brighton game thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: brighton game thread

Post by DB10GOONER »

LaughingGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:21 pm
Racist sniping here against our manager and players is never condemned or censored. Seems it's par for the course for many here.
Things are far from perfect but anyone claiming the club is the same position than in the 80s is simply deluded.

Many here were praising Koeman this time last year. Thank god we didn't replace Wenger with him, as many were calling for.
I'm not having that horseshit. Point out any racist comment where us mods have not spoken to the poster. We do not accept or condone racism on here. We have banned racists. I think your problem is you do not understand what racism actually is.

Your Koeman comment is typically stupid. A couple of people wanted him, most on here did not, and said so. Why don't you try posting something factual for a change instead of these stupid generalisations and misinformed comments? :roll:

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

Missed about 40 mins of the game as we had trouble with our usual parking space :banghead: :banghead: Watched the rest of the first half on the screens while eating an overpriced hotdog.

From the second half;
Sanchez was on another level. One man army for us that game.
Xhaka looked slightly better with his defensive duties. He seems to be running a lot too which is an improvement. He still did have some poor short passes though.
Ramsey looked okay. He did have a few chances on the break but he messed up a simple pass to his teammates which were very annoying.
Iwobi look decent too. He's lacking a lot of confidence though. I saw him second guess himself on a few runs too.
Lacazette really didn't look up for it.....

Overall, easy 3 points in the bag onto the next :redwhite:

Clash

Post by Clash »

StuartL wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:26 pm

At one point we even had "Allez les rouges" being flashed up on the jumbotrons when we had corners :roll:
( back in the day when the crowd urged "come on you reds, come on you reds" )
Oh yes, well remembered Stuart. I'd actually forgotten that but its a classic example.

Might have only been meant as a bit of fun at the time but it was planting a seed.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

JoshIM2150 wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:50 am
Edit: Uh double post? My bad. How do I delete this thing
It happens from time to time. I'll delete it. :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Haven't seen the game, decided to decorate, tbf I've hardly watched any of our games apart from the brilliant effort against lpool where our warriors fought to their very last breath, that was enough for me and I'm really not missing it.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:16 am
Haven't seen the game, decided to decorate, tbf I've hardly watched any of our games apart from the brilliant effort against lpool where our warriors fought to their very last breath, that was enough for me and I'm really not missing it.
you are lucky.
watching paint dry would be more exciting than watching the game yesterday :D

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:43 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:16 am
you are lucky.
watching paint dry would be more exciting than watching the game yesterday :D
:lol:

That good ay, glad I missed it :D

Sean

Post by Sean »

Another flat truck bully win to start up all the VT shit in the media again :lol:

I would have watched this one with my Brighton supporter friend, but he didn't get in touch, so I didn't bother watching as per my 'no league games' policy.