San Marino 0-8 Norway & Other Interlull Shite

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: San Marino 0-8 Norway & Other Interlull Shite

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:03 am
It's not the Irish results or even the performances that bother me, it's the absolutely appalling game plan and tactics being used by the manager and assistant manager - these are two men who grew up under cloughie's beautiful football ethos, and he would be turning in his grave watching these two c.unts set this Irish team up :oops: I know full well that we have the worst crop of players we have had for decades, but that doesn't mean that we cant make some effort to play football and improve. On the same night that we were clinging on to a dire 1-1 draw versus moldova, luxemberg were battling to a very creditable draw v france in paris - the Luxemburg team took the ball down and showed courage by actually passing the ball to each other instead of hoofing it aimlessly up to a lone striker. Nobody should dare tell me that luxemberg have better players than we have, and the opposition they faced (france) was way better than the Moldovan team we played, but yet they were brave and confident and were rewarded for that bravery 8)
I'm not a football snob - I don't have to see my team play beautiful football, but I do believe that if we are to play long ball football, then we should at least do so with two strikers up top. At the moment o'neill has them hoofing the ball up to a lone striker, who is so far isolated from his team-mates, that even if he does win the ball there is no-one to knock it down to :roll:

I have a son who is now playing his youth football with a league of Ireland club - when he joined them I would have classed him as a footballing centre back who needed to be a bit more aggressive in the tackle, and sometimes faster on the ball. Within 3 months he has now become a centre back that hoofs the ball forward frequently and has actually regressed as a footballer (although he has improved defensively). People who see him play now will automatically dismiss him as a footballer and that saddens and angers me, but the alternative (if he wants to play underage league of Ireland) is to look to join a Dublin club, and that would entail the best part of a 4 hour round trip (including the training itself) twice during the week for training, and the same again on a Saturday for a game, and during the school year it simply is not feasible.

The point I was making in that, is how playing for this prehistoric manager and his outdated tactics, is going to affect these players individually - they may not be anywhere near the players we have had in the past, but they will not improve under this c.unt manager, and no big or ambitious clubs will want to sign footballers who look limited with the ball
Luxembourg have better players than we have.

:D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:03 am

I have a son who is now playing his youth football with a league of Ireland club - when he joined them I would have classed him as a footballing centre back who needed to be a bit more aggressive in the tackle, and sometimes faster on the ball. Within 3 months he has now become a centre back that hoofs the ball forward frequently and has actually regressed as a footballer (although he has improved defensively). People who see him play now will automatically dismiss him as a footballer and that saddens and angers me, but the alternative (if he wants to play underage league of Ireland) is to look to join a Dublin club, and that would entail the best part of a 4 hour round trip (including the training itself) twice during the week for training, and the same again on a Saturday for a game, and during the school year it simply is not feasible.
TBH augie placing him in a Dublin club might not be the answer either... most clubs up here are now following that path of coaching the expressive adventure out of kids and teaching them limited "systems" of play. My 12 year old son is an attacking midfielder and sometime striker and he is quite good technically but his coaches are drilling the concept of bypassing the midfield into their team. There are times he just spends half the game trying to get a touch of the ball, often dropping too deep or playing too advanced, and then the thick cúnt coach is yelling at him to "stay in the middle". He has regressed as a player too and it is pissing me off big time. :x

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

I hope the irony of a Swiss player unfairly denying his beloved norn iron is not lost on scouse supporting colin stefan handball henchoz murray, you winey c :censored: t

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Come on Sweden :gus: :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

arseofacrow wrote:
Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:15 pm
Come on Sweden :gus: :barscarf:
Well the certainly did come on and they went through..The stats at the end were so lopsided yet you had to feel Sweden deserved to go through..
It will be strange not having Italy in the World Cup.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Oirland v Denmark!... :?

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Might switch on before I go to bed for the penalties :roll:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Leyton Gooner wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:51 pm
Might switch on before I go to bed for the penalties :roll:
The Danish will sizzle em!..... :twisted:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

I'm not sure what to watch tonight - will it be two of the world's footballing superpowers playing out a high calibre friendly to gain some insight as to who is more likely to lift the big prize in Russia next Summer? Or shall I watch a couple of minnows scrapping it out in the play offs in Dublin?

What's a man to do?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Feck the Paddys are 1-0 up in five minutes, glad I took the 23/10 price before the off..... :lol:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Oops....this is really looking unfortunate now :D

Leyton Gooner
Location: Lokomotiv Plovdiv in the Channel 5 Thursday night cup

Post by Leyton Gooner »

Never mind there's more rugger soon. Their hangers on can have a good old craic as they demolish the giants of Fiji on Saturday :wink:

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Has Keano gone off and taken his dog for a walk at half time :D

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Where's the Guinness?....

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

SteveO 35 wrote: