As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Nos89

Re: 89

Post by Nos89 »

corkbarry wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:52 am
Great as that win was and the team, if this forum was around then we would have been moaning in the previous few weeks calling them bottlers and writing Graham out.
Can you imagine the outrage on this forum, had it existed, after the home defeat by Derby?

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:08 pm
corkbarry wrote:
Great as that win was and the team, if this forum was around then we would have been moaning in the previous few weeks calling them bottlers and writing Graham out.
Can you imagine the outrage on this forum, had it existed, after the home defeat by Derby?
Would've been ok mate. Didn't have some of the counts who support the club these days. :rubchin: :roll:

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

arseofacrow wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:44 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:08 pm
corkbarry wrote:
Would've been ok mate. Didn't have some of the counts who support the club these days. :rubchin: :roll:
Yep, probably right on that one.

Grant jones

Post by Grant jones »

Got this for a Christmas present from my kids, managed today to sit down on my own and enjoy it! This game comes right smack bang in the middle of my Arsenal supporting years, and it feels almost like I’ve come full circle, hadn’t won it for 18 years next year it’ll be 15! Also never expected to cry a couple of times but fuck me it’s emotional! When Wrighty loses it I challenge anyone not to beak down with him! Two things come across more than any other, how the team actually received a structured coaching and w how together they all were, I think they would have killed and died for each other! PS would love to see a similar thing made about the 2004 team!

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

I watched it last night and it didn't disappoint which is rare for Arsenal these days. So here's the question. What were the inflatable bananas all about back then ?

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

supergeorgegraham wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:51 am
I watched it last night and it didn't disappoint which is rare for Arsenal these days. So here's the question. What were the inflatable bananas all about back then ?
Inflatables were the ‘in thing’ to take to footie in the late 80s. Why? Who knows but it was a craze. I remember Grimsby fans taking inflatable haddocks

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

man city started it, imre varadi (imre banana) yeah, don't get it either. manc *word censored* 8)

augie

Post by augie »

Watched it last night myself, and I have to admit that I got chocked up watching it too. The unity, the game planning and the emotion and affection for the club from the players, was visible for all to see. These days 99.9% of footballers treat their clubs and fans with a mixture of contempt and false appreciation, and it really gets on my tits - those players had a bond with the fans and enjoyed partying with them all night afterwards, and I really miss the game of football as we grew up with :cry:

On a side note, I was shocked when it showed the ITN news clip from the evening of the Hillsborough tragedy, and the news reader said that 93 SOCCER fans had died at the game - I thought that calling the game "soccer" does not happen in England ? :shock:

Almunia is a clown

Post by Almunia is a clown »

augie wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:16 pm
- I thought that calling the game "soccer" does not happen in England ? :shock:
Usually used by upper class posh tarquin's who prefer rugger, seems that both labels originally came from public school tossers! :cussing:

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:46 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Inflatables were the ‘in thing’ to take to footie in the late 80s. Why? Who knows but it was a craze. I remember Grimsby fans taking inflatable haddocks
Now its caviar and quinoa in the Louis Vitton manbag,

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Bloody hell..Mickey Thomas has just been in my shop picking up some biscuits. Didn't know he lived up this way. A little bit star struck :barscarf:

Perryashburtongroves

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

robbo10 wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:28 pm
Eboue-Why? wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:46 pm
supergeorgegraham wrote:
Now its caviar and quinoa in the Louis Vitton manbag,
It started at Man City when someone brought an inflatable banana in and waved it around shouting Imre Banana when Imre Varadi got the ball. The craze grew from there apparently.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Nos89 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:25 pm
Bloody hell..Mickey Thomas has just been in my shop picking up some biscuits. Didn't know he lived up this way. A little bit star struck :barscarf:
He was probably just a decoy for David Hillier