watford away thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: watford away thread

Post by robbo10 »

BFG4 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:28 am
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 01366.html

Imagine getting mugged off by this bang average twat, who will find himself back in the championship sooner rather than later. There was a time when the club was hugely respected, now we are a laughing stock.
Sadly he's not the only 2 bob journeyman player who's been given the chance to have a pop at Arsene Wenger's mediocre Arsenal teams due to Wenger's appalling management over the last decade or more,thanks to Cockbreath that's what Arsenal have become,the list of no-marque players who figure out the huge issues at the club make me laugh,concidering 99% have never even been at a big club let alone won anything.

Cheers Arsene :banghead: :banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:06 pm
troy deeney mouthing off on bt sport, don't remember him being so mouthy when we pumped them 3-0 last season :oops:

honestly, the media narrative surrounding this one is disingenuous as fuck, apparently watford won because they roughed us up? watford were pathetic, there for the taking. we were just worse, sounds like sour grapes but any decent side would have put 3 past us, not two scabby goal like that, christ :oops: :lol:
A bullock with a haircut that can only be described as indescribable.

Tosser.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

robbo10 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:27 am
xisstential wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:48 am
Just watched MOTD....try watch it if you haven't seen it. Cleverley must be standing, not running, not walking, standing, on the penalty spot for about 10 seconds while Xhaka is standing directly behind him on the edge of the box watching the play.....the ball rolls loose to Cleverley, standing completely unmarked...and BANG, 2-1

Murphy and Wrighty commenting on it saying Xhaka is NOT a holding midfielder and has no sense of danger.

35m he cost...we could have got Kante for that :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
I love the way Monreal just turns round like a bloke who's lost his dog over the park,no idea of any danger,mind you it was coming,this is a bang average side,as soon as they got the penalty there was only one winner,
Ozil changed the game when he came on,1-0 up and the melt weakens an already weak shapeless side,a limp dicked shot one on one and a minute later they're level.
Monreal actually runs back towards the post (in the wrong and cowardly way) very funny to watch!! :lol:

LaughingGooner

Post by LaughingGooner »

MrT wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:56 am
LaughingGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:22 am
It was a disgraceful performance all round.
Wenger picked the wrong team, made the wrong substitutions and tactically, had no answers when they equalised.

The players were shocking. Our midfield was clueless and we had no leaders in our defence.

After results going for us elsewhere, it was a yet another opportunity missed.

What City will do to us in a few weeks does not bear thinking about....
Nice of you to pipe up. What's that? You're not calling everyone racist this time? Cheers.
Top post, got nothing better to do this afternoon??
Cheers

RobG

Post by RobG »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:16 pm
Henry Norris 1913 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:06 pm
troy deeney mouthing off on bt sport, don't remember him being so mouthy when we pumped them 3-0 last season :oops:

honestly, the media narrative surrounding this one is disingenuous as fuck, apparently watford won because they roughed us up? watford were pathetic, there for the taking. we were just worse, sounds like sour grapes but any decent side would have put 3 past us, not two scabby goal like that, christ :oops: :lol:
A bullock with a haircut that can only be described as indescribable.

Tosser.
Agreed he is hardly Messi or Suarez. But reading what he said.....was he wrong ? The sad truth is that he almost certainly wasn’t. And it’s no secret, as teams like Stoke and West Brom, at least at their joint, have worked this out and got similar three point outcomes.

As has been said many times a team mirrors its Manager. And ours certainly does. :cry:

Graham71

Post by Graham71 »

BFG4 wrote:

Imagine getting mugged off by this bang average twat, who will find himself back in the championship sooner rather than later. There was a time when the club was hugely respected, now we are a laughing stock.
Watford brought on Deeney and we brought on that French nonce Giroud.Deeney may not be the most talented player in the world but he plays with passion unlike our gutless cowards

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Graham71 wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:17 pm
BFG4 wrote:

Watford brought on Deeney and we brought on that French nonce Giroud.Deeney may not be the most talented player in the world but he plays with passion unlike our gutless cowards
I didn't understand the Giroud decision at all. Watford were having the majority of attacks, and our best chance was going to be a counter attack, but then again i haven't worked in football for 30 years :roll: Giroud is symbolic of the whole team. He can do some fancy things, will look quality at times, but is just as likely to go missing and shit himself, when anything goes wrong.

General

Post by General »

Once the game entered into stoppage time there was only going to be one winner. You could see the entire team was paralysed by fear and mental fatigue as they stood around like crash test dummies playing casual observers whilst Watford manoeuvred the ball around with ease.

I've always said that there are no genuine ball winners in this team, Xhaka and Elneny are as useful as a chocolate teapot, and once we turn over possession it's an uphill struggle to get it back. You can understand a defensive error leading to a goal but when the goal comes from an averseness to taking responsibility and lack of recognition of the clear danger at hand, the blame must lie with the cunnt who picks the team and prepares them. With lousy and temperamental players like Ozil and Giroud on the pitch you're immediately a man or 2 down without the ball. And once the tactical genius brought Giroud on, it gave Watford a free license to push up as they knew we didn't have the pace to get behind them.

We are unchartered territory this season and it's going to get ugly.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

General wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:26 pm
Once the game entered into stoppage time there was only going to be one winner. You could see the entire team was paralysed by fear and mental fatigue as they stood around like crash test dummies playing casual observers whilst Watford manoeuvred the ball around with ease.

I've always said that there are no genuine ball winners in this team, Xhaka and Elneny are as useful as a chocolate teapot, and once we turn over possession it's an uphill struggle to get it back. You can understand a defensive error leading to a goal but when the goal comes from an averseness to taking responsibility and lack of recognition of the clear danger at hand, the blame must lie with the cunnt who picks the team and prepares them. With lousy and temperamental players like Ozil and Giroud on the pitch you're immediately a man or 2 down without the ball. And once the tactical genius brought Giroud on, it gave Watford a free license to push up as they knew we didn't have the pace to get behind them.

We are unchartered territory this season and it's going to get ugly.
Absolutely. I said at the start of the season that this is the worst Arsenal side in 20 years. We have one world class player who doesn't want to be here, one who thinks he is and also doesn't want to be, and the spine of the team is packed with cowards, never will be's and Joe Averages. I never thought I'd see the likes of Morrow and Hillier trotting round in midfield at a snail's pace as we seem to be light years from that but honest to god, Elneny and Xhaka are no upgrade on that pair. Those two useless fuckers had no creativity or pace whatsoever but at least had a bit of heart. The modern day equivalents? Cowardly, useless fuckers. So many of the windowlickers on Arse.com are so desperate for the £30m Swiss Eric Dier to be a success that they won't have a word said against him but honestly watch him closely for 90 mins. He contributes absolutely fuck all and is a liability waiting to happen in every match. Clueless, gormless, reckless - a first rate dummy who shouldn't be getting a place in the reserves let alone a guaranteed starter in the first team

7th I predicted and 7th it shall remain. City, United, Spuds, Chavski and the Mickeys way better. "Crisis club" Everton need only to beat Brighton this afternoon and do their usual softening up job on us next week up there and we'll be below them too......and there we will stay

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I see Wenger called the penalty decision "scandalous" I hope the FA ask him to explain that comment and follow it up with a hefty fine.

I know the money is meaningless but it's nice to see him questioned without being arrogantly and airily allowed to dismiss the question.

I wonder what he thought of the nailed on penalty not being awarded to WBA... or didn't he see the incident?

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

NickF wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:48 am
LaughingGooner wrote:

An opportunity for what exactly?
To stay in the hunt for the VT?. Honestly what is the point of watching Arsenal in the PL (and CL for that matter)?, only watched yesterday because I still haven't got around to cancelling BT sport and even then half the time I was playing a computer game as I couldn't be f*cked to bore myself stupid by actually focusing on our game.

People actually pay to watch this sh*t?. :shock:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:47 pm
I see Wenger called the penalty decision "scandalous" I hope the FA ask him to explain that comment and follow it up with a hefty fine.

I know the money is meaningless but it's nice to see him questioned without being arrogantly and airily allowed to dismiss the question.

I wonder what he thought of the nailed on penalty not being awarded to WBA... or didn't he see the incident?

I'm hoping for a touchline ban which lasts for about 18 months.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Being out played by and losing to Watford!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Couldn't make it up anymore.

How can we have a goalkeeper who cannot EVER save a penalty? Even Almunia saved penalties.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/ ... ment-panel

There you have it...no intention of even going after the title. And people still go watch.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

MrT wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:56 am
LaughingGooner wrote:
It was a disgraceful performance all round.
Wenger picked the wrong team, made the wrong substitutions and tactically, had no answers when they equalised.

The players were shocking. Our midfield was clueless and we had no leaders in our defence.

What City will do to us in a few weeks does not bear thinking about....
Nice of you to pipe up. What's that? You're not calling everyone racist this time? Cheers.
think his summary is a fair reflection TBH