Giroud

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Rush

Re: Giroud

Post by Rush »

beck wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:55 pm
Rush wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:52 pm
beck wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:28 pm
NickF wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:26 am
Am i right in thinking that it didn't even win goal of the month?
It won goal of the month
must be for arsenal since carrol bicycle kick won for epl in january
Won the BBC 1
gotcha 8) . definitely forgot that one

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Heard Koeman say yesterday he had Giroud so close to signing, actually had him in the building but at the last minute Giroud decided he wanted to live in London. Just sums the guy up really. He's 31 years old, no kids, probably got 2 or 3 years left in football, cannot get a guaranteed start at Arsenal, has the opportunity of becoming a hero at Everton and help them get into the CL. 2 or 3 years and then his career is done and he can go live anywhere in the world. But no, he'd rather sit tight at Arsenal, where there is no danger of change and no discomfort either. As I said, sums the man up.

If Wenger had left and we had got in a winning, hard arse, no nonsense manager, Giroud would have signed for Everton.

NickF

Post by NickF »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:22 pm
Heard Koeman say yesterday he had Giroud so close to signing, actually had him in the building but at the last minute Giroud decided he wanted to live in London. Just sums the guy up really. He's 31 years old, no kids, probably got 2 or 3 years left in football, cannot get a guaranteed start at Arsenal, has the opportunity of becoming a hero at Everton and help them get into the CL. 2 or 3 years and then his career is done and he can go live anywhere in the world. But no, he'd rather sit tight at Arsenal, where there is no danger of change and no discomfort either. As I said, sums the man up.

If Wenger had left and we had got in a winning, hard arse, no nonsense manager, Giroud would have signed for Everton.
Actually sums a lot of our players up.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

NickF wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:56 pm
xisstential wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:22 pm

Actually sums a lot of our players up.
Sure does. Also sums up the culture at the club in general. All about money and limited ambition. No real hunger or desire to be the best, to win everything, to dominate the game.

You know the old saying "Lions led by donkeys"? :rubchin: We have sloths led by donkeys. :roll:

olgitgooner

Post by olgitgooner »

I like the guy a lot. He's not world class. But he's not short on commitment and effort. I really don't understand people slagging him off.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

olgitgooner wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:37 pm
I like the guy a lot. He's not world class. But he's not short on commitment and effort. I really don't understand people slagging him off.
He thinks he is much better than he actually is, he went about 14 games without scoring, despite being our number 1 striker, then laid on a goal and ran to the crowd cupping his ear. He pissed a lot of people off when he did that. He is the walking talking embodiment, of a modern day Wenger player.

Oh, and he's not very good. How many of the Top 6 sides would he get a start at??? In fact he cannot even get a start at us!!

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:41 am
NickF wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:15 am
DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:38 am
Most of our full time mods have packed up and fucked off. They are sick of reading the same repetative negative fucking stuff on almost every thread. Fine, you say, let them go... but the problem is we now have only a couple of mods active enough to read every post on every thread and keep the place open.
Well you don't really encourage people to become mods, look at the last poor bastard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzGoZin0sgQ

Did the old ones pack up or just "disappear"?
Some just drifted away, but most have packed it in, they just got sick and tired of reading the same negative repetative stuff over and over. Hopefully some of them will come back after a break.
Lets hope so

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

olgitgooner wrote:
That 'commitment and effort' line is thrown around a lot, but i never see it from him. Most of the time he walks around, like he is god's gift and complains to the referee when things don't go his way. He doesn't put in a lot of effort, but when he chases the odd ball down, then is given credit for it. As for him as an overall player, he is a 10-15 goal a season striker. He's not crap, but not prolific either.

Swale_Gooner1985

Post by Swale_Gooner1985 »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:38 am
FFS we get it lads. Everything is shit. Everyone is shit. :barscarf: :roll:

It was a brilliant goal that had me for one up and cheering. No matter who scored it. Giroud deserved the award. The award was for the goal, it's not some kind of backhanded condoning of Wenger. Jesus Christ, this place has absolutely gone to the fucking dogs tbh. We destroyed the chav in the FA Cup final and all it raised here from some was moans about Wenger. Take some joy in something Arsenal related. You are Arsenal fans first and foremost.

Honestly, and I've said this before, if you are now at a stage where you hate Wenger more than you love Arsenal, where every little thing Arsenal-related is poison to you, then really you need to consider taking a break from it all for a while because that cannot be good for your mental health.

And yeah yeah blah blah I know it's all his fault because of the impact he is now having on the club. We all want the old has-been gone, but he is going nowhere soon. Don't let him ruin everything.

We have a bit of an issue here tbh. Most of our full time mods have packed up and fucked off. They are sick of reading the same repetative negative fucking stuff on almost every thread. Fine, you say, let them go... but the problem is we now have only a couple of mods active enough to read every post on every thread and keep the place open. This place was shut down once before because of a couple of innocent jokes, it is only ever one stupid post away from the owner saying "fuck this I don't need the hassle" and shutting it down permanently.

The tone needs to change around here. I would suggest we keep the Wenger-hate to the Wenger thread and not pollute every other thread by comparing and relating to Wenger everything that happens. We don't want to mod this forum like the old official forum where any post off-topic was deleted etc. But tbh if you guys cannot exercise some self-control we might have to look at something like that. And that would be a real shame because what made this forum different was always the random nature of the threads and the sense of humour of the posters - and the light touch of the mods played a big part in that.

Rant over, bitches. :wink:
That's why I stopped coming on here, I was always one of the more positive posters but it got more and more negative to the point where it wasn't worth reading because every post was basically the same. It seems there are a lot of people on here who can't take any enjoyment from anything to do with Arsenal. Why can't you bare to celebrate an achievement of one of OUR players scoring the best goal in the last year?

It would seem plenty of others have stopped coming on here as the posts seem to be getting more few and far between. Never seen anything so negative. Every post just turns into people crying about Wenger or anything else Arsenal. Giroud isn't Ronaldo or Messi clearly but he's a bloody good centre forward who has scored 100 goals for this club in half the time some of the others have. To slag him off after winning this award is pathetic.

It was a good mix or positive and negative, some good humoured people and some right miserable sods when I decided to join after reading for a while. Sadly if I had turned up here now and had a read I would see absolutely no point in joining or continuing to read the same boring, negative, repetitive posts.

Swale_Gooner1985

Post by Swale_Gooner1985 »

BFG4 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:12 am
olgitgooner wrote:
That 'commitment and effort' line is thrown around a lot, but i never see it from him. Most of the time he walks around, like he is god's gift and complains to the referee when things don't go his way. He doesn't put in a lot of effort, but when he chases the odd ball down, then is given credit for it. As for him as an overall player, he is a 10-15 goal a season striker. He's not crap, but not prolific either.
He's scored a hundred goals...has he been at the club 10 years? :?

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Giroud is an ear cupping lazy *word censored* and one of the reasons I changed allegiances, was watching this sky gazing ponce, especially his ‘performance’ up at Hillsborough 3 seasons back!

Clash

Post by Clash »

Swale_Gooner1985 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:41 pm
Sadly if I had turned up here now and had a read I would see absolutely no point in joining or continuing to read the same boring, negative, repetitive posts.
I understand your point and DB10s post made some great points. I can understand both sides of the argument.

But what are people supposed to do? Pretend they are enjoying it when they’re not? Hold back from getting something off their chest just so it doesn’t put people off who like to read positive stuff? Applaud the likes of Giroud and Walcott for their 100 goals through gritted teeth? We know full well neither of those players is worthy of being at the club for the length of time that allowed them to reach that landmark

I get that it can be repetitive … but isn’t that just a reflection of the repetitive position at the club? That’s why we call it Groundhog Day.

We all used to be passionate about Arsenal. Some can still manage to be but many others like myself feel like we have had our passion and enthusiasm drained from us. We see no end to this situation so it just becomes more intolerable every year ... and as a result, every year we probably get a more deranged.

Either that or we walk away like Franksav did. And that sort of thing is a disgraceful reflection on the club. Long standing fans like Frank who will have seen many ups and downs over the years have walked away. Just think about that. Thats how bad it has got.

It isn’t because of the negative comments on message boards that drive people away. It is 100% Wenger and the clubs fault for their mis-management of the club. And these same people remain, doing it over and over again.

And I realise all of the above has been said before ... but the complaints about being negative have all been said before too. Complaining about that is just as repetitive.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

Swale_Gooner1985 wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:42 pm
BFG4 wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:
He's scored a hundred goals...has he been at the club 10 years? :?
I was referring to PL goals.

https://www.premierleague.com/players/4 ... r/overview

General

Post by General »

BFG4 wrote:
olgitgooner wrote:
He's ok as backup, can come on and do an adequate job when called upon but otherwise has no fecking business starting at a club of our stature.

Wonga would've got rid of him a long time ago if he didn't have a French passport.

He's mostly defended by pubescent girls, over infatuated fan girls and AKBs. There I said it.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

I would see absolutely no point in joining or continuing to read the same boring, negative, repetitive posts.

But it's ok for us to listen to the same boring, bullshit, arse covering, incomprehensible, contradictory excuses from a "manager" who has single handedly sucked the life out of something we loved??

FUCK him...and all those pretty, substandard, preening players he overpays and surrounds himself with.