San Marino 0-8 Norway & Other Interlull Shite

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: San Marino 0-8 Norway & Other Interlull Shite

Post by Bradywasking »

augie wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:33 pm
Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:46 pm
Clash wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:46 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:41 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:02 am

Me too. Also the Interlull Superfan phenomenon grates my shit into string tbh. :oops: :roll: Fuckers that know proper fuck all about the game then come crawling out of the woodwork for the Interlull, getting all patriotic and xenophobic and spewing forth with mouthfuls of cum-flavoured shite about it... :roll:

y'know fuckers like SteveO and LeftyEwok... :lol:
Oh God yes..the fucking Superfan...Don't worry if Oireland don't go through tonight there will be an announcement at the station.."Would the Oierland fans please remain on the platform as another bandwagon will be along soon"
I lost interest in Oierland and Interlull football in 1989 when that fucking pig Charlton publicly and deliberately humiliated one of the greatest players ever to be born on this Island...If that was bad what was worse was was the c##ts who a few years earlier declared "no interest in that fucking soccer..it's a woman's game" were now telling me that Big Jack was right to take Brady off..
The pure drivel on and off the pitch for the next few years was awful...genuinely football people who were involved in schoolboy games or lads who supported the League of Ireland clubs were excluded from Lansdowne Rd as the marbles in the mouth brigade had found a new toy..
I may be the only Irish person to say this but I can genuinely say I did not enjoy one minute of Jack's golden era..
Interesting post mate.

A lot of this Ireland stuff was forced onto us in the late 80s and early 90s. All the jokes about what tenuous connection half the squad had to being Irish, how 'Big Jack' was so down to earth and how he loved his fishing, how the Ireland fans were the polar opposite to the English hooligans etc. It didnt bother me too much and I did cheer when David O'Leary scored the penalty against Romania in Genoa (although that was because it was O'Leary :barscarf: ).

I think too much was made about how Charlton succeeded with less talented players than he chose to leave out and it became too much about him. Off the top of my head there was Brady, Stapleton, O’Leary, Whelan, Lawrenson, Sheedy, McGrath around in the mid to late 80s. Maybe it says more about what a limited manager Jack Charlton was that he couldn’t incorporate all of those players into his teams?

I believe with the talent at his disposal from 87 to 94 Charlton failed as a manager. Brady, McGrath, Roy Keane, Irwin, Stapleton, Whelan are just some of the quality players he had...but he was too ignorant and too arrogant..The story was about him not the players.And like our latter day AKBs the sheep lapped it up. Jack could do not wrong and his attitude to strong personalities means that the names of Quinn and Townsend etc have a greater place in Irish sporting history than Brady or Giles. Journeyman that were yes men ..Charlton surrounded himself with more yes men. He wasn't questioned by the majority of the media .
Then there was the "Green Army" and the constant comparison to their English counterparts. Why compare? , oh yes we drink and sing , win lose or draw. And therein we made Dublin the toilet of Europe for years to come as we sold ourselves as a nation of village idiots who done The Riverdance at the drop of a hat as long as we had drink..Then years later we wondered why Dublin was teeming with drinking tourists each weekend..Reap what you sow..Tourists came to be part of this culture and as one stage party attendee said on a Channel 4 documentary on it" you can abuse the Irish and they just take it"
To me it was the worst of times..The party ended in 1995 when Charlton was finished and Combat18 paid a visit.. The greedy hoteliers and publicans declared the visit of England " a rugby weekend in the middle of the week".. They rubbed tj eir greasy hands at the thoughts of the till jangling. They got a lovely wake up call...tempered by the fact that "ours wouldn't behave like that"
NO not abroad but Italia 90 was marred by drunken violence and intimidation at home..but that was overlooked ..

To be fair Dublin was a shithole long before jack Charlton became Ireland manager :lol: :lol: :lol:

Is that all you could take from hundreds of words of serious discussion ? :D :D :D

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Big up to Twirly tonight - he was just as shite for Wales as he normally is for us :D

Wales and Scotland aren't coming to Russia

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

I hope Oireland don't get a difficult play off match. It would be heartbreaking to see all three go out :D

ING-ER-LUND ING-ER-LUND ING-ER-LUND - longest unbeaten run in qualifying

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Ramsey is no leader for Wales in Bale's absence ...in the end like his team he was all at sea..At one point running the ball over the touchline..It was a tough even fascinating game at times but it did lack quality.. Martin O'Neill has led Ireland to a play off with every piece of a luck jigsaw falling into place...Someone once said a lucky general is better than a good one..To their credit Ireland don't lack courage or motivation and it wouldn't surprise me if the good fortune continued .

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:49 pm
Big up to Twirly tonight - he was just as shite for Wales as he normally is for us :D

I hope Oireland don't get a difficult play off match. It would be heartbreaking to see all three go out :D

The spirit of 1966 has re-emerged. I have a feeling next year could be your year :twisted:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Peeman wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:03 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:49 pm

The spirit of 1966 has re-emerged. I have a feeling next year could be your year :twisted:
Indeed - we're going to conquer all before us and emerge victorious. The Scottish press will probably be reporting how we all think it's going to be our year after that masterclass in Lithuania yesterday :D

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

:tricolour: :tricolour: :tricolour: :tricolour:
May as well enjoy this until we get f**ked in the playoff

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Last night proves that Bale is a World class player...also Ramsey is a better player with Bale in the team possibly because with Bale there Ramsey realises he is not the superstar and actually tries to play rather than showboat..

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:49 am
Just seen that mustafi is out for possible 2 months :?
Even more good news from the international break - he's absolute gash :D :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:38 am
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:49 am
Just seen that mustafi is out for possible 2 months :?
Even more good news from the international break - he's absolute gash :D :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
Yeah but better gash than the other gash' s :lol:

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

I know it's a World Cup and the last thing I want is for it to be packed almost exclusively with European teams, but the North/Central America group is a joke.

Six teams, with three automatically qualifying and one going straight into the final play-off match. Bearing in mind this group is made up of USA, Panama, Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica and Trinidad and Tobago.

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

northbank123 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:22 am
I know it's a World Cup and the last thing I want is for it to be packed almost exclusively with European teams, but the North/Central America group is a joke.

Six teams, with three automatically qualifying and one going straight into the final play-off match. Bearing in mind this group is made up of USA, Panama, Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica and Trinidad and Tobago.

And the Yanks still didn't qualify.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Chile lost to Brazil last night so they needed Colombia to do them a favour and beat Peru to get into a qualifier......Colombia were 1 up with 14 minutes to go when Peru were given an indirect free kick just outside the box.

For some bizarre reason the Peru player went direct for goal and for some even more bizarre reason Ospina tried to save it but as usual only got a feeble hand to it and palmed it into the net. Game ended 1-1 and no world cup for Alexis.

DROSSSSSSSSSSSSSS-PINA :barscarf:

On the plus side it will be his first summer off in 4 years (WC in 2014, Copa America 2015 & 2016, Confederations Cup 2017) the down side is he will be at City :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

The Welsh Messi-Lite was beyond his usual Arsenal level shite against Oireland. :oops: :lol:

Overelaborated everything, pissed possession away, totally ineffective. At one stage, late on, chasing a one-nil, they got a free kick about 25 - 30 yards out and fucking Twinkle Toes decides "This is my moment of personal glory" and had a "shot" (loose description), even though Wales had 52 players in the box waiting for a cross... Of course Sir FlicksAlot hoofed his shot out into the car park. His team mates gave him daggers, and I could swear when the camera panned to Coleman he was saying; "Ooh daht flaaash baaahhhstahhd, he ooonly fookin fie-ahd it ooovah!"**

**bear with me, I was trying to lip read his Welsh accent ffs. :banghead:

:D :wink:

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:27 am
The Welsh Messi-Lite was beyond his usual Arsenal level shite against Oireland. :oops: :lol:

Overelaborated everything, pissed possession away, totally ineffective. At one stage, late on, chasing a one-nil, they got a free kick about 25 - 30 yards out and fucking Twinkle Toes decides "This is my moment of personal glory" and had a "shot" (loose description), even though Wales had 52 players in the box waiting for a cross... Of course Sir FlicksAlot hoofed his shot out into the car park. His team mates gave him daggers, and I could swear when the camera panned to Coleman he was saying; "Ooh daht flaaash baaahhhstahhd, he ooonly fookin fie-ahd it ooovah!"**

**bear with me, I was trying to lip read his Welsh accent ffs. :banghead:

:D :wink:
I thought your account had been hacked by IHH after he went full Breaking Bad. :wink: :wink: :barscarf:

Andrew

Post by Andrew »

What new total waste of time is this?

UEFA must be trying to justify their existence by coming up with a new competition that no-one will care about meaning even more fixtures.

Doesn't every Premier League manager complain about too many fixtures? Why are the home nations even entering this?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41580638