As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rugby Gooner

Re: 89

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Rugby Gooner wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:19 pm
Watching the DVD as I type.
Real insight into the mindset of the club then,(they could learn a lot from that now),and lovely little reminders of the culture and music back then.
The "Hillsborough" segment was a bit overdone,remember Hysel.
Fuck,I thought that the linesman was going to disallow the first goal all over again. :shock:
Seriously,the ethos of The Club,The Manager,and The Players back then is a million light years away from the acceptance of mediocrity that we endure today. :banghead:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

:barscarf: Yaaaaaay! :barscarf: Just got in from work and my "89" DVD has arrived...watch that on the week-end with a bottle of the ole Tequila and reminisce :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Oh man.... my beautiful lovely kids have decided they want to get me one of the new training tops and the "89" DVD for Xmas.

Ungrateful bastard that I am I'm now a bit pissed off because that means I can't enjoy watching "89" for another month!! :banghead: :lol: My plan had been to buy it on Amazon, but the kids told my wife they wanted to get me it. I'm so conflicted now... :| :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:56 am
Oh man.... my beautiful lovely kids have decided they want to get me one of the new training tops and the "89" DVD for Xmas.

Ungrateful bastard that I am I'm now a bit pissed off because that means I can't enjoy watching "89" for another month!! :banghead: :lol: My plan had been to buy it on Amazon, but the kids told my wife they wanted to get me it. I'm so conflicted now... :| :wink:
Go to the premiere in Dublin knowing that after Christmas you can watch this anytime you wish...best of every world.
P.S. you should turn down the kind offer of the new training top as it only supports the regime and puts more $$££ into Stan's account.. :D

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:18 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Go to the premiere in Dublin knowing that after Christmas you can watch this anytime you wish...best of every world.
P.S. you should turn down the kind offer of the new training top as it only supports the regime and puts more $$££ into Stan's account.. :D
No, I'm too cool to go to the premiere - it's my new hipster persona. I'm gonna see how long I can act the hipster before I throat punch myself. :D

RE the training top - that very thought crossed my mind tbh. I have not given the club a single penny, dime, euro, cent or pound for a few years now, with the exception of getting my boy the new jerseys every year to try keep him Gooner-motivated. :oops:

Oh, and the missus bought me that beautiful dark blue third strip with the luminous yellow/green trim a couple seasons ago - but it was half price or something.

So, apart from a few hundred euro over the last couple years I've not gi- oh, hang on.... :oops: :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Just throat punched myself. :box: :(

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:25 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:18 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

No, I'm too cool to go to the premiere - it's my new hipster persona. I'm gonna see how long I can act the hipster before I throat punch myself. :D

RE the training top - that very thought crossed my mind tbh. I have not given the club a single penny, dime, euro, cent or pound for a few years now, with the exception of getting my boy the new jerseys every year to try keep him Gooner-motivated. :oops:

Oh, and the missus bought me that beautiful dark blue third strip with the luminous yellow/green trim a couple seasons ago - but it was half price or something.

So, apart from a few hundred euro over the last couple years I've not gi- oh, hang on.... :oops: :lol:
My daughter bought me a training top a few years ago at Christmas..I reasoned that I didn't buy it so it didn't breach my blanket ban on Arsenal PLC products.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Simples mate - Buy it yerself...watch it..then re-wrap it and give it to someone else for Crimbo! ORRRRRRRRRRRRR

Buy it yerself...watch it..and hide that copy of the DVD...then when the kids give it to you on Crimbo morning - Do the usual WOWWW!! :shock: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: Surprise and Delighted thing...then take that (sealed) copy back to the shop or send it back to amazon and get something else with the refund ! :wink: simples.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:26 am
Just throat punched myself. :box: :(
Did you film it? :D

:lol: :wink:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

As I was there I’m assuming I’m entitled to royalties of some sort? Surely I’m classed as an extra?
COME ON YOU YELLOWS

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:42 am
As I was there I’m assuming I’m entitled to royalties of some sort? Surely I’m classed as an extra?
COME ON YOU YELLOWS
You were one of the lucky 40,000 Gooners that were there that night, huh? :lol:

:wink: :wink:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:54 am
Eboue-Why? wrote:
COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Oh yes I was most certainly there and still have the polo shirt I wore that night, and it still fits, and yes you can see me in the corner celebrating!!

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:44 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:
COME ON YOU YELLOWS

Oh yes I was most certainly there and still have the polo shirt I wore that night, and it still fits, and yes you can see me in the corner celebrating!!
:shock:

:rubchin:

That's weird I've never seen a Corner Flag dressed in a Polo shirt before !. :?

:D :wink:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:44 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Eboue-Why? wrote:
COME ON YOU YELLOWS

In which case you have all the payment you will ever need. You were there.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:47 pm
:barscarf: Yaaaaaay! :barscarf: Just got in from work and my "89" DVD has arrived...watch that on the week-end with a bottle of the ole Tequila and reminisce :barscarf:
Just watched 89 with a couple of cold ones Phewww.

Tears of Joy
Tears of Sorrow for Rocky and knowing such a time, moment , event like that will NEVER come again in my life-time
Tears of Remembering when we were once a Family Club, a Classy Club..a TEAM and not all about one egomaniac, still got total shivers, hairs on the back of my neck the whole feeling re-lived....extremely well done. PROUD. :barscarf: