Red star, away, Europa league Thurs 19th oct

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
flash gunner

Re: Red star, away, Europa league Thurs 19th oct

Post by flash gunner »

Proper old fashioned fixture.... Looking forward to it

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:22 am
Proper old fashioned fixture.... Looking forward to it
Absolutely...why we left Highbury, so the dinosaur could take us back in time :cussing: :banghead: :cussing:

Midz

Post by Midz »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:40 am
will we be wearing our "blue" kit for this one ?
Don't know why we wore the blue kit vs Watford as the Red & white would in no way have clashed. Oh wait..it's all about £££ selling kits.

Midz

Post by Midz »

Didn't Man Utd introduce a 4th kit once a few years back. I seem to remember something about that?

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Don't know where to post this, so this will have to do....just watched scum walk out against Real at the Bernebau...huge night, massive crowd, big, big European night and now I know why we left Highbury.... so we would have plenty of free time to watch this.

PRICK!! Fucking hate him.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Sorry but if I hadnt lost my job Id have deffo gone here and Belarus. Remember going to Hadjuk Spilt in the late 70's and loving it. Serbia must be an interesting place too. screw the football its the craic for euro awaydays.

General

Post by General »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:52 pm
Don't know where to post this, so this will have to do....just watched scum walk out against Real at the Bernebau...huge night, massive crowd, big, big European night and now I know why we left Highbury.... so we would have plenty of free time to watch this.

Pochettino is an excellent manager. He goes to Real Madrid, plays 2 upfront and doesn't get outclassed. Scum probably should've won. This game descends into a farce with Wonga in charge and we would've got hammered badly playing with two strikers. We are the last big club to benefit from genuine tactical football and the more you watch the CL the more you realise how we've been misrepresenting the PL for years.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

xisstential wrote:

out of all the things to be annoyed about, not being in the CL GROUP STAGE this season, after we've endured the tedium of it for the last 20 years, is so far down the list it's not worth the effort. :cescisgod:

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Maybe Spurs winning the CL is what it will take to get our zombie like fanbase to protest... no I doubt it

:banghead:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:19 pm
xisstential wrote:

out of all the things to be annoyed about, not being in the CL GROUP STAGE this season, after we've endured the tedium of it for the last 20 years, is so far down the list it's not worth the effort. :cescisgod:
Tbh I don't know if I am upset about not being in it. It's pointless being in it with Wenger in charge....I watched the entire game, Real would have hammered us last night...hell either of those teams would have!!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:23 pm
Maybe Spurs winning the CL is what it will take to get our zombie like fanbase to protest... no I doubt it

That thought crossed my mind last night, I wonder how Wenger would spin it...............

Look...the CL is not tough like back when we were .... :blah: :blah: :blah:

And the sheep would nod :banghead:

markyp

Post by markyp »

that was painful watching the scum last night,organised and well drilled and with a world class keeper,everything we aren't and don't have,you cant help thinking that if that was us against Real it would have ended up a cricket score in fact you know it would have been

Bunting14

Post by Bunting14 »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:23 pm

Multiply Chelsea winning it in 2012 by a 1000 and it still wouldn't ease the resulting pain

Herd

Post by Herd »

Why any of you even let them into your life amazes me ,I would rather lick my ex wife's mothers fanny than even think about them.
What possible pleasure can you have watching them ,haven't you seen what that does to people?,
A lifetime of pain turns them into very ugly minded people and they breed and force their kids to suffer too !
As for praising them or being jealous of their manager or players ,fuck right off you cowardly peasants .
Lets get some perspective here ,we are in a gently falling kind of limbo,it's nothing to the pain and suffering they have endured and will continue to endure for as long as they live.
Our situation is frustrating ,annoying even but it's fuck all to the shame and humiliation of being a swamp dweller.
Even last season their best for years and which they finished above us ,we won a trophy,they won fuck all .......again !
Lighten up ,keep calm and laugh at tottingham !
Last edited by Herd on Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Hope Ozil gets a game tomorrow - there's no reason to keep him at home.

Needs a jolly good kick up the backside (and a P45) :D