watford away thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: watford away thread

Post by robbo10 »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:48 am
Just watched MOTD....try watch it if you haven't seen it. Cleverley must be standing, not running, not walking, standing, on the penalty spot for about 10 seconds while Xhaka is standing directly behind him on the edge of the box watching the play.....the ball rolls loose to Cleverley, standing completely unmarked...and BANG, 2-1

Murphy and Wrighty commenting on it saying Xhaka is NOT a holding midfielder and has no sense of danger.

35m he cost...we could have got Kante for that :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I love the way Monreal just turns round like a bloke who's lost his dog over the park,no idea of any danger,mind you it was coming,this is a bang average side,as soon as they got the penalty there was only one winner,
Ozil changed the game when he came on,1-0 up and the melt weakens an already weak shapeless side,a limp dicked shot one on one and a minute later they're level.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I think some people over estimate our abilities. Every time we play a club, that isn't one of the big boys, there are predictions on here that we are going to win 3 or 4-0. The reality is, we are an average team. You don't need any sort of clever approach against us, just go route one, or run directly at us, add that with a bit of intensity, and we shit ourselves. The only game we have looked convincing in, was against Bouremouth, and they are 19th in the league.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

We have lost three league games by on an aggregate score of 1-7...The three teams that beat us have all lost against Manchester City on an aggregate score of 2-18...If you are in any doubt about where Arsenal PLC are in the pecking order...well wonder no longer..

Offside

Post by Offside »

I saw it coming. I was watching it with my mate and after seeing that City had scored seven, I explained to him that when proper contenders are on top, they score the goals and kill the game. When Arsenal are dominating a game, you never know if they're going to win it because they don't score enough goals and waste time doing those silly sideways and back passes and it will always leave them vulnerable to a sucker-punch. When it went to 1-1, I knew Watford were more likely to score. I'm not claiming credit as some kind of prophet. Anyone who has watched us over recent years should have known what was coming.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Kvltman wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:34 am
This club is dead in the water until the dinosaur of a manager leaves and the parasitic leech of an excuse for an owner is removed.

Kroenke is the worst thing ever to happen to this club but Wenger is starting to become a close second for me.
Starting.....where have you been?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:32 am
I think some people over estimate our abilities. Every time we play a club, that isn't one of the big boys, there are predictions on here that we are going to win 3 or 4-0. The reality is, we are an average team. You don't need any sort of clever approach against us, just go route one, or run directly at us, add that with a bit of intensity, and we shit ourselves. The only game we have looked convincing in, was against Bouremouth, and they are 19th in the league.
It always amazes me as well...I was having this conversation with Nick during the week. We cannot be trusted away from home...Hell even at home, if teams didn't come there with everyone behind the ball and let us play, they would have half a chance. Even Brighton realized after about 20 minutes if they run at us we are vulnerable.

We really are a bang average side.

falkirk goon

Post by falkirk goon »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:43 am
We have lost three league games by on an aggregate score of 1-7...The three teams that beat us have all lost against Manchester City on an aggregate score of 2-18...If you are in any doubt about where Arsenal PLC are in the pecking order...well wonder no longer..
Nail on head mate :( This is what it's came to after years of neglect and mis (non)management..Le fartpipe answerable to no cuunt :|

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:32 am
Yes Bournemouth that day did not compete and never actually tried much in the whole game......discount that one

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:43 am
A sign of how far we've fallen is that I don't even compare us to the likes of City any more, but seeing that stat made me take a look at the table. 9 points (effectively 10 given a goal difference swing of 23) behind by mid-October. There used to be a time when we were competitive into the New Year - sometimes even top of the league - before the inevitable limp dicked February collapse sparked by a Champions League rodgering. Most of us on here were already fucked off with that.......these days its out of the title race merely weeks after the transfer window has closed and the prospect of Thursday night football forever more.

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

It was a disgraceful performance all round.
Wenger picked the wrong team, made the wrong substitutions and tactically, had no answers when they equalised.

The players were shocking. Our midfield was clueless and we had no leaders in our defence.

After results going for us elsewhere, it was a yet another opportunity missed.

What City will do to us in a few weeks does not bear thinking about....

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 01366.html

Imagine getting mugged off by this bang average twat, who will find himself back in the championship sooner rather than later. There was a time when the club was hugely respected, now we are a laughing stock.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

LaughingGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:22 am
Wenger picked the wrong team, made the wrong substitutions and tactically, had no answers when they equalised.

The players were shocking. Our midfield was clueless and we had no leaders in our defence.

yeah agreed whats more worrying is the scum winning....

NickF

Post by NickF »

LaughingGooner wrote:

An opportunity for what exactly?

MrT

Post by MrT »

LaughingGooner wrote:

Nice of you to pipe up. What's that? You're not calling everyone racist this time? Cheers.

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

troy deeney mouthing off on bt sport, don't remember him being so mouthy when we pumped them 3-0 last season :oops:

honestly, the media narrative surrounding this one is disingenuous as fuck, apparently watford won because they roughed us up? watford were pathetic, there for the taking. we were just worse, sounds like sour grapes but any decent side would have put 3 past us, not two scabby goal like that, christ :oops: :lol: