As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
OneBardGooner

Re: 89

Post by OneBardGooner »

Link to the website for promoting the film, also the cinema's the film will be shown at (so far)

https://www.ourscreen.com/create-screen ... Results=12

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Smudger scored a perfectly good goal and all the Liverpool so called ard men all started whinging and moaning like bitches trying to get it disallowed typical cheating scouse cun.ts

Then they're all doing the (low) high 5's with one another and then....1 minute to go...and then

GOAL!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:07 pm
Smudger scored a perfectly good goal and all the Liverpool so called ard men all started whinging and moaning like bitches trying to get it disallowed typical cheating scouse cun.ts

Then they're all doing the (low) high 5's with one another and then....1 minute to go...and then

GOAL!

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
To this day I can't watch That Goal without thinking 2 things:-

1. LUKIC !!!!! WTF are you doing throwing it out????

2. This time Ray Houghton is going to stretch that extra inch and nick the ball off Mickey's toe . . . .

I must have seen That Goal 1,000 times but still those thoughts will not go away.

I've also started analysing each little section (like Barnes not going to the corner flag or Richardson being down injured and presumably will have to go off) and thinking "If that hadn't happened, we would never have seen That Goal"

Best Night Ever

oaodan

Post by oaodan »

What discipline and defence we had back then.At that stage of such a game now, when Barnes has the ball, some stupid *word censored* dives in and gives away free/penalty and kills the game.Back then he is shepherded and then dispossessed, just really good defending.Nobody diving in to give ref a chance of easy hometown decision.Haven't seen it in a Arsenal shirt in well over a decade.What a club we were.

brucers

Post by brucers »

Clash wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:45 am
flash gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:20 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:34 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:51 am
Still the greatest moment ever. And NOTHING will ever match it or even come close. :barscarf: 8)

Had to catch an early morning taxi to the airport last week and the driver had talkshyte on - And those 2 inbred *word censored*.s one a FATDRUNKSLOB the Other a CRIMCUNT - brazil & barton - were trying to make out that the Aguero goal against QPR was as 'definitive' in the history of football.

There will NEVER EVER be another 'It's Up For Grabs Now' moment EVER Ever....ever!

They were also comparing the current man $hitty team and unbeaten run to The Invincibles..

What a pair of brainless, talentless CUNNTTTSSSS!
The only thing vaguely comparable was united's European Cup final in '99. They must have felt very similar to us in '89

city QPR is nowhere near :x
Agreed about the City game. I've heard people make the case that it was more dramatic because they needed 2 injury time goals. But people forget 10 man relegation threatened QPR relaxed after learning they were safe. We were playing a team fighting for the same thing we were. As you say mate, nowhere near.

Man United also needed 2 late goals but even that doesnt compare really. Thomas' goal was the difference between us and our opponents on the same pitch winning or losing. In contrast, Solskjaer's goal was the difference between Man United winning or extra time ... which would maybe be followed by penalties ... meaning either United or Bayern could still have won it. Dramatic yes but again not anywhere near as crucial.
In 3rd place City...for all above reasons, playing a poor team at home, we were playing the cream of Europe away where they had not been beaten for years by 2 goals and rarely lost at home regardless. It's not like the title had never been won on the last day with a late goal before (89 for example!)

2nd place Utd, cup games are set up to be dramatic due to the nature of a knock out format. A final is a winner takes all scenario. 89 was in essence a final but with the championship title the prize, which is an extremely rare event. The only ingredient Utd have over 89 is that it won them a treble. Coincidentally both games were played on 26 May.

1st place 89, History/fate led us to that point. The reason why the game was played when it was have a bearing....Hillsborough and both clubs refusal to play the fixture when originally scheduled. An unprecedented set of tragic circumstances....but who could have conceived where it would had led to? Even that it was played on a Friday night was unusual as well as beyond the end of the normal league campaign with all other fixtures/ups and downs decided.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:44 pm
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:07 pm

GOAL!

To this day I can't watch That Goal without thinking 2 things:-

1. LUKIC !!!!! WTF are you doing throwing it out????

2. This time Ray Houghton is going to stretch that extra inch and nick the ball off Mickey's toe . . . .

I must have seen That Goal 1,000 times but still those thoughts will not go away.

I've also started analysing each little section (like Barnes not going to the corner flag or Richardson being down injured and presumably will have to go off) and thinking "If that hadn't happened, we would never have seen That Goal"

Best Night Ever
The bit I never understood was why Steve Nichol didn't just chop Thomas down? In those days it would not have been a red and maybe not even a yellow! :lol: As I was watching Thomas run towards goal everything seemed to go into slow motion for me, the hair on the back of my neck was on end, I felt a tingle all over my body, I went deaf, and my peripheral vision seemed to just fucking disappear, and I kept thinking Nichol would just chop him and he didn't. The explosion of adrenaline, joy, dopamine and endorphines when that goal went in was better than all the alcohol and drugs I've ever consumed all put together. :lol: 8) 8)

Fuck citeh and their 89-Lite moment. Playing a shit QPR team that had nothing to play for, only needing to match Manure's result? Whoopie fucking do. Try going away to the best team in the league, indeed one of the best teams in Europe, a team that had just won the FA Cup and were going for a Double at home, a team that had not lost by 2 goals at home in God knows how long, and then having to beat them by two clear goals to win the league not on goal difference but on GOALS FUCKING SCORED, and then winning it with literally the last shot on goal of the season?

Greatest Moment Ever. Greatest Title Win Ever. Nothing compares. Fuck off SkySports. 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

A few Legends at the premiere;

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football ... -premiere/

Oh and for some fucking unknown reason Graeme Le Saux turned up as well.... :oops: :roll: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

brucers wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:20 am
Clash wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:45 am
flash gunner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:20 am
OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:34 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:51 am
Still the greatest moment ever. And NOTHING will ever match it or even come close. :barscarf: 8)

Had to catch an early morning taxi to the airport last week and the driver had talkshyte on - And those 2 inbred *word censored*.s one a FATDRUNKSLOB the Other a CRIMCUNT - brazil & barton - were trying to make out that the Aguero goal against QPR was as 'definitive' in the history of football.

There will NEVER EVER be another 'It's Up For Grabs Now' moment EVER Ever....ever!

They were also comparing the current man $hitty team and unbeaten run to The Invincibles..

What a pair of brainless, talentless CUNNTTTSSSS!
The only thing vaguely comparable was united's European Cup final in '99. They must have felt very similar to us in '89

city QPR is nowhere near :x
Agreed about the City game. I've heard people make the case that it was more dramatic because they needed 2 injury time goals. But people forget 10 man relegation threatened QPR relaxed after learning they were safe. We were playing a team fighting for the same thing we were. As you say mate, nowhere near.

Man United also needed 2 late goals but even that doesnt compare really. Thomas' goal was the difference between us and our opponents on the same pitch winning or losing. In contrast, Solskjaer's goal was the difference between Man United winning or extra time ... which would maybe be followed by penalties ... meaning either United or Bayern could still have won it. Dramatic yes but again not anywhere near as crucial.
In 3rd place City...for all above reasons, playing a poor team at home, we were playing the cream of Europe away where they had not been beaten for years by 2 goals and rarely lost at home regardless. It's not like the title had never been won on the last day with a late goal before (89 for example!)

2nd place Utd, cup games are set up to be dramatic due to the nature of a knock out format. A final is a winner takes all scenario. 89 was in essence a final but with the championship title the prize, which is an extremely rare event. The only ingredient Utd have over 89 is that it won them a treble. Coincidentally both games were played on 26 May.

1st place 89, History/fate led us to that point. The reason why the game was played when it was have a bearing....Hillsborough and both clubs refusal to play the fixture when originally scheduled. An unprecedented set of tragic circumstances....but who could have conceived where it would had led to? Even that it was played on a Friday night was unusual as well as beyond the end of the normal league campaign with all other fixtures/ups and downs decided.
I reckon our cup win in 1979 was just as dramatic as United's 1999 win.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

i hope this film gets the publicity it deserves.

it might open the eyes of a few AKBs to the fact that Arsenal were actually creating drama and winning titles long before Wenger infected the club.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:47 am

Oh and for some fucking unknown reason Graeme Le Saux turned up as well.... :oops: :roll: :lol:
Apparently Steve Bould said more in that one evening than he has since he signed on to become wenger's "assistant".

I'm surprised but very glad and relieved that, that cun.t wenger didn't turn up and try and grab all the lime-light with his me me me me it's all because I live on the planet attitude.

I am really looking forward to seeing this. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:28 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:47 am

Apparently Steve Bould said more in that one evening than he has since he signed on to become wenger's "assistant".

I'm surprised but very glad and relieved that, that cun.t wenger didn't turn up and try and grab all the lime-light with his me me me me it's all because I live on the planet attitude.

I am really looking forward to seeing this. :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
he should watch a DVD of the match though - he might learn about how to defend in a big match.
when was the last time a Wenger led Arsenal team won a "big" league match away at their opponents without conceding a goal :rubchin:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

phpBB [video]

:barscarf: . :barscarf: . :barscarf: . :barscarf: . :barscarf: . :barscarf: . :barscarf: . :barscarf: . :barscarf: . :barscarf: . :barscarf:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Dublin Premiere December 11th Sugar Club Leeson St..details of guests , tickets etc to follow..

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

I've just watched the above clip, and for the first time I realised what a classy goal it was. Previously, I'd only ever felt the emotions all over again, but that was a goal fit to win any match.

At the time I was screaming for Lukic to hoof the ball forward, and David Seaman said last night that just about every GK would've done so, but by immediately throwing the ball to Dixon he left a surprising number of Liverpool players on the wrong side of the ball.

Dixon's ball to Smudger was controlled and accurate, Smudger's control and delicate chip into Thomas' path was class and Mickey's first touch was perfect, his balls of steal to wait, wait, wait and then the skill to dink it over Grobbelar was incredible.

Some people have said that Nicol should have chopped Mickey down, but by the time he was near enough they were in the area.

Mickey always plays it down when he's asked about it, but it was fucking brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:21 pm
I've just watched the above clip, and for the first time I realised what a classy goal it was. Previously, I'd only ever felt the emotions all over again, but that was a goal fit to win any match.

At the time I was screaming for Lukic to hoof the ball forward, and David Seaman said last night that just about every GK would've done so, but by immediately throwing the ball to Dixon he left a surprising number of Liverpool players on the wrong side of the ball.

Dixon's ball to Smudger was controlled and accurate, Smudger's control and delicate chip into Thomas' path was class and Mickey's first touch was perfect, his balls of steal to wait, wait, wait and then the skill to dink it over Grobbelar was incredible.

Some people have said that Nicol should have chopped Mickey down, but by the time he was near enough they were in the area.

Mickey always plays it down when he's asked about it, but it was fucking brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You were bang on the money up until the bit about Thomas' first touch. :lol: Watch it again from behind the goal, his first touch was terrible, it bounced high off his ankle/shin and was going miles away from him until it very luckily hit Nichol and bounced right back into Thomas' path. At that point Nichol should have chopped him down, miles outside the area. It was a great goal but it had a huge element of luck in it too, which is why Thomas plays it down.

Have to agree though it took real balls to delay that shot as long as he did, especially as he had totally fluffed a similar effort minutes earlier. I remember screaming at him "Fucking hit it!!!" At that moment my heart was literally in my mouth. :lol: