Norwich Home 24th Oct 19:45

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Norwich Home 24th Oct 19:45

Post by Gunner Rob »

NickF wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:12 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:09 pm

One of the great nights at the Emirates.
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Clearly that was when we won the first half against Bayern...
Lighten up will you.

I am not saying that Wenger is going to win this competition.
I am not saying that the atmosphere has dramatically improved at the Emirates - it hasn't.

but if you don't enjoy nights like tonight then there is not much point in anything.
would I have preferred it if we lost game after game and Wenger was sacked? Probably.
however I think we all know that is not going to happen.

so make the most of nights like tonight - it was fantastic to see a young talent transform the game like that.
the whole stadium was chanting "Eddie Eddie" I have decided this season to be a bit more positive amid the gloom. YOLO

NickF

Post by NickF »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:10 am
NickF wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Lighten up will you.

I am not saying that the atmosphere has dramatically improved at the Emirates - it hasn't.

but if you don't enjoy nights like tonight then there is not much point in anything.
would I have preferred it if we lost game after game and Wenger was sacked? Probably.

so make the most of nights like tonight - it was fantastic to see a young talent transform the game like that.
the whole stadium was chanting "Eddie Eddie" I have decided this season to be a bit more positive amid the gloom. YOLO
It was a joke, which I thought your comment about "one of the great nights" was as well. Clearly I was wrong! :shock:

augie

Post by augie »

NickF wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:19 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:10 am
NickF wrote:
Gunner Rob wrote:

Lighten up will you.

It was a joke, which I thought your comment about "one of the great nights" was as well. Clearly I was wrong! :shock:

I thought that he was joking too - I feel a bit sad for him now :lol: :lol:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

I am hardly saying that it was one of the great Arsenal nights :lol: :lol:

I am just saying that it was one of the great nights at the "Emirates"
how many others can you think of!

in recent years I have seen us lose at home to Swansea and Watford, played in some tedious CL matches or won the odd straight forward league cup game. And that's about it. Last night was a big improvement! :barscarf:

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Barnet and Gillingham have already enquired about Eddie

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:49 am
Barnet and Gillingham have already enquired about Eddie
Not even Palace??? :shock: Fuuuuuuccckkkk.... :oops: :(

:D :wink:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:37 am

in recent years I have seen us lose at home to Swansea and Watford, played in some tedious CL matches or won the odd straight forward league cup game. And that's about it. Last night was a big improvement! :barscarf:
Seriously Rob, I watched until 3/4 way through the 2nd half and I honestly thought we were woeful, Norwich should have killed off the game by the 70th minute.

In fairness we were very good against a dreadful Everton team on Sunday, we were quite decisive going forward and bar a few of the plonkers in the side,the passing was quite quick.......but last night was awful. The crossing of the ball, the mis placed passes, the sluggishness.....and Elneny deserved a straight red.

I have never seen a manager with a more charmed life...another human being in fact.

It really is very sad that such little things now is all we have to excite us. Most of the other big clubs see this Cup as a distraction, for us it's a big one. And Wenger will stick with this team, I'll wager the first away game and we're out.

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:00 am
Gunner Rob wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:37 am

Seriously Rob, I watched until 3/4 way through the 2nd half and I honestly thought we were woeful, Norwich should have killed off the game by the 70th minute.

In fairness we were very good against a dreadful Everton team on Sunday, we were quite decisive going forward and bar a few of the plonkers in the side,the passing was quite quick.......but last night was awful. The crossing of the ball, the mis placed passes, the sluggishness.....and Elneny deserved a straight red.

I have never seen a manager with a more charmed life...another human being in fact.

It really is very sad that such little things now is all we have to excite us. Most of the other big clubs see this Cup as a distraction, for us it's a big one. And Wenger will stick with this team, I'll wager the first away game and we're out.
totally agree - actually until the 85th minute it was poor, and we could easily have lost 2 or 3-0.
all I am saying is that the introduction of Eddie was fantastic, it gave everyone in the stadium and the team a real lift on the night.

don't agree that we're out if we get drawn away though - I pretty much guarantee that we will be out whoever we draw and whether we play at home or away. (the QFs are a couple of days before the Liverpool PL game, and so it will be the same team or worse for the next round)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Eddie's second goal was superb. Looked proper old school too. Went in and dominated their CH's and buried the header. :barscarf: 8)

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:23 am
Eddie's second goal was superb. Looked proper old school too. Went in and dominated their CH's and buried the header. :barscarf: 8)
Don't worry, that'll be coached out of him when he starts training regularly with the first team.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:39 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:23 am
Don't worry, that'll be coached out of him when he starts training regularly with the first team.
:lol:

But also;

:(

True.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Listening to radio last night and usual discussion about the seriousness with which this competition has because of the changes the top clubs make. Well, the Arsenal made 11 changes and 6 of those that made the starting team could well be at the world cup next year.
The point I'm trying to make is that we still had half a team of full International players, hardly weakens the competition. It's when Burton Albion who made several changes in the last round to their usual starting line up, that's when questions need to be asked about discontinuing this competition.

augie

Post by augie »

If this comes back to haunt us, wenker will never make a sub ever again :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously though, it depends on how each person views it, but to me it suggests that each club can make 3 substitutions plus one extra substitution (4 in total) if it goes to extra time - clearly we didn't make 4 in total, but the papers are trying to suggest that making two substitutions in extra time is wrong regardless of any prior subs made :roll: The rule needs to be clarified, but now it will seen as giving in to the big clubs despite the fact that most right minded people seeing that no rule was broken :roll:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

Nos89 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:46 am
Listening to radio last night and usual discussion about the seriousness with which this competition has because of the changes the top clubs make. Well, the Arsenal made 11 changes and 6 of those that made the starting team could well be at the world cup next year.
The point I'm trying to make is that we still had half a team of full International players, hardly weakens the competition. It's when Burton Albion who made several changes in the last round to their usual starting line up, that's when questions need to be asked about discontinuing this competition.
I hope you are not including Theo Walcott as a world cup possible :lol:

because from what I saw last night, why he is still at the club and not playing at a more appropriate level (like non league) is beyond me