Giroud

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
robbo10

Re: Giroud

Post by robbo10 »

Ultimately,and this goes with for many players Wenger has bought in his tenure at the club,Giroud is not good enough,its not his fault,he just isnt great,the fault lies with Wenger who bought him,it wasnt Giroud's decision to come to Arsenal,its WENGER'S for going in for average players, then having the gall to come out with the "Super quality" bollocks.if I was Giroud/Mustafi/Monreal etc etc etc you'd sign for Arsenal if Wenger came waving the money and contracts,London living and no expectations on the field,a fan base who might boo once if you lose 8-2 at OT,Arsenal is a fucking breeze,so you cannot blame Giroud,as average as he is,he isn't the first and he wont be the last bang average player to pull an Arsenal shirt on under Le Fraud,

NickF

Post by NickF »

robbo10 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:41 pm
it wasnt Giroud's decision to come to Arsenal
I think it actually was his decision, it's not like he had a gun to his head.

Agree with the rest of the post though.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

NickF wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:37 pm
robbo10 wrote:

Yeah agreed,maybe I just worded it wrong,what I meant was if a club like Arsenal comes calling for you,as an average forward, you are going to jump at the chance to go,where-as someone like Aguero or the like have a better quality pool of clubs to choose from,Giroud never had Barca,PSG or Bayern knocking at his door.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

robbo10 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:21 pm
NickF wrote:
robbo10 wrote:

Yeah agreed,maybe I just worded it wrong,what I meant was if a club like Arsenal comes calling for you,as an average forward, you are going to jump at the chance to go,where-as someone like Aguero or the like have a better quality pool of clubs to choose from,Giroud never had Barca,PSG or Bayern knocking at his door.
But Everton did come in for him and they were deadly serious. AND he would have been a first choice there, playing alongside or in front of Rooney..... but he preferred to coast along as a bit part player in a pressure free environment in one of the best cities in the world and for one of the most forgiving managers. Giroud is not, and never will be world class, but he could do a job for you in the right team and given the right role. He is good in the air and can hold the ball up....give him some decent crosses in the box and he will get his head on most of them. But he needs to be at the right club.... can you imagine him in the City line up for instance....when they break and their predatory front line are closing in on goal, Giroud would still be "sprinting" from the centre circle. He can even get away with it playing for us, a so called "Big" club, because our build up play is pedestrian and sluggish.

Ferguson would never have allowed his players to swan about like ours do either, even if they were absolutely world class, which none of ours are. Besides perhaps Sanchez & Ozil, who don't behave like Ramsey, Walcott, Giroud, etc, etc, anyway.

robbo10

Post by robbo10 »

xisstential wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:06 am
robbo10 wrote:
Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:21 pm
NickF wrote:
robbo10 wrote:

Ferguson would never have allowed his players to swan about like ours do either, even if they were absolutely world class, which none of ours are. Besides perhaps Sanchez & Ozil, who don't behave like Ramsey, Walcott, Giroud, etc, etc, anyway.
I've always maintained our squad over the last 10 years would have won the league under Ferguson,he just wouldnt have tolerated the appalling defending or organisation like Wenger allows,and wasnt afraid to let his prima-donnas know how he felt,he knew no-one was bigger than United,sadly Arsene is bigger than Arsenal and thats why we are fucked for the fore-see-able future,