Everton Away Sunday Oct 22 - 1:30pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
augie

Re: Everton Away Sunday Oct 22 - 1:30pm

Post by augie »

GTG wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:04 pm
I understand the comments about taking each result in isolation but believe me I still see the bigger picture. This season will end the same or possible worse as most seasons do.

However I did take todays game in isolation because what the fuck else can you do at the moment? If I choose to go I just try and enjoy it for what it is because it aint changing anytime soon. It was a good day with a tidy atmosphere in the away end and concourse pre and post game.

I know everton are horse shite but I thought equally we played well yesterday bar Ramsey and Xhaka. There is no way on earth those 2 should be our midfield pairing at the moment on current form.

Sanchez is starting to come to terms with the fact hes here until January at least and is starting to look happy during games again. Ozil put in a performance that says he's been told United are interested. A lot of people either slate or defend him but for me the key difference today was his application.... he was literally everywhere and his goal epitomised that.... desire to make the run and get on the end of the cross. You watch him today and you can see he's got all the abilities of a david silva but for me its the effort levels which make the difference. I appreciate others will think it has a fair bit to do with the team Silva has around him :D

I didn't see the Mertasacker thing until I got home but its a tough one with him..... hes a massive fanny of a centre back but we clearly look better with him in that back 3 in my opinion.

Glad Lacazette got the goal in the end because that chance he missed was criminal if that was Giroud he'd have been slaughtered for it but I have to say Laczettes movement in front of ozil and sanchez does provide us with a lot more.

One final thing I noticed yesterday compared to other performances this season was how quickly we got the ball forward from the back.... it made a big difference to opening them up.

It's funny cos I would class myself as one of the biggest supporters/defenders of sanchez on here, but yesterday I thought he held on to the ball too long at times, and he was angry with a few of his team-mates for most of the game (especially ramsey). I will also hold of praising ozil until I see him play well in a big game against quality opposition - yesterday too many everton players threw in the towel imo, and players of the undoubted quality levels of ozil and sanchez were always going to take advantage of that.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Ozil was MOTM yesterday, so you can guarantee he'll be shyte the next time he plays.

GTG

Post by GTG »

NickF wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:34 pm
GTG wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:04 pm
I understand the comments about taking each result in isolation but believe me I still see the bigger picture. This season will end the same or possible worse as most seasons do.

However I did take todays game in isolation because what the fuck else can you do at the moment? If I choose to go I just try and enjoy it for what it is because it aint changing anytime soon. It was a good day with a tidy atmosphere in the away end and concourse pre and post game.
Seeing as Kroenke is over here, give him and Wenger some abuse???
The problem is there are far too many who will go and just enjoy the games in isolation which is exactly why it "ain't changing anytime soon".
I regularly make my feelings known at games and yesterday Wiggy was getting some from a fair few. Whether that came across to those watching at home I dont know. If something is organised again I will be there with bells on but at the moment I've got a ridiculous amount of shit going on to be able to organise it. My comment was based on the fact that at present nothing is really happening in that regard so the only option is to try and enjoy the match in isolation. The time will come again we all know that.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Clash wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:07 pm
While I acknowledge all the times we've kick-started another clubs season ... something even more common is the opposition letting Wenger off the hook. And I think the latter will be the case again today.

Everton just have too many ways of self-destructing at the moment and its a good time to play what can often be a tough fixture. I can see Everton missing chances, making silly mistakes at the back and even going down to 10 men at some point.

Wenger will then have that smirk on his face because we've finally won an away game and Koeman will be sacked on Monday or Tuesday. Another potential replacement killed off :suicide:
Full house!

How fucking sexy am I ? :D :roll:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

:?
Clash wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:04 pm
Clash wrote:
While I acknowledge all the times we've kick-started another clubs season ... something even more common is the opposition letting Wenger off the hook. And I think the latter will be the case again today.

Everton just have too many ways of self-destructing at the moment and its a good time to play what can often be a tough fixture. I can see Everton missing chances, making silly mistakes at the back and even going down to 10 men at some point.

Wenger will then have that smirk on his face because we've finally won an away game and Koeman will be sacked on Monday or Tuesday. Another potential replacement killed off :suicide:
Full house!

Far too sexy for your shirt my friend.

northbank123

Post by northbank123 »

Have we ever had a CM who gives away the ball with so much reckless abandon as Xhaka? Fucking hell he is a completely brainless liability.

Get Jack Wilshere playing. I know he is made of fibreglass but he has more talent in one of his spindly ankles than Xhaka has in his whole body. Might as well give him a final roll of the dice before we consign him to the scrap heap.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Clash wrote:

Full house!

:lol: :lol:

I'd do ya up the Khyber. If my name was LeftfootlegendGooner. :lol: :wink: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:48 am
Clash wrote:
Clash wrote:

Full house!

:lol: :lol:

I'd do ya up the Khyber. If I had my extendable step ladder with me and I was as handsome as Flash when he drives his tractor with a sofa sprung seat mechanism.. :lol: :wink: :wink:
:mrgreen: :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

StuartL wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:34 pm
:?
Clash wrote:
Clash wrote:

Full house!

Far too sexy for your shirt my friend.
In that case so is Ozil, Walnutt, Rambo, BFV and Cech - Which means they can all fuckk the fuckk off. :D :barscarf:

beck

Post by beck »

oaodan wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:58 pm
This could be our worst start to a season since......last season.
Worst start in 3 years
Won fa cup that season

beck

Post by beck »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:53 am
Nos89 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:02 am
Wasn't expecting that result. Good to see our front 3 starting together. Can't understand how xhaka starts ahead of Wilshere?
Just cos Cech hasn't saved a penalty in 3 seasons with us doesn't make him a shit keeper? What sort of logic is that? I'd rather he save the majority of attempts on our goal then the other way round. Obviously, for some on here he doesn't concede enough goals.
Look at Pickford on Sunday, saved 9/14 attempts on goal, by far and away their best player and still conceded 5.
That kind of says everything we need to know about Arsenal. Everton, arguably the worst form team in the Premiership at the moment, (worse than even Palace) a team in complete and total disarray, yet we still manage to go a goal down, then labour back to lead them 2-1 and only really take advantage when they go down to 10 men. And even then they still scored again. And our supporters are over the moon. As Nick says, it's only October, yet nobody expects us to win the league, losses are taken in isolation and Wenger is still the man for the job. Nobody actually says what that job is but if people were made to say it, it would be to get 4th and back in the CL. That is where Wenger has taken us.

And Cech SUCKS, he is completely past it, he looks and carries himself like an old man. Pickford wasn't their best player, he was just the busiest, they didn't have a best player, they were, and are, dreadful.
Everton beat Man City 2-0 in 12/13
It was 1-0 when pienar got sent off on the hour
They beat Chelsea 1-0 in 10/11
It was 0-0 when beckford got sent off on 50 mins
I reserve the right to still enjoy arsenal games in spite of the fact of wanting Wenger sacked 6 years ago
I also don't believe the title is out of reach
That is a mentality that Wenger has engendered
He ain't having me