Everton Away Sunday Oct 22 - 1:30pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
DB10GOONER

Re: Everton Away Sunday Oct 22 - 1:30pm

Post by DB10GOONER »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:59 am
Hopefully we lose every game - if it means the end of the regime, gone past the point of no return now..

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
It won't.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

sk-gtfo wrote:
Hopefully we lose every game - if it means the end of the regime, gone past the point of no return now..

I never want us to lose. Can't help it. My old man taught us as kids that there are winners, losers and "participators" which is a fancy word for "losers". 8)

I don't condemn other Gooners that want to see us lose, but don't agree with it and never will. It's also a false hope. There is no "greater good" at Arsenal. Nothing on the pitch will affect Wenger's self-determined tenure. Nothing. :|

Wenger decides when Wenger leaves. :x

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:31 am
the really depressing thing about this game is that the narrative will all be about how Ronald Koeman is under so much pressure, and might lose his job.

Wenger will turn up, without having studied the opposition, instruct his players to "play" and then they will get beaten up there like they did last season. the narrative will then be "Koeman has turned a corner" and "same old problems for Arsenal", without of course looking at why it is the same old problems...

Sums it up perfectly...Wenger is accountable to no one..

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

It'll nice to win but I simply cannot see it happening. Koeman is desperate for win, like he was whilst Southampton manager and they smashed us 4-0.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:34 am
sk-gtfo wrote:

I never want us to lose. Can't help it. My old man taught us as kids that there are winners, losers and "participators" which is a fancy word for "losers". 8)

I don't condemn other Gooners that want to see us lose, but don't agree with it and never will. It's also a false hope. There is no "greater good" at Arsenal. Nothing on the pitch will affect Wenger's self-determined tenure. Nothing. :|

That's not true...I know it is highly unlikely but if we got relegated and then started plummeting down the Championship table and the attendance shrunk to half, Wenger would be forced out.

Profits, income, ticket & merchandise sales....those are the criteria that keep Wenger in his job.

Tbh, I cannot see us back in Top 4 again while Wenger is there. But that won't be enough to get rid of him...he will move the goal posts and belittle the CL....he has started doing that already. I believe this will be his worst season in charge.

I hope the fucking roof falls in on his sanctimonious head.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:49 am
It'll nice to win but I simply cannot see it happening. Koeman is desperate for win, like he was whilst Southampton manager and they smashed us 4-0.
Nice to win...... tra la la la lah....

We can only hope & pray, I really do not want to see this noble, gracious, humble man, suffer any more abuse at the hands of our ungrateful fans.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:55 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

That's not true...I know it is highly unlikely but if we got relegated and then started plummeting down the Championship table and the attendance shrunk to half, Wenger would be forced out.

Profits, income, ticket & merchandise sales....those are the criteria that keep Wenger in his job.

Tbh, I cannot see us back in Top 4 again while Wenger is there. But that won't be enough to get rid of him...he will move the goal posts and belittle the CL....he has started doing that already. I believe this will be his worst season in charge.

Can't see that happenning with the way the PL is. He is a better manager than a lot of the shit managers that populate the PL, and we have bigger resources than most of them too. Can't see us getting relegated and certainly not dropping like that down the Championship table. Realistically there is nothing that can actually realistically happen (missing CL, winning nothing, finishing mid table, losing a final against shit) that will affect his tenure. Even relegation (which will never happen under him, like it or not) wouldn't undermine him. His cult members and our cúnt owner will say "he's earned the right...." and "Who else could get us back in the PL..." blah blah blah.

shu

Post by shu »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:28 am
sk-gtfo wrote:

It won't.
Yes I go with that , lose and lose again. Seems crazy but I won't be watching , it needs to change before I am on-board again.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:03 pm
xisstential wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

Can't see that happenning with the way the PL is. He is a better manager than a lot of the shit managers that populate the PL, and we have bigger resources than most of them too. Can't see us getting relegated and certainly not dropping like that down the Championship table. Realistically there is nothing that can actually realistically happen (missing CL, winning nothing, finishing mid table, losing a final against shit) that will affect his tenure. Even relegation (which will never happen under him, like it or not) wouldn't undermine him. His cult members and our cúnt owner will say "he's earned the right...." and "Who else could get us back in the PL..." blah blah blah.
I agree with most of that, we are too big to get relegated. BUT, I do believe that if profits got severely affected by what was happening on the pitch Kroenke would eventually get rid of him. That is the ONLY thing that would move Kroenke's hand...a serious fall in income. I do not believe for one second that Kroenke would be sentimental in business matters, I don't think he loves Wenger for who he is, I think he loves the firm & solid financial footing Wenger maintains at the club....the football is a distant, distant second.

I also think Wenger is a truly shit manager, not because I dislike him so much, I just think he is dog shite. Put him in charge of WBA, Watford, Brighton, Southampton, basically any club not in the Top 8 and he would probably get them relegated.

augie

Post by augie »

Normally I would go along with the theory that we are the team that every struggling team wants to play, but I don't think that it will pan out this time - everton are a club under real pressure, and the fact is that they have too many new players in the team and squad and have yet to bond into a proper team and are lacking that fighting spirit that comes from unity. The atmosphere at their last home game was like a morgue, and I just don't think that they will turn us over tbh.

1-1 draw or 0-1 result 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:59 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:03 pm
xisstential wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:
sk-gtfo wrote:

I agree with most of that, we are too big to get relegated. BUT, I do believe that if profits got severely affected by what was happening on the pitch Kroenke would eventually get rid of him. That is the ONLY thing that would move Kroenke's hand...a serious fall in income. I do not believe for one second that Kroenke would be sentimental in business matters, I don't think he loves Wenger for who he is, I think he loves the firm & solid financial footing Wenger maintains at the club....the football is a distant, distant second.

I also think Wenger is a truly shit manager, not because I dislike him so much, I just think he is dog shite. Put him in charge of WBA, Watford, Brighton, Southampton, basically any club not in the Top 8 and he would probably get them relegated.
Agreed 100% on the money issue, it is all that Wiggy gives a shit about and a serious plunge in club finances would be the only thing that might make him sack Wenger.

TBH I don't fully agree that Wenger is so bad that he'd definitely get WBA, Watford, Brighton, Southampton etc relegated. He has enough to be mid table with those clubs. That of course does not mean I think he is a good manager, he is not, but he is about the same level nowadays as most football managers in the PL, and without our resources he would be shown up for being that level. And that is what is so infuriating about the whole situation. We have a bog standard (at his best) manager who should be at WBA, or similar, managing one of the biggest clubs in the world when only elite level managers should get and retain those jobs. :|

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:13 pm
Normally I would go along with the theory that we are the team that every struggling team wants to play, but I don't think that it will pan out this time - everton are a club under real pressure, and the fact is that they have too many new players in the team and squad and have yet to bond into a proper team and are lacking that fighting spirit that comes from unity. The atmosphere at their last home game was like a morgue, and I just don't think that they will turn us over tbh.

1-1 draw or 0-1 result 8)
Are you talking about Everton or us there in the bit in red, augie? :rubchin:

:D :wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:36 am
Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:32 am
We are the perfect opponents for a struggling team. We'll turn up with our flip flops on and wonder why the nasty opposition don't stand back and admire our beautiful, sideways 5 yard passing routines.

Shitty 1-1 draw
I posted similar in another thread. We are the perfect team to play when you need a big win. Koeman must be wanking himself into a coma at the thought of this gift of a fixture. :roll:

Heart says we nick a lucky draw. :shock:
Head says Toffees win 2-0 with Granny Molester scoring. :censored:
:coffeespit: :coffeespit:

Aaaah! me ole mucker you really do have a way with words sometimes!

:high5:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Thye will beat us saving Koeman from the sack and allowing wenger to use any and every excuse known to failures in life whilst he whines and moans like the Beeeatch he is.

Sean

Post by Sean »

Two shite sides; shite game 8)

Won't be watching :barscarf: