As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GranadaJoe

Re: 89

Post by GranadaJoe »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:28 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:21 pm
I've just watched the above clip, and for the first time I realised what a classy goal it was. Previously, I'd only ever felt the emotions all over again, but that was a goal fit to win any match.

At the time I was screaming for Lukic to hoof the ball forward, and David Seaman said last night that just about every GK would've done so, but by immediately throwing the ball to Dixon he left a surprising number of Liverpool players on the wrong side of the ball.

Dixon's ball to Smudger was controlled and accurate, Smudger's control and delicate chip into Thomas' path was class and Mickey's first touch was perfect, his balls of steal to wait, wait, wait and then the skill to dink it over Grobbelar was incredible.

Some people have said that Nicol should have chopped Mickey down, but by the time he was near enough they were in the area.

Mickey always plays it down when he's asked about it, but it was fucking brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You were bang on the money up until the bit about Thomas' first touch. :lol: Watch it again from behind the goal, his first touch was terrible, it bounced high off his ankle/shin and was going miles away from him until it very luckily hit Nichol and bounced right back into Thomas' path. At that point Nichol should have chopped him down, miles outside the area. It was a great goal but it had a huge element of luck in it too, which is why Thomas plays it down.

Have to agree though it took real balls to delay that shot as long as he did, especially as he had totally fluffed a similar effort minutes earlier. I remember screaming at him "Fucking hit it!!!" At that moment my heart was literally in my mouth. :lol:
Mickey himself talks about the ball richoceting between him and Nicol, but I prefer to remember it my way.

Watching that cünt Aldridge snatch his hand away from O'Leary's attempted handshake still makes me laugh.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:39 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:28 am
GranadaJoe wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:21 pm
I've just watched the above clip, and for the first time I realised what a classy goal it was. Previously, I'd only ever felt the emotions all over again, but that was a goal fit to win any match.

At the time I was screaming for Lukic to hoof the ball forward, and David Seaman said last night that just about every GK would've done so, but by immediately throwing the ball to Dixon he left a surprising number of Liverpool players on the wrong side of the ball.

Dixon's ball to Smudger was controlled and accurate, Smudger's control and delicate chip into Thomas' path was class and Mickey's first touch was perfect, his balls of steal to wait, wait, wait and then the skill to dink it over Grobbelar was incredible.

Some people have said that Nicol should have chopped Mickey down, but by the time he was near enough they were in the area.

Mickey always plays it down when he's asked about it, but it was fucking brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You were bang on the money up until the bit about Thomas' first touch. :lol: Watch it again from behind the goal, his first touch was terrible, it bounced high off his ankle/shin and was going miles away from him until it very luckily hit Nichol and bounced right back into Thomas' path. At that point Nichol should have chopped him down, miles outside the area. It was a great goal but it had a huge element of luck in it too, which is why Thomas plays it down.

Have to agree though it took real balls to delay that shot as long as he did, especially as he had totally fluffed a similar effort minutes earlier. I remember screaming at him "Fucking hit it!!!" At that moment my heart was literally in my mouth. :lol:
Mickey himself talks about the ball richoceting between him and Nicol, but I prefer to remember it my way.

Watching that cünt Aldridge snatch his hand away from O'Leary's attempted handshake still makes me laugh.
:lol:

It could have bounced off both their arms and it would still be one of the greatest goals of all time. :lol: 8)

That bell end Aldridge at the time was a bit of a legend among Oirish fans as he was supposedly really friendly, down to earth, and would oft be seen having a pint or ten with the fans after Oireland games, but that night when he petulantly snubbed his Oireland team mate and did not have the grace to shake hands, to me he was and always will be just a cúnt. :censored:

I read later that O'Leary claimed Aldridge apologised and blamed the emotions of Hillsborough and the night that was in it etc, but to me he will always be the sore losing bitter cúnt he was that night.

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:02 pm
Link to the website for promoting the film, also the cinema's the film will be shown at (so far)

https://www.ourscreen.com/create-screen ... Results=12
Thanks for this.

Cannot wait to watch this! Love hearing about these things as a relatively new 'all-on' supporter

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Bradywasking wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:38 pm
Dublin Premiere December 11th Sugar Club Leeson St..details of guests , tickets etc to follow..
Was going to bring my son to this but then spotted that Alpha Flip Flopper and club propagandist-in-chief Arseholeblog is some kind of "guest of honour" or some such shit... :roll: :x

https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/arsenal-89- ... ff=efblike

Think I'll pass and just buy the Blu-Ray off Amazon...

Was hoping the "Special Guest" mentioned would be Arsenal Legend Kwame Ampadu.... :D :wink:

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:29 am
Bradywasking wrote:
Dublin Premiere December 11th Sugar Club Leeson St..details of guests , tickets etc to follow..
Was going to bring my son to this but then spotted that Alpha Flip Flopper and club propagandist-in-chief Arseholeblog is some kind of "guest of honour" or some such shit... :roll: :x

Was hoping the "Special Guest" mentioned would be Arsenal Legend Kwame Ampadu.... :D :wink:

We had an Irish Arsenal reserve player at a Dublin Arsenal Supporters Club meeting in 1992. Not Kwame, a different young lad who told us in his own "humble" opinion that he was better than Ian Wright...Never heard of him after that night.
I will probably go to The Sugar Club for the Premiere but I fear it will be full of Superfans and we may even get a chorus of "There's only one...."

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bradywasking wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 6:36 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

We had an Irish Arsenal reserve player at a Dublin Arsenal Supporters Club meeting in 1992. Not Kwame, a different young lad who told us in his own "humble" opinion that he was better than Ian Wright...Never heard of him after that night.
I will probably go to The Sugar Club for the Premiere but I fear it will be full of Superfans and we may even get a chorus of "There's only one...."
Well best play it Safe mate and take along your "WENGER OUT" Banner and T-shirt. :wink:

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Bradywasking wrote:

He dresses up being on the wrong side of history as considered opinion. No arselick, it's poor judgement plain and simple. But hey, that's what Arsenal pays him for.

Wanker and c :censored: t

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ohhh! Shut Up Pleat!

phpBB [video]

PAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :barscarf: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:47 pm
Ohhh! Shut Up Pleat!

phpBB [video]

PAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUUULLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :barscarf: :barscarf:
Goosebumps, every, single, time :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

And then some ! :D :high5: :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Our Captain - THE Captain The One and Only Mr Arsenal. :bowing21: :bowing21: :bowing21:

phpBB [video]

IW8Goalmachine

Post by IW8Goalmachine »

Was Jack the only member of the squad who attended the screening?

surely all of them got an invite.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:05 pm

It was international week wasn't it? Theo has no excuse then! :lol:

Wenger would have been doing his second job on French tv... he doesn't earn enough at arsenal to treat it as a full time Job. :box:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

g88ner wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:24 pm
IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:05 pm

It was international week wasn't it? Theo has no excuse then! :lol:

Wenger would have been doing his second job on French tv... he doesn't earn enough at arsenal to treat it as a full time Job. :box:
Naaah! Wenker wouldn't go because the event wasn't all about him.

Rugby Gooner

Post by Rugby Gooner »

Watching the DVD as I type.
Real insight into the mindset of the club then,(they could learn a lot from that now),and lovely little reminders of the culture and music back then.
The "Hillsborough" segment was a bit overdone,remember Hysel.