Giroud

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
GoonerMuzz

Re: Giroud

Post by GoonerMuzz »

I don't like Giroud because of his inability to stay on his feet a lot of the time and his attitude however he has scored some excellent goals for us over the years and this is his best one and should be recognised as such. If it were Messi or Ronaldo it would probably have been lauded worldwide as one of the greatest goals ever in the media :o

As a player and goal scorer his attitude is poor and he is not prolific enough as has been said but it is rare he scores a poor quality goal when you think about it :rubchin:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

I dislike Giroud for the same reasons that I dislike most modern Arsenal players:-

1. They are paid way beyond their abilities - amounts that us less talented people could only dream of.
2. He's clearly arrogant, hence the ear cupping and poncey online posing.
3. He has won next to nothing but behaves as if he's dripping in medals like Phil Neal, Graeme Souness or Tony Adams.
4. Arsenal can't compete with the top teams and players like Giroud are the reason for that.
5. It would cost me the thick end of £2,000 to watch Arsenal these days - so if they don't deliver, they can expect a certain level of feedback.

Sorry Olivier but you're a bit of an arse compared to players that used to play for Arsenal

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 8:53 pm
I dislike Giroud for the same reasons that I dislike most modern Arsenal players:-

1. They are paid way beyond their abilities - amounts that us less talented people could only dream of.
2. He's clearly arrogant, hence the ear cupping and poncey online posing.
3. He has won next to nothing but behaves as if he's dripping in medals like Phil Neal, Graeme Souness or Tony Adams.
4. Arsenal can't compete with the top teams and players like Giroud are the reason for that.
5. It would cost me the thick end of £2,000 to watch Arsenal these days - so if they don't deliver, they can expect a certain level of feedback.

Sorry Olivier but you're a bit of an arse compared to players that used to play for Arsenal
Sorry Jumpers but I have to disagree there...he is not just a 'bit' of an arse...he's a fucking massive big walloping twatt of an arse.

:D :wink:

MrT

Post by MrT »

One of the worst players I've ever had the misfortune of seeing. The crime against football is that him and that other useless tosser Walcott will have their names etched in Arsenal history for scoring 100 at the club.

Shameful.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

MrT wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:47 pm
One of the worst players I've ever had the misfortune of seeing. The crime against football is that him and that other useless tosser Walcott will have their names etched in Arsenal history for scoring 100 at the club.

Shameful.
Strange 100 goals in 5 season he's doing something right, I just can't see what!!!!

MrT

Post by MrT »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:11 pm
MrT wrote:

Shameful.
Strange 100 goals in 5 season he's doing something right, I just can't see what!!!!
That stat means fuck all because he's been gash for most of his time at the club. Scores the odd nice goal but it ultimately means nothing and is as useless as Ozil most games.

A glorified show pony, nothing more. It's embarrassing and damning that someone of his ability will be remembered in Arsenal history.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

MrT wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:33 pm
flash gunner wrote:
MrT wrote:

Shameful.
That stat means fuck all because he's been gash for most of his time at the club. Scores the odd nice goal but it ultimately means nothing and is as useless as Ozil most games.

A glorified show pony, nothing more. It's embarrassing and damning that someone of his ability will be remembered in Arsenal history.
Averaging 20 goals a season can't be considered gash as I said every time I see him he looks shit but his amount of goals can't be knocked

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

Giroud one of the worst players I’ve ever seen in an Arsenal shirt! Totally gash and I would love to squirt lighter fluid on that pointy beard of his and set it alight! #*word censored*

MrT

Post by MrT »

flash gunner wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:56 pm
MrT wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
MrT wrote:

Shameful.

Averaging 20 goals a season can't be considered gash as I said every time I see him he looks shit but his amount of goals can't be knocked
On paper you might think it looks impressive but can you imagine if we had a striker like Aguero tearing it up at the club? He would have doubled Giroud's tally by now.

When you put it in context, when you look at how many bad games he's had vs good, how many chances he needs to bury one, how slow and cumbersome he is which almost always kills the attack, he's shit and that stat doesn't save him. I'll never forgive him for that debacle against Monaco which was the last game I went to and killed any remaining desire I had to go again.

General

Post by General »

flash gunner wrote:
MrT wrote:
flash gunner wrote:
MrT wrote:

Shameful.

He's scored some useful goals, can't knock him for that but he also went half a season without scoring a single goal. He'd get more support if he wasn't such an arrogant cock but ultimately you have to blame the fraud for fostering this self serving culture. You watch Nketia's chest beating goal celebrations and you see the same attitude being propagated. Very little humility runs through this team and they are not even that good.

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

Great in the air, has a decent touch, very good at laying the ball off, has no pace.

I am surprised he scores as many goals as he does with crosses from Walcott, Ramsey, OX , bellerin being his main service, he tends to have to play come deep to collect the ball, and having zero pace don't help.

He is not effective in a tippy tappy sideways passing team that tries to put players through, as you need that pace to get the 9 yard through ball and dink it before keeper smothers the chance, which is why he hits the keeper, he can't get their fast enough

I think he is a good striker, but not a great one, if he played in a system with good service / crosses he would look better

I think at arsenal he is a square peg in a round hole. He is good enough to play in a plan B formation for the arsenal IMO but not a starting line up week in week out

Our problem is our coach more than our team

Just look how far backwards bellerin has gone since the youth team coach handed him over to Wenger and co.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

flash gunner wrote:

Agree with that Flash but if you look back at Denilson's stats, on paper he too looked like a world beater. Problem for both players is that the stats don't tell the whole story.

Denilson would complete loads of pointless, sideways 5 yard passes that took us nowhere. Gteat stats but shit, lazy player.

I may be wrong but I get the impression that Giroud scores his goals in Flat Track Bully matches and then goes missing in important matches.

Sadly both of them reflect modern Arsenal - occasionally look pretty but always come up short.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Aguero has scored 180 goals in 6 years. That is how you win trophies...you cannot have a Cech at the back and a Giroud up front and expect to compete for the big trophies.

Sean

Post by Sean »

He's just not quite good enough for a team that could/should be winning the title under a competent manager. He did improve season on season, but going half a season without scoring, helping us to lose the title to Leicester really showed him up as the nearly man that he is.

Yes, we don't play to his strengths and he is an egomaniac show pony, but he is one of TOF's project players, whom he has refused to upgrade on for five years. Lacazette could be better, but it's early days and he's hardly played with Sanchez and Ozil until recently.

Basically, I feel Giroud has blocked the way for a better striker to come in and score 25-30 goals in the PL to get us closer to the title. Trouble is, with that other egomaniac in the dugout, we don't have a chance anyway.

Arsenal Till I Die

Post by Arsenal Till I Die »

I'm not a Giroud fan by any means but there are times he can be very useful.

Giroud is at his best, and can be really deadly, when he relies purely on his instincts. He's shown that when he has too much time to think he fluffs the chance.