WBA home thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Blade

Re: WBA home thread

Post by Blade »

Giroud has 99 goals in 235
Took van persie 236 games to score 99
Alan smith 239
Stapleton274
Bergkamp 288
Radford 304
This is a very interesting stat.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Blade wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:45 am
Giroud has 99 goals in 235
Took van persie 236 games to score 99
Alan smith 239
Stapleton274
Bergkamp 288
Radford 304
This is a very interesting stat.
Be very careful about using stats to compare players. There are so many variables. For example, Radford played at a time when defenders could kick lumps out of you, when pitches were like swamps and you could be lying with a broken leg by the corner flag and still considered offside. Le Lampost has also mainly played as the single striker whereas the others had strike partners.
Better to believe what you see week in, week out and trust your brain to interpret the evidence.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

arseofacrow wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:52 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:23 am
Wonder if I'll get a second email desperately trying to sell me tickets... :rubchin: :roll:
I've got some Cologne mates who might come back.

:barscarf: :rubchin: :wink:
You little liar you. :lol: :wink:

Neilers C

Post by Neilers C »

Won't be an easy game but it's important to be patient as they'll just park the bus and hope to hit us at set-plays.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

JoshIM2150 wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:04 am
I'm really hoping we can stack together some wins over our next few fixtures in the PL....

Prediction 2-0
Giroud's 100th goal incoming?
this is different - someone predicting a win AND hoping we win some matches :rubchin:

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:53 am
JoshIM2150 wrote:
I'm really hoping we can stack together some wins over our next few fixtures in the PL....

Prediction 2-0
this is different - someone predicting a win AND hoping we win some matches :rubchin:
Yea, about that...
Seems like everyone is in hell here haha

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

So.... Arsene's magical tactical nous - One of which is "Zonal Marking."

Pulis Uber Cunnt yes, but knows tactics one of which is "Set Pieces."

:rubchin: :rubchin: :rubchin:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

The run of great 'mental strength' continues.......Pulis never wins at our place, we rarely win at his.

A scrappy old 1-0

Thank fuck it isn't until after the weekend - wouldn't the temptation of watching it and ruining a nice couple of days

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

The game will be eclipse by Gareth Barry breaking the premier league appearance record. The result will be irrelevant.
Wilshere would do well to take a leaf out of Barry's book as that's the positional role Wenger has always wanted him to play in the Arsenal team.

NickF

Post by NickF »

JoshIM2150 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:58 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:53 am
JoshIM2150 wrote:

Prediction 2-0
Yea, about that...
Seems like everyone is in hell here haha
You're new to all this, wait until you've done 8-10 groundhog seasons and then you'll be a bitter as us. :-D

wilko49er

Post by wilko49er »

Pravda.com wont do TX for this game at the moment only ticket transfer. Feckin joke!! Dont allow selling of tickets, then you cant get rid of any officially. It will end up being "sold out" as usual though.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:50 am
The game will be eclipse by Gareth Barry breaking the premier league appearance record. The result will be irrelevant.
Wilshere would do well to take a leaf out of Barry's book as that's the positional role Wenger has always wanted him to play in the Arsenal team.
Yeah, I too think Wilshere should aim at being bog standard PL average on a good day. :lol:

Herd

Post by Herd »

Yeah, I too think Wilshere should aim at being bog standard PL average on a good day. :lol:
Wilshere can still make it but probably wont due to his injuries and his JTL attitude which hasn't been turned into positive energy .

He's still better than Ramsey though !

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:35 am
Wilshere can still make it but probably wont due to his injuries and his JTL attitude which hasn't been turned into positive energy .

He's still better than Ramsey though !
TBH I don't think he can still make it. He hasn't learnt at all that his style of play invites those tackles that injure him. He is certainly a very talented footballer and had great potential. A shame really.

And deffo better than Messi-Lite... 8)

Herd

Post by Herd »

TBH I don't think he can still make it. He hasn't learnt at all that his style of play invites those tackles that injure him. He is certainly a very talented footballer and had great potential. A shame really.

And deffo better than Messi-Lite... 8)
I concur ,this game will be poorly attended for sure !