Winning the PL

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
xisstential

Winning the PL

Post by xisstential »

Does anybody seriously think we can win it. Not just this season, any season?

I would bet my house on the fact that we will never ever win it again under Wenger, and I think even after he eventually fucks off, the damage has been done and it will still take many years. Really depressing :cry: :cry: :cry:

Do the AKB's actually hold out hope, or don't they really care?

DB10GOONER

Re: Winning the PL

Post by DB10GOONER »

Same as usual, if (when) this turns into a Wenger thread it'll be getting merged... :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Well not while wenger is manager :wink:

And not while kroenke is the owner.

OneBardGooner

Re: House Prices.

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:23 am
Same as usual, if (when) this turns into a Wenger thread it'll be getting merged... :wink:
Okay..so let's turn it into a thread about House Prices.

I wonder how much wenger's Gaff is worth? :rubchin: :D

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Why does it need to turn into a Wenger thread...can we win the PL?If we can't even be competitive what is the point of supporting Arsenal.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

:coffeespit:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:02 am
Does anybody seriously think we can win it. Not just this season, any season?

I would bet my house on the fact that we will never ever win it again under Wenger, and I think even after he eventually fucks off, the damage has been done and it will still take many years. Really depressing :cry: :cry: :cry:

Do the AKB's actually hold out hope, or don't they really care?
no chance to win it again with Wenger - most on here realise that

Kroenke has also stated that he is not here to win titles and so unless he fucks off too then it also wont happen

the AKBs are in a constant state if denial - they start each season with their shiny new season tickets, hoping for glory but never stop to think why it will never happen. meanwhile the football world moves on.

Arsenal are just a football dinosaur now, a once great giant of the game that has been left behind, a bit like Aston Villa, Newcastle and Sunderland

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The longer he stays at the helm, the longer it will take us to get back competing for leagues again. Simple as that.

We're getting weaker and thus further away each season, you'll have Alexis and Ozil strolling out the door next summer (if not before) and suddenly you're left with a bang average side a million miles off winning a league.

It will be 14 years next May, you can pretty much write the rest of this decade off as far as I'm concerned. Sad times.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

While Wenger is manager we will NEVER win another major trophy

augie

Re: House Prices.

Post by augie »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:14 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:23 am
Okay..so let's turn it into a thread about House Prices.

I wonder how much wenger's Gaff is worth? :rubchin: :D

Why ? Is he selling up ?? :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :wink:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:45 am
Well not while wenger is manager :wink:

And not while kroenke is the owner.
This.

:cussing:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:23 am
The longer he stays at the helm, the longer it will take us to get back competing for leagues again. Simple as that.

We're getting weaker and thus further away each season, you'll have Alexis and Ozil strolling out the door next summer (if not before) and suddenly you're left with a bang average side a million miles off winning a league.

It will be 14 years next May, you can pretty much write the rest of this decade off as far as I'm concerned. Sad times.

On a serious level, and leaving the French cock out of this for a minute, I agree with rodders when he says that it will be years before we will even challenge again :( You cannot overstate the negative impact it will have on the club when sanchez and ozil walk away on a FREE next summer - regardless of how ye view their performances/efforts these days, it cannot be questioned that both are world class talents and, even if we do have the money, there is no way that we will ever spend the type of cash needed to replace them. From an image point of view, top players will look on us as a club and manager that are totally incapable of keeping their top players. It is absolutely my belief that we will also lose at least 3 or 4 other players as well as sanchez and ozil (wilshere and mustafi for sure) and potential signings (and potential sponsors) will run a mile to get away from us.

Whoever takes over from wenker (be it next summer or the summer after) will have a massive, massive job to rebuild a club in a serious decline

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

augie wrote:
Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:20 pm
It is absolutely my belief that we will also lose at least 3 or 4 other players as well as sanchez and ozil (wilshere and mustafi for sure) and potential signings (and potential sponsors) will run a mile to get away from us.

Whoever takes over from wenker (be it next summer or the summer after) will have a massive, massive job to rebuild a club in a serious decline
The club are already hawking club level tickets for next season, the brochure only features two players - Lacazette and Welbeck. That's pretty bleak from a marketing perspective when you're trying to convince people to part with top dollar.

You talk about sponsors running a mile and you're bang on and the prawn sandwich brigade will soon follow - you won't get many willing to pay silly money to watch a substandard product with no superstar players. We're on the slide.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Never mind Club Level, season tickets will not be renewed and as for the ST waiting list they won't be able to give them away....
Which perversely floats my fucking boat they can stay as long as they want but "The Product is Fucked"....

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

It is Only when the Finances start to be noticeably adversely affected that anyone at the club will even begin to take notice of how seriously BAD things are, and by then it will be too feckin' late.

Anyone with any say at the club is fiddling while it burns to the (competitive and financial) ground.

From a Footballing perspective it will all be smoke and ashes, but that CUNTofCUNTS wenker will walk away smirking all the way to the private island the cuntofcunts will most likely buy.

:cussing: