THE Arsenal vs scum Sat NOV 18th 2017 @ 12:30pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
SteveO 35

Re: THE Arsenal vs scum Sat NOV 18th 2017 @ 12:30pm

Post by SteveO 35 »

Been sick as a dog with flu for the past few days and was all I could do to drag myself out of bed to watch the game. The perfect tonic - nothing tops beating these c.unts especially when its in their once every 20 years "glory period". Seeing old Fat Tongue and ^^ The Permanently Surprised Man get carted off to cap their humiliation made it even better.

Can't fault, and won't try to fault, anyone's performance in the game. If Mustafi and Ramsey could play half as good as that every week we'd actually have the spine of a team and it proves to me that it can be done when they really decide to turn up for it.

Give TOF some credit this week - we'd have fucking slaughtered him if that over attacking line up had failed.......albeit Spurs playing without a proper holder made it much more effective. Hope he doesn't think we can play that way when we roll up at the Bridge or Old Trafford.

Well done to the manager and the team - doesn't change the bigger picture but it certainly cheered this sick boy up! FOYS - you'll always be shit

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:30 pm
Been sick as a dog with flu for the past few days and was all I could do to drag myself out of bed to watch the game. The perfect tonic - nothing tops beating these c.unts especially when its in their once every 20 years "glory period". Seeing old Fat Tongue and ^^ The Permanently Surprised Man get carted off to cap their humiliation made it even better.

Can't fault, and won't try to fault, anyone's performance in the game. If Mustafi and Ramsey could play half as good as that every week we'd actually have the spine of a team and it proves to me that it can be done when they really decide to turn up for it.

Give TOF some credit this week - we'd have fucking slaughtered him if that over attacking line up had failed.......albeit Spurs playing without a proper holder made it much more effective. Hope he doesn't think we can play that way when we roll up at the Bridge or Old Trafford.

Well done to the manager and the team - doesn't change the bigger picture but it certainly cheered this sick boy up! FOYS - you'll always be shit

Ramsey & Xhaka were absolutely awful....the only time Ramsey has been half decent the entire season was at the chavs. And tbh the only time one notices Xhaka is when he is giving the ball away or committing a reckless challenge.

I wonder if this is going to follow the same path after the euphoric last minute victory over Leicester.... pulled within 2 points of them, 3 weeks later we were 11 points adrift.

As Henry said on Saturday, we never maintain this kind of tempo, we do it one game in 7 or 8 then drop away again. That is why we cannot win the league.

Time will tell.....
Last edited by xisstential on Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Great result great performance thought Ozil was excellent

the scum were below the standard they normally are and it was beautful :lol:

Up the Gunners - Wenger out

General

Post by General »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:00 pm
Midz wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:18 pm
I never expected that!! well done Arsenal :barscarf: :barscarf:
This^
Had a fucking great day despite the rain! Rammed in the Away Supporters Club,and The Auld Triangle post match. :barscarf:
Have you two been hiding under a rock? We've shown time and time again that we can occasionally pull out these cup final performances so the result should not be surprising. Our ability to go on a sustained run and mount a serious title challenge has always been the question under Wenger.

Clash

Post by Clash »

As I suspected ... get rid of Steve Rowley and the performances and results will follow :barscarf: ...

A very enjoyable game and I loved seeing the away end almost empty at the end :D

I am not at all surprised by this result or how the game went to be honest. We know we can do that sometimes ... and Spurs will ALWAYS have that inferiority complex against us when they come to our ground. That's why I am not worried about them long-term. Pochetino (sp? who gives a fuck) and a few of their better players will leave when he come to realise there is a limit to what he can achieve there. Spurs will hold him back

We have the opposite problem. There is a limit to what we can achieve with our manager because Wenger is holding us back.

No manager would get that level of performance every week but there are plenty that would get it on a regular basis. And that would be enough to mount a serious title challenge. Wenger has shown he is not one of those other managers. Those other managers would also have better players in the team than we've got too. A midfield duo of Ramsey and Xhaka is not acceptable for a club with our resources.

Wenger used the word 'focussed' . That is exactly what we are not under his management. Enjoy Saturday as a one-off game but remember the club is not ''focussed'' on winning the title and they wont win it again this season.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Clash wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:14 am
As I suspected ... get rid of Steve Rowley and the performances and results will follow :barscarf: ...

A very enjoyable game and I loved seeing the away end almost empty at the end :D

I am not at all surprised by this result or how the game went to be honest. We know we can do that sometimes ... and Spurs will ALWAYS have that inferiority complex against us when they come to our ground. That's why I am not worried about them long-term. Pochetino (sp? who gives a fuck) and a few of their better players will leave when he come to realise there is a limit to what he can achieve there. Spurs will hold him back

We have the opposite problem. There is a limit to what we can achieve with our manager because Wenger is holding us back.

No manager would get that level of performance every week but there are plenty that would get it on a regular basis. And that would be enough to mount a serious title challenge. Wenger has shown he is not one of those other managers. Those other managers would also have better players in the team than we've got too. A midfield duo of Ramsey and Xhaka is not acceptable for a club with our resources.

Wenger used the word 'focussed' . That is exactly what we are not under his management. Enjoy Saturday as a one-off game but remember the club is not ''focussed'' on winning the title and they wont win it again this season.
We won't win it again under Wenger...I said it 5 years ago and I believe it now more than ever.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

:spudsvafc:

U'll always be shit :barscarf: :barscarf:

:spudsvafc:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:14 pm
Joking aside, biggest game today is the NLD, and MOTD start with manure and Newcastle,not a sign of our game
I recorded it mac and we were on first or was that hungover still :? :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:05 am
wibble wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:33 am
mcdowell42 wrote:
Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:14 pm
Joking aside, biggest game today is the NLD, and MOTD start with manure and Newcastle,not a sign of our game
Think you must have turned on late, we were on first!
:barscarf:
Martin Samuel on The Sunday Supplement accused MOTD of making the game look even when in reality it never was...
Didn't see Sunday supplement but watched motd and that is how I saw it, the first chance they showed was fat tongues but we had 2 before that, cunnts :roll:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

flash gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:19 am

There is obviously a huge amount of Gooners that are really made up with the victory over Spurs. As a one- off it was a great performance and a great day. But that's all Wenger can give us these days - a great one-off performance and the occasional great day. That intensity will disappear over the next few weeks and we'll coast along somewhere near 4th place, as we have done for about 10 years now.

If so many people enjoyed Saturday that much, why aren't those people out protesting to get rid of Wenger?? If we had a manager like Guardiola, Simeone, Allegri or Conte then we could be enjoying these one-off performances every week.

Surely performances like Saturday and the FA Cup final demonstrate that Wenger cannot get the best out of his players on a regular basis. It's time to stop revelling in the occasional one-off, get rid of Wenger and get someone in that can restore our pride.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fantastic result and a well deserved win. I'm not having any of that "the scum were poor" shit. The scum were made to look poor because for once our lot went at them, pressured them, and forced them onto the back foot. We outplayed them and and outfought them. It's an indicator of where the PL really is in terms of quality that all of the "top 6" sides are beatable if you put them on the back foot early enough, but will usually win if given the room to play. It's become an attackers league with very very few decent defensive units.

Xhaka and Ramsey were both good in spells, better than either have been most of the season. They were better set up and at least seemed capable of getting organised and being a bit more disciplined, so that if one stepped up to pressure the vermin the other tucked in to cover the back 4. Still, both had a few clangers....

MOTM from Ozil, who was superb, but of course the same people that tell you he never turns up against "the top sides" will now tell you the scum aren't a top side, even though those same people spent all last week predicting the scum would wipe the floor with us because they are now sooooo much better than us. :roll: :oops:

Sanchez, Ozil and Lacazette, if coached properly by a top manager, could be the basis of a superb side. Lacazette is not a top striker by any means, he is a yard short in pace and doesn't have that explosive burst to go off the oppo shoulder, but otherwise his movement off the ball is very clever and effective and he creates space for the likes of Sanchez. If we had a real top 20+ PL goals a season striker in there with Ozil and Sanchez, Ozil would be once again setting assist records. His "chances created" stats are still top of the PL - only matched by De Bruyne. Sanchez was superb too, fought all day long and was constantly pressuring their defenders.

Special mention for Kos and Mustafi who were both brilliant, especially Mustafi. That diving block to stop Fat Tongue scoring a cert was proper old school defending. 8)

Overall a great performance and a great win and THAT is all that matters in the short term. So my advice is just fucking enjoy it for what it is. No one is saying everything is fine now and we all support Wenger ffs. But if you cannot take any joy from outclassing and beating the scum then seriously you have issues. :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:05 am
flash gunner wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:19 am

There is obviously a huge amount of Gooners that are really made up with the victory over Spurs. As a one- off it was a great performance and a great day. But that's all Wenger can give us these days - a great one-off performance and the occasional great day. That intensity will disappear over the next few weeks and we'll coast along somewhere near 4th place, as we have done for about 10 years now.

If so many people enjoyed Saturday that much, why aren't those people out protesting to get rid of Wenger?? If we had a manager like Guardiola, Simeone, Allegri or Conte then we could be enjoying these one-off performances every week.

Surely performances like Saturday and the FA Cup final demonstrate that Wenger cannot get the best out of his players on a regular basis. It's time to stop revelling in the occasional one-off, get rid of Wenger and get someone in that can restore our pride.
this is the point!
but we won't because the ambition at the club is just not there.

Jumpers For Goalposts

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:17 am
Fantastic result and a well deserved win. I'm not having any of that "the scum were poor" shit. The scum were made to look poor because for once our lot went at them, pressured them, and forced them onto the back foot. We outplayed them and and outfought them. It's an indicator of where the PL really is in terms of quality that all of the "top 6" sides are beatable if you put them on the back foot early enough, but will usually win if given the room to play. It's become an attackers league with very very few decent defensive units.

Xhaka and Ramsey were both good in spells, better than either have been most of the season. They were better set up and at least seemed capable of getting organised and being a bit more disciplined, so that if one stepped up to pressure the vermin the other tucked in to cover the back 4. Still, both had a few clangers....

MOTM from Ozil, who was superb, but of course the same people that tell you he never turns up against "the top sides" will now tell you the scum aren't a top side, even though those same people spent all last week predicting the scum would wipe the floor with us because they are now sooooo much better than us. :roll: :oops:

Sanchez, Ozil and Lacazette, if coached properly by a top manager, could be the basis of a superb side. Lacazette is not a top striker by any means, he is a yard short in pace and doesn't have that explosive burst to go off the oppo shoulder, but otherwise his movement off the ball is very clever and effective and he creates space for the likes of Sanchez. If we had a real top 20+ PL goals a season striker in there with Ozil and Sanchez, Ozil would be once again setting assist records. His "chances created" stats are still top of the PL - only matched by De Bruyne. Sanchez was superb too, fought all day long and was constantly pressuring their defenders.

Special mention for Kos and Mustafi who were both brilliant, especially Mustafi. That diving block to stop Fat Tongue scoring a cert was proper old school defending. 8)

Overall a great performance and a great win and THAT is all that matters in the short term. So my advice is just fucking enjoy it for what it is. No one is saying everything is fine now and we all support Wenger ffs. But if you cannot take any joy from outclassing and beating the scum then seriously you have issues. :roll:
Yes it was a good, intense performance and several of our lazy wastrels fought hard. But no, I can't take any joy from beating Spurs these days, because it will be followed up with a horror show as the manager and players revert to type. All Saturday meant for me ( and many, many others ) is 3 points towards our Europa League finish and a few months breathing space for Wenger.

We're in real danger of turning into the team that so many Gooners hate. For years we've mocked Spurs for obsessing about us and glorying in the occasional victory. That is what Wenger is turning us into and we should all be focussed on just one thing - getting him out of our Club.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i thought that our away form against the top clubs was bad.
then I came across this stat :D

Spurs have now won just four of their last 87 away games against Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:05 pm
i thought that our away form against the top clubs was bad.
then I came across this stat :D

Spurs have now won just four of their last 87 away games against Manchester United, Arsenal and Liverpool :lol: :lol: :lol:
Says it all Rob. They are not the club we should be judging ourselves against