Koeman Sacked

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: Koeman Sacked

Post by General »

Paying £50m for Sigurdsson alone is a sackable offence.

There's something about managers being obsessed with players from their previous clubs that annoys me.

Clash

Post by Clash »

General wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:59 pm
Paying £50m for Sigurdsson alone is a sackable offence.

There's something about managers being obsessed with players from their previous clubs that annoys me.
Yeah me too. It hardly shows much knowledge or imagination. Moyes signing Fellaini for Man United when he could have got Ozil was one of the most ridiculous.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:42 pm
As Everton have clearly gone from a club with aspirations to break into the fabled Top 4, to a club that could easily find itself dragged into a season long relegation battle - Sam Allardyce will not be far from their thoughts.

One look at Palace will show them the risks of appointing yet another European coach with high flying ideas.

Trouble is though, every sacking just winds me up something rotten as Wenger continues to bumble about like Mr Bean. Nothing Koeman did came close to the humiliation of the 10-2, the 8-2, the 6-0 or many others. Merge it . . . . . . . .
Well said mate.

As all these potential replacements fail and lost their jobs .. the inevitable ''be careful what you wish for'' cliche will be trotted out, as though somehow Wenger has proved himself to be better than them all. He is just better at being bullet proof.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Totally agree Clash.

All of this " be careful what you wish for" rubbish is so annoying. I wish to support a club that doesn't view routine humiliations as acceptable. I wish to support a club that doesn't put profit ahead of everything else. I wish to support a club that isn't run as a personal fiefdom by an out of touch old has been. I wish to support a club that sacks a serial under achiever.

And as for this notion of appointing a manager that plays "beautiful football" :banghead: Bollocks to that!! Some of the football under George Graham was turgid but I bloody loved those years and the silverware still shines brightly. We could be proud to be Gooners back then. The "never say die" attitude of the players made me so proud. Light years away from the overpaid Nancy Boys we have to suffer under Wenger.
Last edited by Jumpers For Goalposts on Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:48 pm
I bet within 6 posts we are merging this with the Wenger Thread! :barscarf: :lol: :wink:
No doubt TOF will have an opinion on this - just like he does on everything else under the sun (*)

(*) Except wiggy's blood sports TV Channel that is.

Clash

Post by Clash »

Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:22 pm
Totally agree Clash.

All of this " be careful what you wish for" rubbish is so annoying. I wish to support a club that doesn't accept routine humiliations as acceptable. I wish to support a club that doesn't put profit ahead of everything else. I wish to support a club that isn't run as a personal fiefdom by an out of touch old has been. I wish to support a club that sacks a serial under achiever.

And as for this notion of appointing a manager that plays "beautiful football" :banghead: Bollocks to that!! Some of the football under George Graham was turgid but I bloody loved those years and the silverware still shines brightly. We could be proud to be Gooners back then. The "never say die" attitude of the players made me so proud. Light years away from the overpaid Nancy Boys we have to suffer under Wenger.
Couldnt agree more mate. Agree with every word.

It might sound absurd and even perverse ... but results and performances like yesterdays actually make me loathe our manager and a lot of the players even more. If they were just a poor set of players then it might be easier to accept the amount of poor displays we see but games like yesterday just show how often we are getting shortchanged over the course of a season.

Admittedly Everton being abysmal certainly helped and their manager paid the price ... but our players did seem to apply themselves more than usual yesterday as well. Its impossible to be proud of them though. Most of them are capable of performing but usually they will only produce something when they need to save face ... and so then its more about their own self-preservation than it is about their pride in wearing an Arsenal shirt.

And character wise they have something really detestable about them. We all know where that comes from. Giroud cupping his ear to the crowd is a reflection of his manager who a year later called non-abusive protests against him a disgrace. A sense of entitlement exists among them.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

As Everton have clearly gone from a club with aspirations to break into the fabled Top 4, to a club that could easily find itself dragged into a season long relegation battle - Sam Allardyce will not be far from their thoughts.

One look at Palace will show them the risks of appointing yet another European coach with high flying ideas.

Trouble is though, every sacking just winds me up something rotten as Wenger continues to bumble about like Mr Bean. Nothing Koeman did came close to the humiliation of the 10-2, the 8-2, the 6-0 or many others. Merge it . . . . . . . .
Would that be Fwank or Woy :? :lol: :?

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:33 pm

Would that be Fwank or Woy :? :lol: :?
Both of them but especially Fwank de Boer. How can a club appoint a manager and then be surprised when his style isnt conducive to your wishes ?? Almost as stupid as me buying a Ferrari and then demanding a refund cos there's no room for my drum kit

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

markyp wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:24 pm
as the AKB'S would say 'but it was only one defeat' :shock:

And they would be saying he spent far too much cash on crap for Bill Kenrights liking!.... :lol:

beck

Post by beck »

xisstential wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:08 pm
REB wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:02 pm
bilic next to go . only team that dont sack under performing managers is us .
Manager...not managers, Manager!!

Apparently Bilic has 2 more games to prove himself....Wenger has been given 2000

Player power these days is unreal...that arsehole who got himself sent off yesterday..WTF?? Tell me he didn't have an agenda. If I was taking over there, that tosser would be in the reserves until next season.
Wenger should have been sacked 330 games ago

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

beck wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:58 am
xisstential wrote:
REB wrote:

Apparently Bilic has 2 more games to prove himself....Wenger has been given 2000

Player power these days is unreal...that arsehole who got himself sent off yesterday..WTF?? Tell me he didn't have an agenda. If I was taking over there, that tosser would be in the reserves until next season.
After what game specifically would that have been....? :rubchin:

Is it really 330 games since the 8-2 at old shatford???!! :shock:

:wink:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

The Pale Worm Says:

"Be careful or you'll wish for"

:proudtosay:

beck

Post by beck »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:03 am
beck wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:58 am
xisstential wrote:
REB wrote:

After what game specifically would that have been....? :rubchin:

Is it really 330 games since the 8-2 at old shatford???!! :shock:

:wink:
No it's from the 2-1 defeat at white hart lane in the October of that season
As galling as the 8-2 was it felt a bit of a freak
Wenger decided that despite a terrible finish to the 10/11 season
He would leave his transfer business until the end of August when we had already dropped 8 points.
The terrible relegation form ran to the equivilant of half a season by that Spurs game
It mirrored so many of the defeats we had suffered in the intervening years and still do to this day. I believed Wenger deserved the opportunity to put things right after our capitulation at the end of the 07/08 season but alarm bells were already ringing after the debacle at Birmingham where rather than leaving galas on the pitch getting the coach out and leaving the *word censored* there. He walked out and got him, kept him as captain and said he didn't know how to lift a side that were top of the table after eduardo's injury
But 3 years was more than enough for Wenger to make up for his mistakes and he singularly failed to do so
I used to believe it was out of stubourness now I believe it's because he doesn't have the ability
I always had an issue with the issue culture possibly believing he ripped in behind closed doors
But it is impossible for that to be the case when the same mistakes keep being repeated
He needs to be gone immediately

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:05 pm
The Pale Worm Says:

"Be careful or you'll wish for"

:proudtosay:
Here he goes again, sex mad, the pale worm this the pale worm that, sex, sex, sex, sex, sex !

Rush

Post by Rush »

Koeman sacked because he didnt/couldnt sign Giroud :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D