Red star, away, Europa league Thurs 19th oct

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
worthing_gooner

Re: Red star, away, Europa league Thurs 19th oct

Post by worthing_gooner »

Caught a bit of the Spurs game on that BT Sport goals show and can only really echo what people above have said - they were well organised, confident and probably the better team on the night overall, perhaps a little unfortunate not to have won the game.

People burying their head in the sand on this issue are part of the problem to be honest. The reality is that we've stagnated so much under Wenger that shite like Tottenham have not only caught, but are actually arguably now better than we are. When you look at our resources and our superior starting XI on paper, we really are shooting ourselves in the foot every season with inept coaching and management. Say all you like about not bothering with them, then wake up and smell the coffee because that's the reality of the situation we're facing.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Our own problems are exactly that ours, doesn't mean I have to watch them or laud them though does it !
We should be doing better but we aren't ,we all know that's because of Wenger .
I despise them !

Dicko

Post by Dicko »

Put myself down for helping out at primary school disco not checking it was an early kick-off. Doh! Nicer than some of the things suggested above though :!:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Herd wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:53 pm
Our own problems are exactly that ours, doesn't mean I have to watch them or laud them though does it !
I despise them !
100% this ^^.

Fuck all this "they are a superb team with a superb manager" horseshit some supposed Gooners are posting on here. They are a pack of feral cúnts that are having a "golden" period of wow qualifying once or twice in 20 years for a shit CL competition, finishing above us once in 20+ years and still winning nothing. Pull your fucking heads in ffs. Porkychubbino will be managing back in Spain within a couple years and they will slip back to being the shit mid table nothings they've been for over half a century. Golden period? Golden shower more like. :roll:

JoshIM2150

Post by JoshIM2150 »

Only realized last night that it was an early kick-off. I can leave work early to watch at home but should I even bother? Maybe just to see Jack

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:16 am
Herd wrote:
I despise them !
100% this ^^.

Fuck all this "they are a superb team with a superb manager" horseshit some supposed Gooners are posting on here. They are a pack of feral cúnts that are having a "golden" period of wow qualifying once or twice in 20 years for a shit CL competition, finishing above us once in 20+ years and still winning nothing. Pull your fucking heads in ffs. Porkychubbino will be managing back in Spain within a couple years and they will slip back to being the shit mid table nothings they've been for over half a century. Golden period? Golden shower more like. :roll:
would normally agree with those sentiments.
only problem is that they are going to have a better stadium than us within a year or 2, with a better team and a better manager...

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Didn't we go to Madrid and beat the Galaticos?

Only Ronaldo would get into that team and we had Senderos at the back. Their draw totally overhyped.

Belgrade will be tougher opponents than Maribor. A draw would be a good result. Jack has to start, surely he has to start.

markyp

Post by markyp »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:45 am
Didn't we go to Madrid and beat the Galaticos?

Only Ronaldo would get into that team and we had Senderos at the back. Their draw totally overhyped.

Belgrade will be tougher opponents than Maribor. A draw would be a good result. Jack has to start, surely he has to start.
the galitcos were epic flops though weren't they? great individuals but as a team pretty shit and won f all if my memory serves me well??

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:44 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:
I despise them !
100% this ^^.

only problem is that they are going to have a better stadium than us within a year or 2, with a better team and a better manager...
Not that I give much of a fuck about stadiums tbh but "better" how? The words I'd use would be "carbon copy soulless Lego Bowl". Their manager will be their manager until a big Spanish or German side comes calling and he'll be gone in a flash. They won't keep their best players without him. Within 2 to 3 seasons of their "better" stadium opening, they will be mid table again with someone like Gerry fucking francis or Wheeler Dealer 'Arry managing them, playing in front of 30000 or 40000 empty seats. Take it to the bank. The loser mentality runs deep in that club.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

A 1-1 draw in Madrid???? DVD incoming :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:13 pm
A 1-1 draw in Madrid???? DVD incoming :lol:
:lol:

Glory glory nights. :barscarf:

:coffeespit:

shu

Post by shu »

just like our last game then !

NickF

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:13 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:44 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Herd wrote:
I despise them !
100% this ^^.

Not that I give much of a fuck about stadiums tbh but "better" how? The words I'd use would be "carbon copy soulless Lego Bowl". Their manager will be their manager until a big Spanish or German side comes calling and he'll be gone in a flash. They won't keep their best players without him. Within 2 to 3 seasons of their "better" stadium opening, they will be mid table again with someone like Gerry fucking francis or Wheeler Dealer 'Arry managing them, playing in front of 30000 or 40000 empty seats. Take it to the bank. The loser mentality runs deep in that club.
I wish ours would. Seriously though as DB10 has already said even if you may think it never, never, NEVER give sp*rs any credit. They are the enemy simple as that.

herbert

Post by herbert »

Herd wrote:
Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:46 am
Why any of you even let them into your life amazes me ,I would rather lick my ex wife's mothers fanny than even think about them.
What possible pleasure can you have watching them ,haven't you seen what that does to people?,
A lifetime of pain turns them into very ugly minded people and they breed and force their kids to suffer too !
As for praising them or being jealous of their manager or players ,fuck right off you cowardly peasants .
Lets get some perspective here ,we are in a gently falling kind of limbo,it's nothing to the pain and suffering they have endured and will continue to endure for as long as they live.
Our situation is frustrating ,annoying even but it's fuck all to the shame and humiliation of being a swamp dweller.
Even last season their best for years and which they finished above us ,we won a trophy,they won fuck all .......again !
Lighten up ,keep calm and laugh at tottingham !
Amen

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

Pochettino has been a manager since 2009 and won the sum total of sweet FA.

That lot haven't won a trophy in 10 years and even then it was the league cup. It's been 16 years since they won the FA Cup and 56 years since they won the league.

If it's alright with everyone on here I won't knock one out to their world dominance just yet.