watford away thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

Re: watford away thread

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:25 am
Graham Poll said it was a dive, that’s good enough for me!
The commentator on match of the day said it was a dive and trust me had that happened against lpool then Murphy would have declared it also.

I always record match of the day and watch it Sunday morning so I can skip thought the tedious so called experts opinions which are 90% of the time Just sheet bias.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:33 am
Eboue-Why? wrote:
The commentator on match of the day said it was a dive and trust me had that happened against lpool then Murphy would have declared it also.

I always record match of the day and watch it Sunday morning so I can skip thought the tedious so called experts opinions which are 90% of the time Just sheet bias.
Murphy seems to have a hatred towards Arsenal..Remember him before and during the 2015 Cup Final....think he was the only pundit who said Village would win..

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:39 am
Eboue-Why? wrote:

Murphy seems to have a hatred towards Arsenal..Remember him before and during the 2015 Cup Final....think he was the only pundit who said Village would win..
Murphy, Danny Mills...Lineker.....they all hate the Arsenal

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

On a lighter note we have years of this shit ahead of us until Old Stupid Bollocks Arsene Wenger decides he no longer wishes to own Arsenal FC. Probably (if we are lucky) around May 2025... :roll:

yip-fucking-ee. :suicide:

#osbaw

#may2025

#fuckfootball

:censored:

General

Post by General »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:48 am
Is it correct that Danny Murphy is on that panel that adjudicates on potential diving situations..? Is it also true that Danny Murphy declared it not a dive on MOTD on Saturday ? Didn't see MOTD..If both are true then there surely is a conflict of interest and it has to be wrong that a member of said panel can express an opinion before the panel meets..
Murphy is an idiot. Something about Beeb with their one idiot in one idiot out policy. They get rid of Alan Hansen and recruit the next best clown.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

If that was a penalty than iwobi should've got one in the first half, which wasn't shown on motd but described on the r5l commentary by former curbcrawler pleat as a challenge that he has "seen been given before" as a foul.
Had Ozil scored he would've be given offside so the fact he missed makes us feel less aggrieved. Why are we surprised? Watford have beaten us 3 seasons on the bounce. Our record against them is shocking.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:03 pm
If that was a penalty than iwobi should've got one in the first half, which wasn't shown on motd but described on the r5l commentary by former curbcrawler pleat as a challenge that he has "seen been given before" as a foul.
Had Ozil scored he would've be given offside so the fact he missed makes us feel less aggrieved. Why are we surprised? Watford have beaten us 3 seasons on the bounce. Our record against them is shocking.
I accept Ozil was offside and so it lessens the disappointment of his miss, but I find it worrying that he cannot seem to beat keepers at all when one on one with them. That's about the 5th or 6th time (at least) he's fluffed a one on one since the second half of last season. I know it's not really his role to be in there and clinically finishing on a regular basis, but still he's a top player and should be able to score from most of those chances. Does Wenger have any of them practice finishing I wonder? Confidence in front of goal is like memory muscle, you practice and hone the ability so it becomes second nature. Probably a bit too crude for Arsene, he would like to squeeze at least another 15 passes out of the move and then maybe a tap in. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Redarmy wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:54 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:39 am
Eboue-Why? wrote:

Murphy, Danny Mills...Lineker.....they all hate the Arsenal
They are also all thick as shite.

Clash

Post by Clash »

I'm told that post match, Keown was laying in Ozil as usual and highlighting his lack of ruthlessness. Far easier to target a player he didnt play with if it helps deflect the blame from the manager. Criticising Ozil wont harm Keown's chances of having a job at the club in future.

Strange how Keown's fondness for being ruthless doesnt extend to disposing of a manager who hasnt challenged for a title in 13 years :roll:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Clash wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:55 am
I'm told that post match, Keown was laying in Ozil as usual and highlighting his lack of ruthlessness. Far easier to target a player he didnt play with if it helps deflect the blame from the manager. Criticising Ozil wont harm Keown's chances of having a job at the club in future.

Strange how Keown's fondness for being ruthless doesnt extend to disposing of a manager who hasnt challenged for a title in 13 years :roll:
Keown's a *word censored*
Wenger's a *word censored*
Ozil's a disinterested bollocks who, if he had any self respect, could take it upon himself to improve those parts of his game that should be better. Irrespective of the *word censored* in charge.

They's all c :censored: ts :barscarf:

herbert

Post by herbert »

What a wasted saturday evening that was :shock:
The team were shite .Wenger was shite
no Ramsey or Sanchez?
no Jack early in the second half or even the well rehearsed 70th min?
Iwobu and Bellerin :banghead:
Took me a few days to recover and forgive them all but a repeat performance at Everton on sunday and I might get my banner out
:lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

herbert wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:16 pm
What a wasted saturday evening that was :shock:
The team were shite .Wenger was shite
no Ramsey or Sanchez?
no Jack early in the second half or even the well rehearsed 70th min?
Iwobu and Bellerin :banghead:
Took me a few days to recover and forgive them all but a repeat performance at Everton on sunday and I might get my banner out

Get your banner out Herbert. Everton need a big win and there is no better team to welcome to your ground than Modern Arsenal when you need a win. :|

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Funny....Watford looked really strong in the last 30 minutes last week......but not the case this weekend.

Wonder why that could be?