THE Arsenal vs scum Sat NOV 18th 2017 @ 12:30pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
supergeorgegraham

Re: THE Arsenal vs scum Sat NOV 18th 2017 @ 12:30pm

Post by supergeorgegraham »

In the days leading up to this game there were a few very strange comments made in the media regarding a power shift.
Best of all was Tony Cascerino who said that Spurs should sign Alexis Sanchez from us. I almost choked when I read it. I have no issue with this 80s footballer he actually used to live close to my Nan.
Firstly he is assuming that our best player would want to join a team who have won nothing for years. Secondly he thinks that Spurs will suddenly pay £350,000 a week while the rest of the squad are on much lower wages than our players.
Thirdly it appears that finishing above Arsenal once in 20 years suddenly makes them a bigger club and that does not include the Graham era when we won something nearly every season.
It's kind of like saying Leicester are bigger than United because they have won the title in the last 3 seasons.
I thought the whole buildup was weird.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:09 am
In the days leading up to this game there were a few very strange comments made in the media regarding a power shift.
Best of all was Tony Cascerino who said that Spurs should sign Alexis Sanchez from us. I almost choked when I read it. I have no issue with this 80s footballer he actually used to live close to my Nan.
Firstly he is assuming that our best player would want to join a team who have won nothing for years. Secondly he thinks that Spurs will suddenly pay £350,000 a week while the rest of the squad are on much lower wages than our players.
Thirdly it appears that finishing above Arsenal once in 20 years suddenly makes them a bigger club and that does not include the Graham era when we won something nearly every season.
It's kind of like saying Leicester are bigger than United because they have won the title in the last 3 seasons.
I thought the whole buildup was weird.

:shock:

Wow! That's a coincidence because apparently he likes Nan Bread. :? :wink:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

How you tried Nan bread with garlic it's the future