Away Scheme

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
arsenalmorris

Away Scheme

Post by arsenalmorris »

alright guys

Wondering if anyone has any advice on how you go about joining the away scheme, I have got a season ticket and imagine there is a long list of people i need to join somewhere but have no info on how to go about this, is anyone able to help at all?

Allgunsblazin

Re: Away Scheme

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Phone em up, usually renewals are at the end of each season...
Remember you pay for all Away games, whether you go or not...

Ave a butchers
https://www.arsenal.com/sites/default/f ... 1%5D_0.pdf

As a Travel Club member with no membership lapses since 2007/8 I am entitled to join the away scheme but TBF I would have to commit to every game.
I do not believe they are taking on new travel club members but I am sure the experienced hierarchy on our forum can shed more light on that...
Good luck!... :wink:

herbert

Post by herbert »

Like Allguns says give them a ring at the end of the season and they will tell you to write or email the away scheme manager asking him/her to put you on the waiting list and then you have to hope that some dont renew

the waiting list is only for the next seasons renewals if you dont get in then you have to write or email the away scheme manager again the following pre season

arsenalmorris

Post by arsenalmorris »

Excellent, Thanks for your help guys

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

herbert wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:24 pm
Like Allguns says give them a ring at the end of the season and they will tell you to write or email the away scheme manager asking him/her to put you on the waiting list and then you have to hope that some dont renew

the waiting list is only for the next seasons renewals if you dont get in then you have to write or email the away scheme manager again the following pre season
Yes Herbert, I remember when I discontinued Platinum after the first 3 seasons, a club sage said whatever you do, keep renewing your Travel Club membership as it came free with Platinum, had not realised how precious those memberships were till you actually see it in the T&C's in black and white..
So for £15 a year it is good value when you go to the occasional game as away credits take a while to build on your red silver membership.... :shock:

Must admit we do not hear too much about how the Away membership works and how they are distributed and or lapsed if not renewed...
It's one of those Illuminati nod nod wink wink scenarios.... :wink:

herbert

Post by herbert »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:33 pm
herbert wrote:

Yes Herbert, I remember when I discontinued Platinum after the first 3 seasons, a club sage said whatever you do, keep renewing your Travel Club membership as it came free with Platinum, had not realised how precious those memberships were till you actually see it in the T&C's in black and white..
So for £15 a year it is good value when you go to the occasional game as away credits take a while to build on your red silver membership.... :shock:

Must admit we do not hear too much about how the Away membership works and how they are distributed and or lapsed if not renewed...
Yes mate its all a bit top secret but based on my own experiences they do seem to make sure that those with the most credits on there travel club membership get the upgrade ,the first season I applied I got on and I put that down to me having only missed three or four away games over the previous 3 seasons but my son tried at the same time and has tried every season since but no joy and he only has 20 to 30 credits on his TC membership

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

herbert wrote:
Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:00 pm
Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:33 pm
herbert wrote:

Yes mate its all a bit top secret but based on my own experiences they do seem to make sure that those with the most credits on there travel club membership get the upgrade ,the first season I applied I got on and I put that down to me having only missed three or four away games over the previous 3 seasons but my son tried at the same time and has tried every season since but no joy and he only has 20 to 30 credits on his TC membership

If I remember correctly away credits are based on two seasons or was it one and a half? :?

herbert

Post by herbert »

Two season's but the away credits you get in the third season are added to the ones you collected in the two previous season's so someone who rarely misses an away game can have 70 to 80 credits by the end of the third season

herbert

Post by herbert »

And then they nick some of em back :D

vidleste

Post by vidleste »

Hi guys we have a couple of season tickets but have been going to away games for a few years on other people's memberships. Just wondering how can you build your points on our season tickets when all sold usually before it gets to 30+ away points. :barscarf:

NickF

Post by NickF »

vidleste wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:32 am
Hi guys we have a couple of season tickets but have been going to away games for a few years on other people's memberships. Just wondering how can you build your points on our season tickets when all sold usually before it gets to 30+ away points. :barscarf:
Short answer, you can't. The away scheme is totally abused by people buying ticket with no intention of going, but they know they will be able to get their money back from people who do want to go. I've seen away tickets on sale on this site when they haven't even sold out yet. Really don't know what the answers is to this problem.

The only real hope of getting credits are midweek cup games which are a long distance to travel, but in recent years we always seem to get home draws.

vidleste

Post by vidleste »

NickF wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:58 am
vidleste wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:32 am
Short answer, you can't. The away scheme is totally abused by people buying ticket with no intention of going, but they know they will be able to get their money back from people who do want to go. I've seen away tickets on sale on this site when they haven't even sold out yet. Really don't know what the answers is to this problem.

The only real hope of getting credits are midweek cup games which are a long distance to travel, but in recent years we always seem to get home draws.
I know it's really annoying thought we'd at least get some Europa trips in but didn't even get to us. With no away fixtures in the cup we've got no chance. Apart from those selling on here