THE Arsenal vs scum Sat NOV 18th 2017 @ 12:30pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: THE Arsenal vs scum Sat NOV 18th 2017 @ 12:30pm

Post by General »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:16 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:05 pm
i thought that our away form against the top clubs was bad.
then I came across this stat :D

Spurs have now won just four of their last 87 away games against Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool :lol: :lol: :lol:
Says it all Rob. They are not the club we should be judging ourselves against
If we could apply the Gazidis financial metric to Spurs, they are massively over performing.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

General wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:07 am
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:00 pm
Midz wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:18 pm
I never expected that!! well done Arsenal :barscarf: :barscarf:
This^
Had a fucking great day despite the rain! Rammed in the Away Supporters Club,and The Auld Triangle post match. :barscarf:
Have you two been hiding under a rock? We've shown time and time again that we can occasionally pull out these cup final performances so the result should not be surprising. Our ability to go on a sustained run and mount a serious title challenge has always been the question under Wenger.
I agree with all that mate,but it's still great when we beat the scum. :barscarf:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Gunner Rob wrote:

Spurs have now won just four of their last 87 away games against Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool :lol: :lol: :lol:
One away win in league at our place since 1993....even then we played reserves before the cup final.

And they call us bottle jobs !

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:58 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

One away win in league at our place since 1993....even then we played reserves before the cup final.

We are bottle jobs, our results against the top sides away are horrific....we have fallen into the trap of comparing ourselves to a little club....it's irrelevant. We might loathe them, but they are actually shite under any sort of pressure and I don't think will win anything again this season and their team will probably break up next season or the one after. They play some terrific football at times, but fall apart when it really matters....

We should be measuring ourselves against big clubs, title winning clubs, that is what really puts our results into perspective. The bar is getting lower & lower at AFC and is just blithely accepted.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

I'd rather compare us to Man Utd - since 1993 = 13 League Titles; 2 Champions Leagues; 1 Europa League and a few other baubles.

Or Chelsea = 5 League titles; 1 Champions League; 1 Europa League

Or Barcelona = Numerous domestic titles; 4 Champions Leagues; 4 European Super Cups; 3 FIFA Club World Cups

Or Real Madrid = Numerous domestic titles; 6 Champions Leagues; 4 FIFA Club World Cups; 4 European Super Cups

Those are the teams we should be comparing ourselves to, not Spurs.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:21 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:58 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

We are bottle jobs, our results against the top sides away are horrific....we have fallen into the trap of comparing ourselves to a little club....it's irrelevant. We might loathe them, but they are actually shite under any sort of pressure and I don't think will win anything again this season and their team will probably break up next season or the one after. They play some terrific football at times, but fall apart when it really matters....

We should be measuring ourselves against big clubs, title winning clubs, that is what really puts our results into perspective. The bar is getting lower & lower at AFC and is just blithely accepted.
I think you misunderstand me. I'm not defending our record in the slightest. Its woeful and we're renowned for being game bottlers. Just find it ironic taking that accusation from a team with an even fucking worse record than ours.

I've long since resigned myself to the fact we won't finish higher than 6th, which is the new normal for us. I don't compare us to the big clubs any more simply because our owner and manager refuse to compete with them.....so I've saved myself the bother, the expense and the care of comparing us to them. Its why I don't go to games or spend a penny on the club

General

Post by General »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:02 pm
General wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:07 am
Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:00 pm
Midz wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:18 pm
I never expected that!! well done Arsenal :barscarf: :barscarf:
This^
Had a fucking great day despite the rain! Rammed in the Away Supporters Club,and The Auld Triangle post match. :barscarf:
Have you two been hiding under a rock? We've shown time and time again that we can occasionally pull out these cup final performances so the result should not be surprising. Our ability to go on a sustained run and mount a serious title challenge has always been the question under Wenger.
I agree with all that mate,but it's still great when we beat the scum. :barscarf:
Well for me, it's like being served your favourite food at a restaurant known for food poisoning. I just can't enjoy it knowing illness is around the corner. Head chef is still around after 21years mind.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:43 pm
I'd rather compare us to Man Utd - since 1993 = 13 League Titles; 2 Champions Leagues; 1 Europa League and a few other baubles.

Or Barcelona = Numerous domestic titles; 4 Champions Leagues; 4 European Super Cups; 3 FIFA Club World Cups

Or Real Madrid = Numerous domestic titles; 6 Champions Leagues; 4 FIFA Club World Cups; 4 European Super Cups

When we have an owner and management team that are as ambitious as all of those clubs, I'll start comparing us to them and going to games again. While we have a compete c.unt at the helm, employing equally unambitious c.unts I'll keep comparing us to Watford and Burnley - our main rivals for a Europa League Thursday Night Wet Dream Cup spot !

Jumpers For Goalposts

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:12 pm

When we have an owner and management team that are as ambitious as all of those clubs, I'll start comparing us to them and going to games again. While we have a compete c.unt at the helm, employing equally unambitious c.unts I'll keep comparing us to Watford and Burnley - our main rivals for a Europa League Thursday Night Wet Dream Cup spot !
I agree with everything you've said but nothing will change all the while Gooners passively accept the crap that's served up to us.

We're only going to get an ambitious owner and manager when we drive out the unambitious bastards that are stinking the place out currently. Our protests last season shocked those unambitious bastards because they really didn't think we'd do it.

If we do it again, this time in larger numbers, we can effect change. The longer we leave it, the more difficult it will be for whoever takes that challenge on.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:45 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:12 pm

I agree with everything you've said but nothing will change all the while Gooners passively accept the crap that's served up to us.

We're only going to get an ambitious owner and manager when we drive out the unambitious bastards that are stinking the place out currently. Our protests last season shocked those unambitious bastards because they really didn't think we'd do it.

If we do it again, this time in larger numbers, we can effect change. The longer we leave it, the more difficult it will be for whoever takes that challenge on.
Bring on the mass boycott - 15000 or less in that stinking hole for a big game would say it all. Sadly not going to happen

Jumpers For Goalposts

I agree that a mass boycott is unlikely, but protest marches of 5 - 10,000 could be achieved and it would probably have more effect, due to the huge media coverage it would get.

It's like a terrace chant. It can cover the whole ground, even though it starts with only one person. But it will only grow if people join in.

We've just got to stop being so defeatist. Wenger would be very vulnerable if the protests started again in larger numbers.

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

A bit late to the thread but I did manage to go to the game and it was immense. Great atmosphere and a great performance by the team.

Kos and Mustafi were solid in the back
Front three were great
Ramsey and Xhaka were neither good or bad but did stick to the game plan. We did lose some chances cos of their lack of vision too.

Hopefully, this carries on through the rest of the season(Praying that we don't see the typical arsenal and lose 0-2 to Burnley).

NickF

Post by NickF »

JoshIM2150 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:34 am

Hopefully, this carries on through the rest of the season(Praying that we don't see the typical arsenal and lose 0-2 to Burnley).
You really are new to this Arsenal supporting aren't you? :lol:

We have already lost 4 games this season and have no chance of winning the league yet you still hope we can "carry on through the rest of the season" despite the evidence from the last 13 seasons and even this one.

That is why we are in this mess because people believe after every good win mean we are going to turn the corner but it will never happen.

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

NickF wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:15 am
JoshIM2150 wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:34 am

You really are new to this Arsenal supporting aren't you? :lol:

We have already lost 4 games this season and have no chance of winning the league yet you still hope we can "carry on through the rest of the season" despite the evidence from the last 13 seasons and even this one.

That is why we are in this mess because people believe after every good win mean we are going to turn the corner but it will never happen.
Yea, I understand this. In the short time of fully supporting AFC I've seen it many a time, but one can only hope!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Our **worst side in 10 years now above their best side in almost 60 years! Oh Noes!! Are tottinghams now not the new Barca? :shock:

:lol: :barscarf: :lol:

** Ok slight exageration, our shower of shite around 2009 - 20012 were fucking worse. :roll: :lol: