Giroud

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Gunner Rob

Re: Giroud

Post by Gunner Rob »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:02 am
GTG wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:57 am
It was one hell of a goal up there with some of the greatest we've ever scored.

The sour taste for me is not that Giroud scored it because he does frustrate me with all the antics we've all mentioned in the past. Its the fact that he's clearly capable of a lot more.

If he does fuck off in January or the summer I'd be very interested to see how his career goes.

Can another manager get more out of him in a more disciplined environment?

When you look back at some of the goals hes scored for us there are some peaches in there to be fair.

Mind you some of the misses...... :lol:
Agreed. But for me he's a second tier striker. Not shit, like some on here say, but he is not a top striker. At that level they all more or less are technically top notch, the thing that puts some in the top tier is consistency, the mental strength to impliment their technique game after game. Giroud doesn't have that.
no he is not a top striker, he is a top second choice striker and to be fair that is what he now is.

my issue with Arsenal is why the hell Giroud was our first choice striker for the last FOUR years and why we spent £50 million on Lacazette who I don't actually believe is much better than Giroud.

herbert

Post by herbert »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:38 am
FFS we get it lads. Everything is shit. Everyone is shit. :barscarf: :roll:

It was a brilliant goal that had me for one up and cheering. No matter who scored it. Giroud deserved the award. The award was for the goal, it's not some kind of backhanded condoning of Wenger. Jesus Christ, this place has absolutely gone to the fucking dogs tbh. We destroyed the chav in the FA Cup final and all it raised here from some was moans about Wenger. Take some joy in something Arsenal related. You are Arsenal fans first and foremost.

Honestly, and I've said this before, if you are now at a stage where you hate Wenger more than you love Arsenal, where every little thing Arsenal-related is poison to you, then really you need to consider taking a break from it all for a while because that cannot be good for your mental health.

And yeah yeah blah blah I know it's all his fault because of the impact he is now having on the club. We all want the old has-been gone, but he is going nowhere soon. Don't let him ruin everything.

We have a bit of an issue here tbh. Most of our full time mods have packed up and fucked off. They are sick of reading the same repetative negative fucking stuff on almost every thread. Fine, you say, let them go... but the problem is we now have only a couple of mods active enough to read every post on every thread and keep the place open. This place was shut down once before because of a couple of innocent jokes, it is only ever one stupid post away from the owner saying "fuck this I don't need the hassle" and shutting it down permanently.

The tone needs to change around here. I would suggest we keep the Wenger-hate to the Wenger thread and not pollute every other thread by comparing and relating to Wenger everything that happens. We don't want to mod this forum like the old official forum where any post off-topic was deleted etc. But tbh if you guys cannot exercise some self-control we might have to look at something like that. And that would be a real shame because what made this forum different was always the random nature of the threads and the sense of humour of the posters - and the light touch of the mods played a big part in that.

Rant over, bitches. :wink:
Amen :wink: :D

Well done to Giroud it was a fantastic goal and a worthy winner.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:

It was a brilliant goal that had me for one up and cheering. No matter who scored it. Giroud deserved the award. The award was for the goal, it's not some kind of backhanded condoning of Wenger. Jesus Christ, this place has absolutely gone to the fucking dogs tbh. We destroyed the chav in the FA Cup final and all it raised here from some was moans about Wenger. Take some joy in something Arsenal related. You are Arsenal fans first and foremost.

Honestly, and I've said this before, if you are now at a stage where you hate Wenger more than you love Arsenal, where every little thing Arsenal-related is poison to you, then really you need to consider taking a break from it all for a while because that cannot be good for your mental health.

And yeah yeah blah blah I know it's all his fault because of the impact he is now having on the club. We all want the old has-been gone, but he is going nowhere soon. Don't let him ruin everything.

We have a bit of an issue here tbh. Most of our full time mods have packed up and fucked off. They are sick of reading the same repetative negative fucking stuff on almost every thread. Fine, you say, let them go... but the problem is we now have only a couple of mods active enough to read every post on every thread and keep the place open. This place was shut down once before because of a couple of innocent jokes, it is only ever one stupid post away from the owner saying "fuck this I don't need the hassle" and shutting it down permanently.

The tone needs to change around here. I would suggest we keep the Wenger-hate to the Wenger thread and not pollute every other thread by comparing and relating to Wenger everything that happens. We don't want to mod this forum like the old official forum where any post off-topic was deleted etc. But tbh if you guys cannot exercise some self-control we might have to look at something like that. And that would be a real shame because what made this forum different was always the random nature of the threads and the sense of humour of the posters - and the light touch of the mods played a big part in that.

Lucky goal IMO..... Was a terrible cross from Sanchez and he just slung a leg at it.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:43 am
DB10GOONER wrote:

Lucky goal IMO..... Was a terrible cross from Sanchez and he just slung a leg at it.
Well...there's a different take on the best moment of Giroud's career.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Mate I totally agree with alot of what your saying, in particular the mental health part regarding the feelings of some supporters towards the club at the present time.

I do agree that not every thread should be polluted with hatred towards Wenger, Kroenke etc.

Most of us supporters are just so fed up with this club, players and the way they portray themselves as we became so accustomed to a club of class, passion and wanting to do the utmost to win on the pitch.

We all know what we know about Wenger and the board. They have honestly killed so much passion and love towards the club that it's led to the negativity on every social media platform and particularly in the ground.

If Wenger, the sole perpetrator of all this negativity because of his stubborn and arrogant nature actually did what's best for the football club moving forward and left last season, the negativity of supporters and this club would have dissipated dramatically.

Back to your points, yes not every thread should be polluted with Wenger hatred and negativity it's just unfortunate alot of our footballers are completely self absorbed tossers who we all know at the end of the day are picking up an enormous paycheck which we're all jealous of whilst maintaining the status quo that Wenger has set at the club which is one of apathy and excuses for a lack of winning big trophies which this club should be doing since making a champions league bloody final in 2006.

Do you think Barcelona would've tolerated not vying for titles since 2006?

Anyway, negativity side that goal by Giroud was probably up there with one of the best I've seen in my time as a supporter.

:barscarf:

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Giroud is not top class but he's very serviceable. He is far from the main problems at this club.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

xisstential wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:55 am
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Well...there's a different take on the best moment of Giroud's career.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is no point pissballing about, say what you see :lol:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

flash gunner wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:08 pm
xisstential wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:55 am
flash gunner wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

There is no point pissballing about, say what you see :lol:
:lol:

Love it. :lol:

But you are still a cúnt for doubting The Dennis' intentions for The Greatest Goal Ever Scored. :banghead: :box: :censored:

:D :wink:

NickF

Post by NickF »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Most of our full time mods have packed up and fucked off. They are sick of reading the same repetative negative fucking stuff on almost every thread. Fine, you say, let them go... but the problem is we now have only a couple of mods active enough to read every post on every thread and keep the place open.
Well you don't really encourage people to become mods, look at the last poor bastard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzGoZin0sgQ

Did the old ones pack up or just "disappear"?

augie

Post by augie »

NickF wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:15 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Most of our full time mods have packed up and fucked off. They are sick of reading the same repetative negative fucking stuff on almost every thread. Fine, you say, let them go... but the problem is we now have only a couple of mods active enough to read every post on every thread and keep the place open.
Well you don't really encourage people to become mods, look at the last poor bastard.

They don't like sharing power - they are the arsole wenker's of the Online Gooner :barscarf: :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

Some just drifted away, but most have packed it in, they just got sick and tired of reading the same negative repetative stuff over and over. Hopefully some of them will come back after a break.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:34 am
NickF wrote:
DB10GOONER wrote:

They don't like sharing power - they are the arsole wenker's of the Online Gooner :barscarf: :barscarf:
:shock: :box: :censored:

And some of our regular posters are the Songs, Walcotts, Ramseys, Denilsons and Eboues of the Online Gooner. :barscarf:

But you augie, I like to look upon you as the Phil Neville, or maybe the Robbie Savage, of the forum. :rubchin:

:lol: :wink:

beck

Post by beck »

NickF wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:26 am
Am i right in thinking that it didn't even win goal of the month?
It won goal of the month

Rush

Post by Rush »

beck wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:28 pm
NickF wrote:
It won goal of the month
must be for arsenal since carrol bicycle kick won for epl in january

beck

Post by beck »

Rush wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:52 pm
beck wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:28 pm
NickF wrote:
It won goal of the month
must be for arsenal since carrol bicycle kick won for epl in january
Won the BBC 1