Everton Away Sunday Oct 22 - 1:30pm

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Arsenal Till I Die

Re: Everton Away Sunday Oct 22 - 1:30pm

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

Utter shambolic goalkeeping from Cech for the second goal. I hate it when he pulls those sill stunts; someone must have told the *word censored* he was Ronaldinho after his whack on the head.

Xhaxa doesn't play for Arsenal, he's on work experience. That's the only way to justify it.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Wasn't expecting that result. Good to see our front 3 starting together. Can't understand how xhaka starts ahead of Wilshere?
Just cos Cech hasn't saved a penalty in 3 seasons with us doesn't make him a shit keeper? What sort of logic is that? I'd rather he save the majority of attempts on our goal then the other way round. Obviously, for some on here he doesn't concede enough goals.
Look at Pickford on Sunday, saved 9/14 attempts on goal, by far and away their best player and still conceded 5.

NickF

Post by NickF »

LaughingGooner wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:31 pm
Yes, I'm a first-class idiot.
I celebrate when my team scores 5 goals away from home to win with style.
I guess I am an idiot like the majority of our fan base who is supporting Wenger?!??!?
We aren't going to win the league. We are well behind City, who will walk the league.
But I'll still take delight in our winning performances.
Clearly I'm a very confused supporter...... :D
Not having a go at you personally but the frustration that a lot of people have is the fact that a lot of our support refuse to see the bigger picture. Yes, we beat a very poor Everton side and played well, yet it is only October and you admit we aren't going to win the league this year. Yet the club said that Wenger was the best person to do this.

This has been going on for far too long yet fans are seemingly happy to just look at matches in isolation. As i said on another thread the club has ruined any enjoyment i used to get from the Arsenal as it is quite clear that attempting to win the league is not actually a priority nowadays.

Blade

Post by Blade »

Granit X Still not aware you have no time in mid-field in this league.

Kos adjusted his game after a few games i.e Nial Ranger V Newcastle -Nail Ramger!

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Nos89 wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:02 am
Wasn't expecting that result. Good to see our front 3 starting together. Can't understand how xhaka starts ahead of Wilshere?
Just cos Cech hasn't saved a penalty in 3 seasons with us doesn't make him a shit keeper? What sort of logic is that? I'd rather he save the majority of attempts on our goal then the other way round. Obviously, for some on here he doesn't concede enough goals.
Look at Pickford on Sunday, saved 9/14 attempts on goal, by far and away their best player and still conceded 5.
That kind of says everything we need to know about Arsenal. Everton, arguably the worst form team in the Premiership at the moment, (worse than even Palace) a team in complete and total disarray, yet we still manage to go a goal down, then labour back to lead them 2-1 and only really take advantage when they go down to 10 men. And even then they still scored again. And our supporters are over the moon. As Nick says, it's only October, yet nobody expects us to win the league, losses are taken in isolation and Wenger is still the man for the job. Nobody actually says what that job is but if people were made to say it, it would be to get 4th and back in the CL. That is where Wenger has taken us.

And Cech SUCKS, he is completely past it, he looks and carries himself like an old man. Pickford wasn't their best player, he was just the busiest, they didn't have a best player, they were, and are, dreadful.

Herd

Post by Herd »

I had expected Everton to be up for it but boy was I wrong .
I actually watched the second half ,Everton were so bad it didn't matter that we committed everyone to attack without a care because Everton showed nothing whatsoever !
Their players obviously have issues with Koeman too as they played with less commitment than we normally do .
It shows how crap the premiership is though because we are now riding high again yet we have been dire all season .
On a funnier note I saw the statement from the Banned Evertonian saying how "aggrieved he was" about Everton's lack of security which endangered him and his child against Lyon !
We learn nothing though Xhaka and Ramsey played up front almost the whole match, Monreal is appalling as a back 3 man but Sanchez and Ozil are shining themselves up for the shop window of winter sales !

GranadaJoe

Post by GranadaJoe »

NickF wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:09 am
LaughingGooner wrote:
I guess I am an idiot like the majority of our fan base who is supporting Wenger?!??!?
We aren't going to win the league. We are well behind City, who will walk the league.
Not having a go at you personally but the frustration that a lot of people have is the fact that a lot of our support refuse to see the bigger picture. Yes, we beat a very poor Everton side and played well, yet it is only October and you admit we aren't going to win the league this year. Yet the club said that Wenger was the best person to do this.

This has been going on for far too long yet fans are seemingly happy to just look at matches in isolation. As i said on another thread the club has ruined any enjoyment i used to get from the Arsenal as it is quite clear that attempting to win the league is not actually a priority nowadays.

Wenger needs to go, but the the anti-AW and anti-team bile should concentrate itself in other threads, unless referring to match-day incidents.

A match thread SHOULD consider the match more than anything else. Anyone reading this thread who didn't know the result would think we'd lost 5-2.

Everton were really poor, but we started well, screwed up for their first goal, but continued to play OK. The front three looked good playing together and Ozil in particular seemed to have a bit more drive and purpose to his play.
Even before the sending off we looked sharp going forward and some of our goals were excellent.
Ramsey and Xhaka were woeful but Jack looked streets ahead of them when he came on.

I don't think this signals a resurgence, but most of the posts prior to the match predicted we'd lose, but we won comfortably, so enjoy it for what it is. I remember journeys home from Liverpool when we'd lost.
Norwich and Swansea should continue our mini-revival before the trip to Citeh.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

GranadaJoe wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:28 am
NickF wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:09 am
LaughingGooner wrote:

Wenger needs to go, but the the anti-AW and anti-team bile should concentrate itself in other threads, unless referring to match-day incidents.

A match thread SHOULD consider the match more than anything else. Anyone reading this thread who didn't know the result would think we'd lost 5-2.

Everton were really poor, but we started well, screwed up for their first goal, but continued to play OK. The front three looked good playing together and Ozil in particular seemed to have a bit more drive and purpose to his play.
Even before the sending off we looked sharp going forward and some of our goals were excellent.
Ramsey and Xhaka were woeful but Jack looked streets ahead of them when he came on.

I don't think this signals a resurgence, but most of the posts prior to the match predicted we'd lose, but we won comfortably, so enjoy it for what it is. I remember journeys home from Liverpool when we'd lost.
Norwich and Swansea should continue our mini-revival before the trip to Citeh.
I never back us away against anybody because I know how poor we are but I said before the game that if we score we'd win. Everton are absolutely dire, I never expected them to score, yet they got 2, one with 10 men on the field.

And that is the 3rd time we have played against 10 men this season, would we have scored 5 if they had 11 on the field....I doubt it. Can you imagine us with 10 men against a half decent side, Wenger loooves that excuse when we have a man sent off but never mentions it when we play against 10. It's an irrelevance because it tends to take some of the gloss off the performance.

We are crap, just not crap enough...we basically have 1/2 a team, the rest are absolute pants.

It's quite frightening to think of the hole, Sanchez and Ozil will leave. Maybe Ozil leaving will open the door for Jack but one always feels he is 5minutes from another injury. Sanchez, especially his work rate, will be a huge loss.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

Should have won by more. Very disappointed with both goals conceded, Mertesacker was cowardly for the first and the second :shock: :oops: :oops: :oops:

5-2 is a Sunday League score

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

We did mostly play very well. We were quite fluid in attack and some of our build up play was superb. But of course you have to look at our opponents and no one can say realistically it was not a flat track bully win. There were lots of individual errors from most of our players and that’s where the level of opposition matters – you get away with most of those individual errors against shit like Everton, you get punished for them against the likes of citeh. We could have won 8-0 easily. Everton are THAT fucking bad.

Ozil showed what he can bring in terms of creation and service and dictating the pace. He was simply superb. And equally demonstrated why so many people are frustrated by him, because he now probably won’t play that well again for the next 3 or 4 games. Still, a good man manager and tactical genius like Arsene should be able to sort him out. Any day now. :roll:

Forget Xhaka losing possession, it happens, he made a mistake. Again. Yes, he is shit. But far worse was what immediately followed. The Big German Vagina is a cowardly shameful cúnt. Not only did he not close the Granny Molester, he ducked, AND turned his back on the shot. Fucking big poof. Take the shot in your chest or your face you cowardly fucking vadge. Shameful. :oops: :roll: :censored:

A nice goal from Nacho but he is as guilty as Cech for their second goal. Why roll a short ball back to a keeper you must know is as slow as a one legged turtle? Cech is so far past his best it is embarrassing.

Anyway a good win in a game most of us thought we would lose. My overriding image from it though will be this;

:oops: :oops: :roll: :roll: :censored: :censored:

General

Post by General »

We saw the good, the bad and the ugly here. We didn’t have to weather another late rally thanks to playing against 10men.

Good – Physically we looked prepared for the expected early assault by Everton and you can’t fault the early effort. Everton actually did us a favour by taking the lead because it gave our cowards something to chase.
Bad – We were far too wasteful in front of goal and there was some woeful finishing from Lacazette. Ramsey and Xhaka still look erratic and ponderous in midfield. The game was far from a forgone conclusion at 2-1 and despite our dominance.
Ugly – Supposed club captain Mertesacker pathetically turning his back for Rooney’s goal. We’ve seen this time and time again from different players. Our players just don’t take pride in defending because the fraud is mostly only interested in getting forward. One thing goes wrong and we’re suddenly all at sea. Everton’s second goal just about summed up some of our defending this season. Physically Cech is spent.

Timely win for the flippflopers. I wonder whether those wanting to protest outside the board meeting still have the same appetite.

General

Post by General »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:46 am

Forget Xhaka losing possession, it happens, he made a mistake. Again. Yes, he is shit. But far worse was what immediately followed. The Big German Vagina is a cowardly shameful cúnt. Not only did he not close the Granny Molester, he ducked, AND turned his back on the shot. Fucking big poof. Take the shot in your chest or your face you cowardly fucking vadge. Shameful. :oops: :roll: :censored:
Utterly disgusting from the 2 legged pony and this behaviour exemplifies the easy street culture under Wenger. We win at a canter so everything else gets brushed under the carpet. Rooney doesn't get that shot off against any team that takes pride in defending.

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

We’re gonna win the league

GTG

Post by GTG »

I understand the comments about taking each result in isolation but believe me I still see the bigger picture. This season will end the same or possible worse as most seasons do.

However I did take todays game in isolation because what the fuck else can you do at the moment? If I choose to go I just try and enjoy it for what it is because it aint changing anytime soon. It was a good day with a tidy atmosphere in the away end and concourse pre and post game.

I know everton are horse shite but I thought equally we played well yesterday bar Ramsey and Xhaka. There is no way on earth those 2 should be our midfield pairing at the moment on current form.

Sanchez is starting to come to terms with the fact hes here until January at least and is starting to look happy during games again. Ozil put in a performance that says he's been told United are interested. A lot of people either slate or defend him but for me the key difference today was his application.... he was literally everywhere and his goal epitomised that.... desire to make the run and get on the end of the cross. You watch him today and you can see he's got all the abilities of a david silva but for me its the effort levels which make the difference. I appreciate others will think it has a fair bit to do with the team Silva has around him :D

I didn't see the Mertasacker thing until I got home but its a tough one with him..... hes a massive fanny of a centre back but we clearly look better with him in that back 3 in my opinion.

Glad Lacazette got the goal in the end because that chance he missed was criminal if that was Giroud he'd have been slaughtered for it but I have to say Laczettes movement in front of ozil and sanchez does provide us with a lot more.

One final thing I noticed yesterday compared to other performances this season was how quickly we got the ball forward from the back.... it made a big difference to opening them up.

NickF

Post by NickF »

GTG wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:04 pm
I understand the comments about taking each result in isolation but believe me I still see the bigger picture. This season will end the same or possible worse as most seasons do.

However I did take todays game in isolation because what the fuck else can you do at the moment? If I choose to go I just try and enjoy it for what it is because it aint changing anytime soon. It was a good day with a tidy atmosphere in the away end and concourse pre and post game.
Seeing as Kroenke is over here, give him and Wenger some abuse???
The problem is there are far too many who will go and just enjoy the games in isolation which is exactly why it "ain't changing anytime soon".