by General »

It's going to be a nightmare January managing the Sanchez and Ozil situation. If this club had any ambition it would start planning ahead for replacements and get them in as soon as the window opens, but it won't because it's run by idiots with no foresight. We will be haggling over fees and terms deep into the window and end up severely disadvantaged when City inevitably snatch Sanchez.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

General wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:00 am
It's going to be a nightmare January managing the Sanchez and Ozil situation. If this club had any ambition it would start planning ahead for replacements and get them in as soon as the window opens, but it won't because it's run by idiots with no foresight. We will be haggling over fees and terms deep into the window and end up severely disadvantaged when City inevitably snatch Sanchez.
That's what is going to happen...there is no way in the world the club is going to eat the best part of 60m.

Been thinking about this and the only reason Wenger hung on to Sanchez is because of HIS ego. He cannot bear the thought that any player would want to get away from him. EVERYTHING needs to be done on his terms.

it's absolute crap that he feared the fans reaction if he sold him to City, Wenger couldn't give a fuck about what the fans think about anything.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

At least alexis turns up, Ozil is running down his contract from home

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

greengooner wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:22 pm
Yet no one has a go at Ozil but call Sanchez out for "playing for himself" etc. :roll:

Going to be interesting to see how club level sales go next summer, if we're not in the CL and lose Sanchez and Ozil what is our appeal?. :rubchin:

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

greengooner wrote:
I think the Ozil situation is hilarious. The amount of fucking twats on social media, who see him as some sort of footballing god, and will apportion blame to anyone and everyone, in order to defend him. I can't wait to see them squirm when he fucks off next summer.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:05 pm
greengooner wrote:
Yet no one has a go at Ozil but call Sanchez out for "playing for himself" etc. :roll:

Going to be interesting to see how club level sales go next summer, if we're not in the CL and lose Sanchez and Ozil what is our appeal?. :rubchin:
Alexis is playing for himself

Mind you - rather that than Ozil who is playing for nobody and couldn't give 2 fucks from one week to the next

Sean

Post by Sean »

Sanchez will leave for Citeh in January, sadly. Ozil will walk away for nothing next summer. Why would they waste any more time in their careers to play for TOF?

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Sean wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:19 pm
Sanchez will leave for Citeh in January, sadly. Ozil will walk away for nothing next summer. Why would they waste any more time in their careers to play for TOF?
I concur :( Oz-I'll would be aswell fucking off now imo,wage thief of the highest order..lazy fucker that he is.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Sean wrote:
Agree 100% Sean, and i know it's a touchy subject on here but how anyone can be angry with RVP, Cesc or Nasri for leaving, when they did? All have won PL titles, and would be stuck in the never ending top 4 cycle otherwise.

NickF

Post by NickF »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:14 pm
Sean wrote:
Agree 100% Sean, and i know it's a touchy subject on here but how anyone can be angry with RVP, Cesc or Nasri for leaving, when they did? All have won PL titles, and would be stuck in the never ending top 4 cycle otherwise.
:popcorn:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

I actually think that if RVP stayed that year and played in front of the younger and in from Cazorla with Giroud as a Sub + poldi
They Could have done some damage, I dont think anyone was up to much that year. and RVP had bagged a hat full of goals with Arteta as our playmaker

was a mini regret not seeing corzola and rvp play it might have been something good. but then Wenger would have no doubt done something to cause the wheels to come off like he has done for the last 10 years.

At the time I had no idea how good corzola was, and probably RvP had no clue either, he is still the best/second best player we have when fit imo.

General

Post by General »

falkirk goon wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:56 pm
Sean wrote:
I concur :( Oz-I'll would be aswell fucking off now imo,wage thief of the highest order..lazy fucker that he is.
The French ignoramus has never indulged another player more. Ramsey comes close but at least he puts in a shift even though he's a brainless footballer. There will be a culture shock for a lot of these players when a proper coach comes in and puts an end to the confort zone culture the despicable prick has created at this club.