Red star, away, Europa league Thurs 19th oct

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Henry Norris 1913

Re: Red star, away, Europa league Thurs 19th oct

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

world class finish from giroud, forget the 1-0 in the bernabeu, this is the mustard :barscarf:

MrT

Post by MrT »

GoonerMuzz wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:56 pm
MrT wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:49 pm
This must be about the 5th game this season where I have forgotten we were playing. Missed fucked all by the looks of it.
You've not even missed that much :wink:
Caught it just before half time, put it on mute and forgot to come back to it again.

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Another good away victory in Europe.
Top of the group.
Will almost certainly qualify.
Good squad rotation.
Good use of the youngsters.

BUT - how can I possibly enjoy any of that when I know that Wenger will fuck it up spectacularly at some point between now and May ????? He always does!

A club with our vast resources should be able to win the Europa League but, history tells us - not with Wenger in charge.

rodders999

Post by rodders999 »

The thing I've found most disappointing about watching the young lads in both the europa league and league cup this season is the fact that they all seem so fucking bland.

Nobody wants to stick their head above the crowd and try to beat a man with a bit of skill or a drop of the shoulder. No incisive pass, no flair - nothing. They get the ball and look for the safe sideways or backwards pass leading to absolutely fuck all. Drab, nothing play.

I see no one who wants to take the game by the scruff of the neck and drive at the opposition, nobody capable of creating something from nothing.

Jack stood out a country mile tonight as the one guy who has all of the qualities I've outlined above, the rest are all fucking beige as far as I'm concerned.

I can't see any of them ever forging a career at the club or the top division for that matter. Rhys Nelson the most disappointing so far, just 90 minutes of absolutely nothing from him again.

The future's shite.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Boring! Boring! Arsenal!
No irony here, just really boring.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:19 pm
Boring! Boring! Arsenal!
Yep, bland and boring corporate 'club' off the field and just as bland and boring on it, really finding it hard to give a sh*t these days, had game on in the background but didn't actually watch a minute of it..

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

rodders999 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:51 pm
The thing I've found most disappointing about watching the young lads in both the europa league and league cup this season is the fact that they all seem so fucking bland.

Nobody wants to stick their head above the crowd and try to beat a man with a bit of skill or a drop of the shoulder. No incisive pass, no flair - nothing. They get the ball and look for the safe sideways or backwards pass leading to absolutely fuck all. Drab, nothing play.

I see no one who wants to take the game by the scruff of the neck and drive at the opposition, nobody capable of creating something from nothing.

Jack stood out a country mile tonight as the one guy who has all of the qualities I've outlined above, the rest are all fucking beige as far as I'm concerned.

I can't see any of them ever forging a career at the club or the top division for that matter. Rhys Nelson the most disappointing so far, just 90 minutes of absolutely nothing from him again.

The future's shite.
Great post rodders. Nails the fucking thing in one. 8)

This is what we get when a manager is allowed to drill his ludicrous out-of-touch ethos into an entire club. The kids right through to the first team do the same drills, training, diet, etcetcetc and have the same shit tepid retain-posession-at-all-cost "style" hammered into them. None of them will get a great career out of it when they inevitably move onto another club after Wenger finally decides they aren't good enough - because by then they are poisoned and are the next Ox, JET, Aliadiere, Svard, Bentley, Hoyte, Owusu-Adeyie, Karbassiyoon, DENCH-Whateverhisnamewas, Lupoli, Bendtner, Randall, Traore, Lansbury, Eastmond, Watt, Bartley, Chamakh, aw that fucking list is endless. How many of them went on to play for the BarcaWhores, or Real Madrid or became PL and CL winners, or even went onto to star at manure, citeh or the fucking chavs? Wenger sucks the fucking life, the drive, the individuality, the creativity, the guts out of these players and produces bland Walcotts. :roll:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:19 pm
Boring! Boring! Arsenal!
:lol: :lol:

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

What a terrible game :banghead:

Walcott and Giroud were awful, how many times was Giroud sitting on his arse with his arms in the air!!! took his goal well but doesnt gloss over a shite performance and Walcott!!!!! :shock:

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

rodders999 wrote:

The future's shite.

I agree and I've thought for a while that they all look very lackadaisical on the ball; they jog around the pitch, roll five yard passes to each other and, when they lose the ball, they don't seem that embarrassed or bothered.
This collective mentality must originate from somewhere. I wonder where :hmmthink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:32 am
rodders999 wrote:

The future's shite.

I agree and I've thought for a while that they all look very lackadaisical on the ball; they jog around the pitch, roll five yard passes to each other and, when they lose the ball, they don't seem that embarrassed or bothered.
This collective mentality must originate from somewhere. I wonder where :hmmthink:
Cue xisstential.... :D :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:27 am
rodders999 wrote:

The future's shite.
Great post rodders. Nails the fucking thing in one. 8)

This is what we get when a manager is allowed to drill his ludicrous out-of-touch ethos into an entire club. The kids right through to the first team do the same drills, training, diet, etcetcetc and have the same shit tepid retain-posession-at-all-cost "style" hammered into them. None of them will get a great career out of it when they inevitably move onto another club after Wenger finally decides they aren't good enough - because by then they are poisoned and are the next Ox, JET, Aliadiere, Svard, Bentley, Hoyte, Owusu-Adeyie, Karbassiyoon, DENCH-Whateverhisnamewas, Lupoli, Bendtner, Randall, Traore, Lansbury, Eastmond, Watt, Bartley, Chamakh, aw that fucking list is endless. How many of them went on to play for the BarcaWhores, or Real Madrid or became PL and CL winners, or even went onto to star at manure, citeh or the fucking chavs? Wenger sucks the fucking life, the drive, the individuality, the creativity, the guts out of these players and produces bland Walcotts. :roll:
Oh, for those into self harming, here is the complete list of players that have played under Kim Jong-Wenger. Just look at that list and the HUGE number of young failures we have produced and young bought-in players we have ruined, and then go cut yourself;

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... er-6498764

Wenger; "We don't buy superstars, or make them either." :lol:

augie

Post by augie »

rodders999 wrote:

The future's shite.

I watched about 15 minutes of the game last night (early in the game) before being put on homework supervision, and for me jack was the ONLY player with any real quality about him - he was eager to get on the ball and make something happen with his energy and vision, but he was a lone star surround by a field of absolute dross. I said a few months ago that, if it was my decision, I would offer jack a 12 month extension to his present contract, and explain to him that there is a long term deal waiting for him IF he remains fit for the majority of this season - however with the French cock in charge, we are going to see jack being marginalized and treated like shit by being put on the bench behind the woeful midfield quartet of xhaka, the ninny, sir flicksalot and the cant be arsed german, and wilshere will walk away on a free and MAYBE fulfill his potential elsewhere :cry:

On a slightly related issue, how embarrassing must it be for the French lamppost and the wally to be made played in a team of nobodies (jack aside of course) ? These two guys were considered so good by the French wankpot that he put them on deals that is costing our club £300k per week between them ( :roll: ), and now they are being forced to drag their arses around some European backwater shithole just to get a game :lol:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

rodders999 wrote:

The future's shite.
Colourist. :D

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I heard Wenger called the red card "scandalous"???