San Marino 0-8 Norway & Other Interlull Shite

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Midz

Re: San Marino 0-8 Norway & Other Interlull Shite

Post by Midz »

If Interlull football disappeared tomorrow, zero fucks would be given by my good self. 8)

you and many others. :)

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:04 pm
NickF wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:53 am
Watched the Northern Ireland vs Switzerland game on Sky last night.
Not sure who the co-commentator was but he couldn't have been more biased if he tried. When commentating at least try to sound neutral even if you're not.

N Ireland were unlucky with the penalty but having said that, they were completely outplayed for the whole game. Xhaka even made a good tackle in his own penalty area without fouling! He also had a couple of shots at goal but the crowd were in more danger than the keeper.
Northen Oireland are so appallingly shite at football we used to call them "Ireland-Lite" but then a few of them threatened to blow us up and stuff... :lol: :wink:

Too far....? :shock:
It's where you make them though :D :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Good luck Oireland. It would be a great shame if only one team from the British Isles made it to Russia next Summer......still getting over the heartbreak of Scotland and Wales narrowly missing out. :D :wink:

ING-ER-LUND ING-ER-LUND ING-ER-LUND

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Just preparing the house for the big match....

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

How the fucck is livermore even a professional football player let alone an England player, Jack wilshere is 100 times better without a shadow of a doubt :|

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:49 pm
How the fucck is livermore even a professional football player let alone an England player, Jack wilshere is 100 times better without a shadow of a doubt :|
Don't go lavishing praise on our Jack mate......Goonersid will be along in a bit to tell you how Wes Hoolahan, Jeff Hendrick and Glenn Whelan are better options in there :D

LeftfootlegendGooner

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:01 pm
LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:49 pm
Don't go lavishing praise on our Jack mate......Goonersid will be along in a bit to tell you how Wes Hoolahan, Jeff Hendrick and Glenn Whelan are better options in there :D

:lol:

And I will be telling him to fook off 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Switched on half way through the first half.
Was very impressed by our passing - then I realised that we were the team in blue :lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

What an exhibition of the beautiful game in Copenhagen last night.. It was an honest tough game with zero quality in it.. The RTE post match discussion raised two important points..firstly Damien Duff said that "Shay " (presumably Shay Given had told him that Ireland or more to the point Martin O'Neill wouldn't have worried about Denmark or worked on their weakness and strengths. Not worrying about opposition, has worked for Arsene for years!! Secondly I think it was Eamon Dunphy said that we had two similar teams with little quality both playing the long ball game but whichever manager gets to the World Cup will be a genius and the other will be a failure.
That is very true and it sums up the black and white tabloid mentality of modern football of a win means you are brilliant and a defeat means you are brutal..no thought for how a success is achieved ,end justifys everything.
Both teams did play the long ball but I thought Denmark did it with more purpose. Ireland's was more hit and hope..Advantage nobody for second leg.

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Didn't think there could possibly be another more limited team than England, never mind two, but both the Irish teams are more than worthy contenders.

Now the Ulstermen have their own dodgy decision against them in a world cup play off, that the rest of us have to hear about for years, just like their republican neighbours :wink:

Didn't give a rats arse whether they qualified or not, but that co commentator had me urging on the Swiss by the 70th minute with his moaning about decisions and saying "we" all the time.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:58 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:04 pm
NickF wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:53 am
Watched the Northern Ireland vs Switzerland game on Sky last night.
Not sure who the co-commentator was but he couldn't have been more biased if he tried. When commentating at least try to sound neutral even if you're not.

N Ireland were unlucky with the penalty but having said that, they were completely outplayed for the whole game. Xhaka even made a good tackle in his own penalty area without fouling! He also had a couple of shots at goal but the crowd were in more danger than the keeper.
Northen Oireland are so appallingly shite at football we used to call them "Ireland-Lite" but then a few of them threatened to blow us up and stuff... :lol: :wink:

Too far....? :shock:
It's where you make them though :D :wink:
:lol:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:41 pm
Didn't think there could possibly be another more limited team than England, never mind two, but both the Irish teams are more than worthy contenders.

Now the Ulstermen have their own dodgy decision against them in a world cup play off, that the rest of us have to hear about for years, just like their republican neighbours :wink:

Didn't give a rats arse whether they qualified or not, but that co commentator had me urging on the Swiss by the 70th minute with his moaning about decisions and saying "we" all the time.

The Co commentator was Gerry Armstrong I think he works for Sky on the Spanish football coverage.
Down South social media has proclaimed that Damien Duff wasn't a great player , one who won nothing , simply because he gave an honest assessment of the muck on display in Copenhagen last Saturday.
In the Republic going off script can be frowned on when it comes to our sporting heroes.
We have a country of experts on every sport in Ireland. Is there any country in the world where "going out to watch the rugby and the soccer" on the same day is normal..To me that is saying "I'm going to two concerts tonight. Boyzone and AC/DC"..
In Ireland it is all about the day out ,the party and "shuur win ,lose or draw we will drink ourselves stupid and fulfil every know stereotype about our nation"
Actually I have sympathy for Northern Ireland, it was ultimately a dreadful decision that knocked them out.. There is always the 33rd team option to pursue ,or the boycott of Swiss goods and marches on the Swiss embassy in London..

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Hoddle is another co commentator who says "we" all the time when co commentating on England games. It never sounds right, doesn't matter which country it is. He should be taken aside and put straight.

It is fine to be a supporter but you cannot do it when you are commentating....you are there as a commentator not as a cheerleader.

augie

Post by augie »

It's not the Irish results or even the performances that bother me, it's the absolutely appalling game plan and tactics being used by the manager and assistant manager - these are two men who grew up under cloughie's beautiful football ethos, and he would be turning in his grave watching these two c.unts set this Irish team up :oops: I know full well that we have the worst crop of players we have had for decades, but that doesn't mean that we cant make some effort to play football and improve. On the same night that we were clinging on to a dire 1-1 draw versus moldova, luxemberg were battling to a very creditable draw v france in paris - the Luxemburg team took the ball down and showed courage by actually passing the ball to each other instead of hoofing it aimlessly up to a lone striker. Nobody should dare tell me that luxemberg have better players than we have, and the opposition they faced (france) was way better than the Moldovan team we played, but yet they were brave and confident and were rewarded for that bravery 8)
I'm not a football snob - I don't have to see my team play beautiful football, but I do believe that if we are to play long ball football, then we should at least do so with two strikers up top. At the moment o'neill has them hoofing the ball up to a lone striker, who is so far isolated from his team-mates, that even if he does win the ball there is no-one to knock it down to :roll:

I have a son who is now playing his youth football with a league of Ireland club - when he joined them I would have classed him as a footballing centre back who needed to be a bit more aggressive in the tackle, and sometimes faster on the ball. Within 3 months he has now become a centre back that hoofs the ball forward frequently and has actually regressed as a footballer (although he has improved defensively). People who see him play now will automatically dismiss him as a footballer and that saddens and angers me, but the alternative (if he wants to play underage league of Ireland) is to look to join a Dublin club, and that would entail the best part of a 4 hour round trip (including the training itself) twice during the week for training, and the same again on a Saturday for a game, and during the school year it simply is not feasible.

The point I was making in that, is how playing for this prehistoric manager and his outdated tactics, is going to affect these players individually - they may not be anywhere near the players we have had in the past, but they will not improve under this c.unt manager, and no big or ambitious clubs will want to sign footballers who look limited with the ball

augie

Post by augie »

Btw I like Gerry Armstrong and have zero problem with his use of the word "we", and especially when all the other pundits in the studio and commenting with him, were northern irish too.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:41 pm

Have to agree. We let ourselves down badly when we copied Ingerland with their 30 years of whining about The Hand Of God goal... :barscarf: :lol:

:wink: