brighton game thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: brighton game thread

Post by SteveO 35 »

LaughingGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:11 pm
ha, ha you have just to have to laugh at the bitterness and hate on this site.
Just dying for us to lose so can you can come on here and write more racist shite against our manager.

Another solid performance. The majority of fans are happy but the pathetic vocal minority just love to moan and bitch.
Makes me wonder what the mood would have been if you lot were around in the 80s when the club really was in a mess and going nowhere.
Most of us were - perhaps if you read the posts a little less selectively you might get the picture.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

LaughingGooner wrote:
Just dying for us to lose so can you can come on here and write more racist shite against our manager.

Another solid performance. The majority of fans are happy but the pathetic vocal minority just love to moan and bitch.
Makes me wonder what the mood would have been if you lot were around in the 80s when the club really was in a mess and going nowhere.
When things weren't going right Neill got sacked and so did Howe.

What is racist about calling someone French. The wanker is French and he is a cuunt.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Peeman wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:32 pm
LaughingGooner wrote:

What is racist about calling someone French. The wanker is French and he is a cuunt.
We were third in the league when Howe got sacked. These days you get a 2 year extension and £8.5m per year, plus £100m to spunk on random dross like Mustafi, Xhaka, Joe L'Average, Elneny, Chambers, Debuchy, Cech etc

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Clash wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:55 pm
Take that Watford !!!

:barscarf:
Absolutely :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

And with them coming up next we've got a chance to put 4 points between us and our modern day North London rivals

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Peeman wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:32 pm
LaughingGooner wrote:

absolutely pathetic labelling everything racist....what a mentality ?
words have to be used in context....

markyp

Post by markyp »

LaughingGooner wrote:

you absolute fucktard,back in the 80's although average at times the club never stopped looking for a solution unlike today where it just sits happy with the status quo,might I remind you neill and howe were both sacked for dishing up the kind of mind numbing shit we endure from wengers 'beautiful passing football' which is backwards and sideways at a snails pace,your comments just prove how retarted so many modern Arsenal supporters are that they cant see the club is stagnated and think a win over brighton is title contention stuff,the win yes is great but it was like so many of our wins by luck rather than judgement,brighton like cologne and bate had enough chances to see us off but you just carry on in your wenger wonderland like everything in the garden is rosy,pffft

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

LaughingGooner wrote:

As per usual, you come on here sniping with no thought process other than to defend Wenger. I'm happy we won today,but if you can't see the problems with certain personnel or the clear defensive problems, then your beyond deluded. Also, can you and other AKB'S please stop with this pathetic "We have had it much worse than this" excuse. The club is going no where at the moment, we are out of the CL, and our only world class player is on his way out the door. If you think fans should jump for joy, after we beat a newly promoted side, then i'm sorry but we don't all have such low ambitions as you do.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Don't feed the troll - probably a Chelski fan who turned up post 2003.. :roll:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

First time in history that the emirates crowd produced a better atmosphere than the Nou Camp at the moment :wink:

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

Racist sniping here against our manager and players is never condemned or censored. Seems it's par for the course for many here.
Things are far from perfect but anyone claiming the club is the same position than in the 80s is simply deluded.

Many here were praising Koeman this time last year. Thank god we didn't replace Wenger with him, as many were calling for.

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

Racist sniping here against our manager and players is never condemned or censored. Seems it's par for the course for many here.
Things are far from perfect but anyone claiming the club is the same position than in the 80s is simply deluded.

Many here were praising Koeman this time last year. Thank god we didn't replace Wenger with him, as many were calling for.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

LaughingGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:21 pm

In case your memory has failed you the 80s started with an FA Cup Final appearance and a UEFA Cup final appearance, before some mediocre years in an era when Liverpool dominated and you needed to win the league to actually get into the European Cup. If the same qualification criteria applied here we'd be 13 years without "Champions League" football. Howe got sacked when we were 3rd - remember that bit clearly or forgotten it? In the period up until we got banned from Europe thanks to those fuckwits from Liverpool we were always on the verge of UEFA qualification, a bit like now.

In the late 80s we won the League Cup, reached another final and won the League. If we ended this decade in the same fashion I'd be bloody amazed.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Football was a totally different game 30 years ago, I don't see how it is relevant to make comparisons with the past, fact is we have a manager who is past his best and an owner who only cares about profit and all his teams are average at best.

Beating Brighton at home hardly goes a long way to changing any of that.

Still I don't want to be accused of being negative so "good win".

:roll:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

LaughingGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:21 pm

Koeman has made exactly the same mistake Wenger has...he never replaced Lukaka...Wenger never replaced Viera.

Fortunately we have always had the pulling power to attract enough class players to get us into the Top 4. Those days are over... we are heading downhill, you would be a madman not to be able to see it. Wenger and his team are in their flat track bully period. The trouble is coming in November and December.......

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

We've had 4 piss easy home games against teams placed 14th and lower, all of whom will be fighting relegation this season. The best of those 4 made us look like the clowns we are at the back before we scraped home 4-3

We've had 3 tough away games (well most big teams don't see Stoke that way anymore so I'm being generous), have picked up 1 point and failed to score a single goal

If that's enough for some who think we're in far better shape this season then so be it. To my mind it tells me everything I've known about Wenger and his teams of the past decade. Flat track bullies with lots of flicks and tricks, flattering to deceive in early season but never laying a glove on the decent teams