Sanchez

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Re: Sanchez

Post by xisstential »

Skooner wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:06 am
In Wengers head he probably still thinks he can persuade him to stay!

At the start of the summer I was in favour of keeping him even if he didn't renew as I think he is just so important to the team, but given our transfer window was even more of a balls up than usual I changed my mind in August and felt we should have sold him as we will need bucket loads of cash next summer to stand still with all the out of contract players we'll have, plus the "illness and injury" excuses are already surfacing

Get the feeling we will actually be quite active in January, particularly if we do decide to move him on and we are languishing outside the top four (which seems very likely at this point).
Dream on.....Anyway, with the utter shitness of the other clubs around us, I no longer think we will be that far off the top 4..... and being pretty much out of the running for any other title come Jan/Feb Wenger's assault on top 4 will begin.And as usual there will be no need to strengthen the squad as we will have enough qualiteee to achieve that objective.

And as I posted elsewhere, Pep might not be so keen on Sanchez anymore anyway as the Jesus/Aguero partnership is so deadly at the moment. I believe Jose has also expressed interest in Sanchez now but that's probably just to wind Wenger up. I have no problem with that, none at all (winding Wenger up)
Last edited by xisstential on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:30 am
Skooner wrote:

At the start of the summer I was in favour of keeping him even if he didn't renew as I think he is just so important to the team, but given our transfer window was even more of a balls up than usual I changed my mind in August and felt we should have sold him as we will need bucket loads of cash next summer to stand still with all the out of contract players we'll have, plus the "illness and injury" excuses are already surfacing

Get the feeling we will actually be quite active in January, particularly if we do decide to move him on and we are languishing outside the top four (which seems very likely at this point).
Dream on.....

And as I posted elsewhere, Pep might not be so keen on Sanchez anymore as the Jesus/Aguero partnership is so deadly at the moment. I believe Jose has expressed interest in Sanchez now but that's probably just to wind Wenger up. I have no problem with that, none at all (winding Wenger up)
I do think that's true, although I still think that City will make an offer on Sanchez but it will be a lot lower than expected.
I'm sure Arsenal are relying a lot on the sale of Sanchez in Jan to make moves on new players like Lemar which I think Wenger said he will revisit at the end of the last window.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

JoshIM2150 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:39 am
xisstential wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:30 am
Skooner wrote:

Dream on.....

And as I posted elsewhere, Pep might not be so keen on Sanchez anymore as the Jesus/Aguero partnership is so deadly at the moment. I believe Jose has expressed interest in Sanchez now but that's probably just to wind Wenger up. I have no problem with that, none at all (winding Wenger up)
I do think that's true, although I still think that City will make an offer on Sanchez but it will be a lot lower than expected.
I'm sure Arsenal are relying a lot on the sale of Sanchez in Jan to make moves on new players like Lemar which I think Wenger said he will revisit at the end of the last window.
Lemar isn't coming, not now, not ever. He doesn't want to come to us, apparently the deal with his club was agreed, HE doesn't want to come. Sensible bloke.

shu

Post by shu »

i think he will go in Jan but it had better not to be Man Utd , surely not to that wanker of a manager.

They cannot afford to let him go for nothing and he might possibly be eligible for champs league.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:51 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:42 am
Um, lads... I'm pretty sure xisstential was being just a tad facetious when he wrote "Very ungrateful, considering Wenger made him the player he is today".

:lol:
You got it...somebody got it...I'm so happy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guys I was being sarcastic and not accusing any of you of that. I don't think even the most rabid AKB would make that claim .

Would they........ :roll: :wink: :roll:
Fuck me I'm amazed anyone thought otherwise.........and saying a tad facetious is a huge understatement I reckon!

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

I think the fuss over his attitude is largely a media created myth, every picture of him in training shows him smiling and getting on with the rest of the squad.

However as much as I think he will give his all for us on the pitch this season I think he has stopped investing so much emotionally while he is off it. His face during the match against the mickeys said that he knew we were going to be bumholed and he knows we're doomed to repeat the same mistakes season after season.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:11 pm
I think the fuss over his attitude is largely a media created myth, every picture of him in training shows him smiling and getting on with the rest of the squad.

However as much as I think he will give his all for us on the pitch this season I think he has stopped investing so much emotionally while he is off it. His face during the match against the mickeys said that he knew we were going to be bumholed and he knows we're doomed to repeat the same mistakes season after season.
Yep, you've nailed it....He is hugely competitive and he loves playing football and I think when he's on the field he will give it his all. I do not however believe that he is doing it for Wenger or Arsenal, nor do I think he believes we can win anything. Anything meaningful anyway.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Got a horrible feeling he will end up at Man Utd.. as expected Lacazette will turn out to be his 'replacement'.

I expect City and United and sometimes Chelsea to be the big 3 now for some time.

Zzzzzzz @ Arsenal and PL football in general.

In fact I say from now on, apart from the Leicester one-off those are the 3 teams that have hoovered up the PL each season since we last won it 13 years ago, so I am even more certain..

Ivan is right! :banghead: :censored: :cussing:

At least it confirms my decision to stop going to games and cut any spending as logical and correct I suppose, I pity those poor souls who turn up at the corporate bowl paying a king's ransom in the hope we can do a 'Leicester'. Jesus wept we are pathetic!.

:roll:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:51 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:42 am
Um, lads... I'm pretty sure xisstential was being just a tad facetious when he wrote "Very ungrateful, considering Wenger made him the player he is today".

:lol:
You got it...somebody got it...I'm so happy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guys I was being sarcastic and not accusing any of you of that. I don't think even the most rabid AKB would make that claim .

Would they........ :roll: :wink: :roll:
:shock: :shock: :shock: WoWza! How unusual for you to try to be sarcastic...well I never... :rubchin: :mrgreen: :wink:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Up to now our decline has been slow but by not selling ozil and sanchez we have left ourselves a 100 million hole to fill. we wont get much for either in jan as both will demand a monster sign on fee from their new club. they can sign a deal in jan and when they do they will simply stop playing for us.
we wont replace them and will fade to mid table.
wenger will leave the club in ruins.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Herd wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:48 am
Up to now our decline has been slow but by not selling ozil and sanchez we have left ourselves a 100 million hole to fill. we wont get much for either in jan as both will demand a monster sign on fee from their new club. they can sign a deal in jan and when they do they will simply stop playing for us.
we wont replace them and will fade to mid table.
wenger will leave the club in ruins.
It's not even the £100M or whatever, it's more that at least one or quite likely both will join 'rival' (haha) clubs, it looks like City or United for Sanchez and no one in Spain wants Ozil, so it will either be Germany or another PL club, in fact Ozil is being linked with United as well, they are already better than us and that's before we lose our two best players to them..

We are facing an Everton style 30 years in the wilderness thanks to the Arsene Stanley regime, I would rather set fire to my testicles than give those two a penny of my hard earned money.

:censored:

Herd

Post by Herd »

100m isn't whatever ,its money we wont get back and we cant invest in replacements.
I don't care who we sell to as we aren't competing with mufc/shitty n Chelsea anyway .
Anyone thinking we are going on a 200 million spending spree as john cross and other wenger sycophants told us at season ticket renewal time is as mad as tof.
We made a profit in this window ffs .
Every season I think there's going to be a reckoning but we always slip out of it but end season we could be royally screwed .
Devoid of any decent talent we will simply fade away for many years .

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Took a fair bit of abuse from the North Bank last night as he came over to take a corner,then when the final whistle went he just sauntered off while the other players milled around clapping,I dont think he even swapped a shirt with a Doncaster player,he'll be gone either january or before next season for sure

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

Not sure what he's done to deserve booing, then again if there's one thing our home crowd excels at its booing. Whether it's a former player or a badly stirred latte mocha

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:49 pm
Not sure what he's done to deserve booing, then again if there's one thing our home crowd excels at its booing. Whether it's a former player or a badly stirred latte mocha
But not at the manager, nor at the super qualiteee football.