San Marino 0-8 Norway & Other Interlull Shite

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
northbank123

Re: San Marino 0-8 Norway & Other Interlull Shite

Post by northbank123 »

Andrew wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:56 pm
What new total waste of time is this?

UEFA must be trying to justify their existence by coming up with a new competition that no-one will care about meaning even more fixtures.

Doesn't every Premier League manager complain about too many fixtures? Why are the home nations even entering this?

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41580638
Don't think it's a bad idea if it's to replace endless friendlies rather than add to existing number of games.

Seeded qualifying system means that the top sides don't face competitive games against others other than every few years major tournaments, and the worst sides never have a chance to win competitive games.

Apparently the existing ranking system is so appalling that you are worse off playing a friendly than no game even if you wallop a top-ranked side because of the weighting for competitive games. Hence why Wales rarely play friendlies and are somehow above England who have coasted to qualification for the last 5 tournaments but always play friendlies.

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:39 am
northbank123 wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:22 am
I know it's a World Cup and the last thing I want is for it to be packed almost exclusively with European teams, but the North/Central America group is a joke.

Six teams, with three automatically qualifying and one going straight into the final play-off match. Bearing in mind this group is made up of USA, Panama, Mexico, Honduras, Costa Rica and Trinidad and Tobago.

And the Yanks still didn't qualify.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Tell me how a country with 370 million people and unlimited funds put towards US Soccer cannot beat Trinidad and Tobago in a game that they only need 1 point to qualify. Is it because it's two countries vs one? :lol:

Biggest disgrace I have ever witnessed in football, and that includes Arsene Wenger over the last 10 years.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Only heard about the USA score tonight. Oh dear, finally some retribution for defeating England in the 1950 World Cup.

Hope both the Irish sides get a good draw and both make it to Russia.

A bit pleased the Welsh missed out, thought they were getting too big for their boots just cos they have a player at Real Madrid doesn't mean they are a top international team.

As for Strachan's excuse for the Scottish failure, second shortest team behind Spain...world cup and double European champions winners...not the best example to give.

The longest two weeks of the year...im sure the summer break passed by quicker than this interlull.

Gunner Rob

The Nations League

Post by Gunner Rob »

just when you thought that international breaks could not get any worse....

the Nations League starts next year "friendlies jazzed up into a competition format"
I have never heard so much bollocks as this.

basically it comes down to this - the 3 international breaks next autumn will ALL be used for this!

England are in the top group and so we can look forward to six weeks of "friendlies" (over the 3 breaks) such as England v Iceland.

what a complete and utter waste of everyone's time and no doubt the season will go on until June like last season, and dozens of PL games will be stuffed into December "because there is no other room on the calendar" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Allgunsblazin

Re: The Nations League

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:09 pm
just when you thought that international breaks could not get any worse....

the Nations League starts next year "friendlies jazzed up into a competition format"
I have never heard so much bollocks as this.

basically it comes down to this - the 3 international breaks next autumn will ALL be used for this!

England are in the top group and so we can look forward to six weeks of "friendlies" (over the 3 breaks) such as England v Iceland.

what a complete and utter waste of everyone's time and no doubt the season will go on until June like last season, and dozens of PL games will be stuffed into December "because there is no other room on the calendar" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
More greed, tbh I do predict low attendances...Unless they charge a fiver.... :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

this is actually even worse now that I have looked into the rules further :oops:

so there are six international dates for clubs next autumn.
4 of those dates will be Nations League matches. England will be in a group of 3 for this, and we get to play 2 other countries home and away (so for example we are in a group with Iceland and Croatia) That's 4 matches taken care of.

So I thought that the other 2 matches might be actual Euro 2020 qualifiers, but no they don't start until the March International break.
No the other 2 matches are for "non Nations League friendlies" :lol: :lol: :banghead: :banghead:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

FFS Rob - there isn't an Interlull related thread already? :roll: :box: :censored:

Merged. :banghead:

wibble

Post by wibble »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:02 pm
FFS Rob - there isn't an Interlull related thread already? :roll: :box: :censored:

So I shouldn't start a new thread about Strachan leaving the Scotland job then?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

wibble wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:05 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:02 pm

So I shouldn't start a new thread about Strachan leaving the Scotland job then?
:lol:

:censored:

:wink:

wibble

Strachan leaves Scotland job

Post by wibble »

Sorry DB10, couldn't resist!

DB10GOONER

Re: Strachan leaves Scotland job

Post by DB10GOONER »

wibble wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:14 pm
Sorry DB10, couldn't resist!
Ceeunt. :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Speaking of Interlull snoozefests, how refreshing it was to see former Ingurland manager Big Fat Fucking Sam AllThePies on Goals on Sunday with the pair of matey cúnts that present that shitfest of a show. Also, how original and refreshing to see good old matey "Big Sam" (to give him his full GOS/media love-in title) just hold his hands up and say "yep, I was totally in the wrong, I tried to use the storied manager's job of one of football's great countries to further my own greedy sleazy hunger for money, and yep indeed I deserved to get sacked and can blame no one but myself for being an odious fat greedy toe rag".

Oh, hang on... no, no that is not what he said. :rubchin:

In fact he said the exact opposite of that and not only does he now accept no blame, but he actually thinks he should still be in the job the fucking deluded prize cúnt that he is. :censored: :censored: :censored:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Fucking cúnt is going on the cúnt thread. :censored:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Oierland play Denmark in the play offs...Queue loads of clichés about the Danes invading Oireland again followed by the inevitable comparison between both sets of fans and their fun loving nature..
If Denmark were seeded why are they playing first leg at home.?

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:37 pm
Oierland play Denmark in the play offs...Queue loads of clichés about the Danes invading Oireland again followed by the inevitable comparison between both sets of fans and their fun loving nature..
If Denmark were seeded why are they playing first leg at home.?
Oh yeah, my "cliched greatest fans in the world" horseshit barometer will be off the fucking charts! :barscarf: :lol: