The "Bigger Picture" question

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
LeftfootlegendGooner

The "Bigger Picture" question

Post by LeftfootlegendGooner »

Ok this might not go down to well on here, then again what does, well apart from onebard on DB :wink:

Anyhow there are many on here who wish us losing to just about any team (something I don't do but understand the premise) because they are looking at the Bigger Picture.

The question is "would you accept those *word censored* up the road winning the champions league if it meant that the uproar was such that wenger either resigns or is sacked"?

Please don't debate whether or not he would resign or be sacked, it's hyperthetical you *word censored* :lol:

sk-gtfo

Re: The "Bigger Picture" question

Post by sk-gtfo »

No.

If more than just getting rid of Wenger was on offer I might reconsider though.. :wink:

worthing_gooner

Post by worthing_gooner »

No way. That doesn't even bear thinking about.

I hear what you're saying about people wanting us to lose but I'm not sure that's really the case if you look beyond the anger. I think the reality is a lot of people, me included, are just indifferent to it really. When you get battered so many times you become kind of used to it.

A few years ago, if we lost a game it would literally ruin my weekend. Now I'm just a bit whatever about it all - it won't change until the dinosaur leaves so what's the point getting worked up about it? I don't like myself for thinking that, but if we lose on a weekend I just don't care as much as I used to.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

worthing_gooner wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:09 am
No way. That doesn't even bear thinking about.

I hear what you're saying about people wanting us to lose but I'm not sure that's really the case if you look beyond the anger. I think the reality is a lot of people, me included, are just indifferent to it really. When you get battered so many times you become kind of used to it.

A few years ago, if we lost a game it would literally ruin my weekend. Now I'm just a bit whatever about it all - it won't change until the dinosaur leaves so what's the point getting worked up about it? I don't like myself for thinking that, but if we lose on a weekend I just don't care as much as I used to.
Totally agree, I used to get pretty angry when we lost, now I just shrug, we've seen the same sh*t so many times over and it is clear that the MO of the club (corp.) is to make $$$ first and foremost, they don't give a sh*t about results, not really, so why should I?.

Apathy is now epidemic amongst the domestic fanbase, the money men better hope they can keep flogging those tickets to the tourists... :roll: :twisted:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

LeftfootlegendGooner wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:32 am
Ok this might not go down to well on here, then again what does, well apart from onebard on DB :wink:

Anyhow there are many on here who wish us losing to just about any team (something I don't do but understand the premise) because they are looking at the Bigger Picture.

The question is "would you accept those *word censored* up the road winning the champions league if it meant that the uproar was such that wenger either resigns or is sacked"?

Please don't debate whether or not he would resign or be sacked, it's hyperthetical you *word censored* :lol:
I would not go so far as to say "well" but rather I'd say "adequate". :rubchin:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

I don't think he would resign or be sacked. Discuss.

:lol: :wink:

NickF

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:15 am

and I really don't think the uproar would be that great. On here, yes but generally I don't see it nowadays.

On the original question, it was bad enough when Chavski won the champs league as I had always thought it would be us as the first London side. Having the scum win it as well would be too much to take.

:suicide:

LeftfootlegendGooner

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:03 am
No.

3I might reconsider though.. :wink:
You'll have to see Spuddy or onebard for that mate :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:03 am
No.

If more than just getting rid of Wenger was on offer
I might reconsider though.. :wink:
You'll have to see onebard for that mate :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

It's a no from me. Never want to see the vermin win anything, no matter what. There is a line no Gooner should cross.

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:13 am

I would not go so far as to say "well" but rather I'd say "adequate". :rubchin:
:lol: :lol:

LeftfootlegendGooner

DB10GOONER wrote:

*word censored* :lol:

Clash

Post by Clash »

NickF wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:25 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

and I really don't think the uproar would be that great. On here, yes but generally I don't see it nowadays.

On the original question, it was bad enough when Chavski won the champs league as I had always thought it would be us as the first London side. Having the scum win it as well would be too much to take.

I agree with you on this. Wenger would probably even try and claim some of the credit for it having paved the way for English sides in the competition with his 20 year run.

The should have been far more uproar that there was when Leicester won the title. After that there really was no hiding place. It blew all Wenger's excuses away yet it didnt blow him away. Leicester even got beyond the last 16 of the CL at their one and only attempt and no questions were asked of Wenger.

Depsite the above though where Wenger wouldnt bat an eyelid my answer would be a resounding NO! As you say Nick, Chelsea was bad enough and we even had the excuse with them that it was tainted by money. That other lot winning it doesnt bare thinking about. I am extremely confident we wont have to suffer this though.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Clash wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:35 am
NickF wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

I agree with you on this. Wenger would probably even try and claim some of the credit for it having paved the way for English sides in the competition with his 20 year run.

The should have been far more uproar that there was when Leicester won the title. After that there really was no hiding place. It blew all Wenger's excuses away yet it didnt blow him away. Leicester even got beyond the last 16 of the CL at their one and only attempt and no questions were asked of Wenger.

Depsite the above though where Wenger wouldnt bat an eyelid my answer would be a resounding NO! As you say Nick, Chelsea was bad enough and we even had the excuse with them that it was tainted by money. That other lot winning it doesnt bare thinking about. I am extremely confident we wont have to suffer this though.
totally agree with you here.

this was our chance to win the title - various reasons meant that the other top clubs were in a state of transition that season.
we were not , yet we were still not able to provide the greatest competition to Leicester City that season - we left our North London neighbours to try and chase them down. Wenger's failure that season was a total disgrace.

It wasn't just a question of Wenger Out after that - it was pure hated for him

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 10:35 am
NickF wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Wenger even tried to claim credit for that as if his FFP horseshit theories that he had been dragging around like a corpse for years had proven correct and his genius was now unquestionable... :roll: