San Marino 0-8 Norway & Other Interlull Shite

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: San Marino 0-8 Norway

Post by Bradywasking »

Didn't Sweden beat Luxembourg 8-0 yesterday ? International football does nothing for me..I do get interested in tournaments but this qualifying stuff is as tedious as the Champions League group stages..We now have every newspaper and pundit in Dublin working out permutations of how Oireland can get a play off place or even win the group. I couldn't give a flying f##k....the thoughts of a Summer of John Delaney's smug face on TV or a nation binge drinking to fill a stereotype leaves me very cold..

CloakedGooner

Scotland the international version of Spurs!!!

Post by CloakedGooner »

They just are aren't they! So close yet fucked it yet again!! :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 8:04 am
Didn't Sweden beat Luxembourg 8-0 yesterday ? International football does nothing for me..I do get interested in tournaments but this qualifying stuff is as tedious as the Champions League group stages..We now have every newspaper and pundit in Dublin working out permutations of how Oireland can get a play off place or even win the group. I couldn't give a flying f##k....the thoughts of a Summer of John Delaney's smug face on TV or a nation binge drinking to fill a stereotype leaves me very cold..
Me too. Also the Interlull Superfan phenomenon grates my shit into string tbh. :oops: :roll: Fuckers that know proper fuck all about the game then come crawling out of the woodwork for the Interlull, getting all patriotic and xenophobic and spewing forth with mouthfuls of cum-flavoured shite about it... :roll:

y'know fuckers like SteveO and LeftyEwok... :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:02 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Me too. Also the Interlull Superfan phenomenon grates my shit into string tbh. :oops: :roll: Fuckers that know proper fuck all about the game then come crawling out of the woodwork for the Interlull, getting all patriotic and xenophobic and spewing forth with mouthfuls of cum-flavoured shite about it... :roll:

Oh God yes..the fucking Superfan...Don't worry if Oireland don't go through tonight there will be an announcement at the station.."Would the Oierland fans please remain on the platform as another bandwagon will be along soon"
I lost interest in Oierland and Interlull football in 1989 when that fucking pig Charlton publicly and deliberately humiliated one of the greatest players ever to be born on this Island...If that was bad what was worse was was the c##ts who a few years earlier declared "no interest in that fucking soccer..it's a woman's game" were now telling me that Big Jack was right to take Brady off..
The pure drivel on and off the pitch for the next few years was awful...genuinely football people who were involved in schoolboy games or lads who supported the League of Ireland clubs were excluded from Lansdowne Rd as the marbles in the mouth brigade had found a new toy..
I may be the only Irish person to say this but I can genuinely say I did not enjoy one minute of Jack's golden era..

Clash

Post by Clash »

Perryashburtongroves wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:28 pm
Clash wrote:
Sat Oct 07, 2017 11:48 am
Arsenal Till I Die wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 6:28 pm
Rooney is England's highest ever goal scorer because he consistently played against these team. :lol:
True :)
It annoyed me when Rooney got that record. The name Bobby Charlton looks so much better at the top of England's scoring list that fucking Wayne Rooney. Same goes for the Man United highest scoring list.
Couldn't really five a fuck about England or Rooney or Bobby Charlton. I will say though that there were a load of shit teams about in Charlton's day too.
I'm not his biggest fan but the name Bobby Charlton has an aura about it. The name Wayne Rooney is now above that because he racked up goals against the likes of Lichtenstein, Moldova and the Faroe Islands. I’d prefer this recent generation of players to have not topped any lists in the history books unless they really earned it but Rooney’s name is set in stone now.

I understand why you don’t give a fuck though :) It’s probably my aversion to modern football more than anything else. Too much of it is contrived. Like the pathetic way it was stage managed for David fucking Beckham to get his 100th England cap long after he’d been dropped from the squad.

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Yeah yeah keep telling yourself this Gollum, I can see you guys sitting at home in your green shirts with you're potato chips and a Guinness waving your oirish flags and spewing bile at every decision the ref gives against you. I really hope you don't go out to a handballgate tonight :barscarf:

Clash

Re: San Marino 0-8 Norway & Other Interlull Shite

Post by Clash »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:41 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Oh God yes..the fucking Superfan...Don't worry if Oireland don't go through tonight there will be an announcement at the station.."Would the Oierland fans please remain on the platform as another bandwagon will be along soon"
I lost interest in Oierland and Interlull football in 1989 when that fucking pig Charlton publicly and deliberately humiliated one of the greatest players ever to be born on this Island...If that was bad what was worse was was the c##ts who a few years earlier declared "no interest in that fucking soccer..it's a woman's game" were now telling me that Big Jack was right to take Brady off..
The pure drivel on and off the pitch for the next few years was awful...genuinely football people who were involved in schoolboy games or lads who supported the League of Ireland clubs were excluded from Lansdowne Rd as the marbles in the mouth brigade had found a new toy..
I may be the only Irish person to say this but I can genuinely say I did not enjoy one minute of Jack's golden era..
Interesting post mate.

A lot of this Ireland stuff was forced onto us in the late 80s and early 90s. All the jokes about what tenuous connection half the squad had to being Irish, how 'Big Jack' was so down to earth and how he loved his fishing, how the Ireland fans were the polar opposite to the English hooligans etc. It didnt bother me too much and I did cheer when David O'Leary scored the penalty against Romania in Genoa (although that was because it was O'Leary :barscarf: ).

I think too much was made about how Charlton succeeded with less talented players than he chose to leave out and it became too much about him. Off the top of my head there was Brady, Stapleton, O’Leary, Whelan, Lawrenson, Sheedy, McGrath around in the mid to late 80s. Maybe it says more about what a limited manager Jack Charlton was that he couldn’t incorporate all of those players into his teams?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:36 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Yeah yeah keep telling yourself this Gollum, I can see you guys sitting at home in your green shirts with you're potato chips and a Guinness waving your oirish flags and spewing bile at every decision the ref gives against you. I really hope you don't go out to a handballgate tonight :barscarf:
:lol:

Personally, I could give less than zero fucks either way tbh. Hate the Interlull and I'm off the potato chips as part of my Ketogenics stay fit thing. :lol:

Also, English is your language. Please learn to spell its words correctly, there's a good fellow. :D :wink:

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:46 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Personally, I could give less than zero fucks either way tbh. Hate the Interlull and I'm off the potato chips as part of my Ketogenics stay fit thing. :lol:

Also, English is your language. Please learn to spell its words correctly, there's a good fellow. :D :wink:
My phone's spell checker is obviously from Dublin :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

Just seen that mustafi is out for possible 2 months :?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:48 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

My phone's spell checker is obviously from Dublin :lol:
It fucked your missus? :shock:

:D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I really don't give a shit if Oireland qualify for their now de rigueur 3 quick defeats at the World Cup of Corruption.... but I honestly seriously REALLY hope the pack of media-whore cúnts that is the Welsh team don't qualify. Why? Because of this fucking rank arseholeosis;

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... formations

Fucking attention craving morons. :oops: :roll: :censored:

COME ON ANYBODY BUT WALES!!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

augie

Post by augie »

Clash wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Interesting post mate.

A lot of this Ireland stuff was forced onto us in the late 80s and early 90s. All the jokes about what tenuous connection half the squad had to being Irish, how 'Big Jack' was so down to earth and how he loved his fishing, how the Ireland fans were the polar opposite to the English hooligans etc. It didnt bother me too much and I did cheer when David O'Leary scored the penalty against Romania in Genoa (although that was because it was O'Leary :barscarf: ).

I think too much was made about how Charlton succeeded with less talented players than he chose to leave out and it became too much about him. Off the top of my head there was Brady, Stapleton, O’Leary, Whelan, Lawrenson, Sheedy, McGrath around in the mid to late 80s. Maybe it says more about what a limited manager Jack Charlton was that he couldn’t incorporate all of those players into his teams?

Yes and no - you gotta remember that previous Ireland managers had those same players at their disposal, but still couldn't qualify for a major finals :cry: Maybe in some way it that situation can be likened to that of the AFC story of the last few seasons - for a few years we (AFC) had enough quality players to do much better than we were but we had a manager incapable of flexibility in his principles, whilst big jack was pragmatic and sacrificed flair for results and reaped the benefits

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Clash wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Interesting post mate.

I believe with the talent at his disposal from 87 to 94 Charlton failed as a manager. Brady, McGrath, Roy Keane, Irwin, Stapleton, Whelan are just some of the quality players he had...but he was too ignorant and too arrogant..The story was about him not the players.And like our latter day AKBs the sheep lapped it up. Jack could do not wrong and his attitude to strong personalities means that the names of Quinn and Townsend etc have a greater place in Irish sporting history than Brady or Giles. Journeyman that were yes men ..Charlton surrounded himself with more yes men. He wasn't questioned by the majority of the media .
Then there was the "Green Army" and the constant comparison to their English counterparts. Why compare? , oh yes we drink and sing , win lose or draw. And therein we made Dublin the toilet of Europe for years to come as we sold ourselves as a nation of village idiots who done The Riverdance at the drop of a hat as long as we had drink..Then years later we wondered why Dublin was teeming with drinking tourists each weekend..Reap what you sow..Tourists came to be part of this culture and as one stage party attendee said on a Channel 4 documentary on it" you can abuse the Irish and they just take it"
To me it was the worst of times..The party ended in 1995 when Charlton was finished and Combat18 paid a visit.. The greedy hoteliers and publicans declared the visit of England " a rugby weekend in the middle of the week".. They rubbed tj eir greasy hands at the thoughts of the till jangling. They got a lovely wake up call...tempered by the fact that "ours wouldn't behave like that"
NO not abroad but Italia 90 was marred by drunken violence and intimidation at home..but that was overlooked ..

augie

Post by augie »

Bradywasking wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 1:46 pm
Clash wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

Interesting post mate.

I believe with the talent at his disposal from 87 to 94 Charlton failed as a manager. Brady, McGrath, Roy Keane, Irwin, Stapleton, Whelan are just some of the quality players he had...but he was too ignorant and too arrogant..The story was about him not the players.And like our latter day AKBs the sheep lapped it up. Jack could do not wrong and his attitude to strong personalities means that the names of Quinn and Townsend etc have a greater place in Irish sporting history than Brady or Giles. Journeyman that were yes men ..Charlton surrounded himself with more yes men. He wasn't questioned by the majority of the media .
Then there was the "Green Army" and the constant comparison to their English counterparts. Why compare? , oh yes we drink and sing , win lose or draw. And therein we made Dublin the toilet of Europe for years to come as we sold ourselves as a nation of village idiots who done The Riverdance at the drop of a hat as long as we had drink..Then years later we wondered why Dublin was teeming with drinking tourists each weekend..Reap what you sow..Tourists came to be part of this culture and as one stage party attendee said on a Channel 4 documentary on it" you can abuse the Irish and they just take it"
To me it was the worst of times..The party ended in 1995 when Charlton was finished and Combat18 paid a visit.. The greedy hoteliers and publicans declared the visit of England " a rugby weekend in the middle of the week".. They rubbed tj eir greasy hands at the thoughts of the till jangling. They got a lovely wake up call...tempered by the fact that "ours wouldn't behave like that"
NO not abroad but Italia 90 was marred by drunken violence and intimidation at home..but that was overlooked ..

To be fair Dublin was a shithole long before jack Charlton became Ireland manager :lol: :lol: :lol: