AGM Wednesday 26th

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Bradywasking

Re: AGM Wednesday 26th

Post by Bradywasking »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:59 am
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:08 am
clever ploy to feed this info to the media....

Arsene Wenger will discuss Arsenal future at end of the season despite contract situation

ARSENE WENGER will sit down at the end of this season to review his position with the Arsenal board – even though he has a year left on his contract.

IMO BULLSHIT...he is going nowhere...already keeps staying he always sees out his contract to the last day....
He's not stupid...he saw the mood yesterday, he knows the real challenges on the field are coming in November & December and he is trying to head off any protests. Remember last season after the WBA game he said he knew what his decision was yet he refused to tell anybody, then when this season started he said it was his fault the team played like they did because he should have told them. So why didn't he tell them, God knows most of the freeloaders wanted him to stay?? Because the protests were going on and he was too shit scared to, that's why.

What he should have been asked yesterday, what should have been DEMANDED of him, was to say what his objective is this season. What does he need to achieve to stay on. He would NEVER answer that question.

As I said all he is doing is trying to do is head off any protests...he is not going ANYWHERE. Nobody wants him anyway.

I will come out now and say we will win NOTHING this season and finish in 5th....maybe 6th

Agree we will win nothing but I'm afraid to say this but top four is not impossible..Well fourth is not impossible. I think the two Manchester clubs will be first and second. But after that you would expect Spurs and Chelsea to be third and fourth but both have problems with consistency especially Spurs at Wembley. In reality we are nowhere near either of them but Wenger is a lucky fucker and Arsenal could get lucky this season..I hope not because if we did squeeze into top four could you imagine the garbage we would have to listen to from the media, pundits and window licking disciples.

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:59 am
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:08 am
clever ploy to feed this info to the media....

Arsene Wenger will discuss Arsenal future at end of the season despite contract situation

ARSENE WENGER will sit down at the end of this season to review his position with the Arsenal board – even though he has a year left on his contract.

IMO BULLSHIT...he is going nowhere...already keeps staying he always sees out his contract to the last day....
He's not stupid...he saw the mood yesterday, he knows the real challenges on the field are coming in November & December and he is trying to head off any protests. Remember last season after the WBA game he said he knew what his decision was yet he refused to tell anybody, then when this season started he said it was his fault the team played like they did because he should have told them. So why didn't he tell them, God knows most of the freeloaders wanted him to stay?? Because the protests were going on and he was too shit scared to, that's why.

What he should have been asked yesterday, what should have been DEMANDED of him, was to say what his objective is this season. What does he need to achieve to stay on. He would NEVER answer that question.

As I said all he is doing is trying to do is head off any protests...he is not going ANYWHERE. Nobody wants him anyway.

I will come out now and say we will win NOTHING this season and finish in 5th....maybe 6th
Agreed...he is cunning, manipulative will lie or withhold information when it suits him...this is why he is so difficult to remove

General

Post by General »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:03 pm
Sounded like Question Time held in Stoke. Sadly, the board won't answer questions on their position because, as a business, Arsenal are doing rather well. On the pitch we are still performing better than most. Is it good enough? Well, no it's genuinely not. With our revenue, our squad we should be challenging for first, not for 4th. Winning one of the three domestic trophies is, to me a bonus, we cannot realistically be winning the domestic treble every season, it's not a football manager computer game.
I'll get shot down for saying this, but no other top 6 club in the league has been as consistent as Arsenal since 1995/96. I've said it countless times before, this has been our glory period, yet we haven't made the most of it, which is why there is so much discontent. We haven't overperformed as Gazidis said, we've underperformed on the pitch. It's staggering to think that since 1998, we had a continuous stream of world cup winning players in our squad, yet never won the biggest club trophy. That's down to the manager, who remains in his job because he consistently delivers to the directors business model. Not footballing model... business model, which is where he loses much of the fans support. I'll support the club to my dying day...doesn't mean I have like or agree with the leadership team.
I thought the lady who asked the question about the makeup of the board was articulate and considered. She even calmly repeated her question after Gazidis pathetically tried to play the peacemaker. Keswick then had the audacity to brush her aside again. The guy from the audience waiting to speak should've backed off until they answered the question. Wenger comes out of all of this looking good because footballing matters took a backseat.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

General wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:27 pm
Nos89 wrote:
Sounded like Question Time held in Stoke. Sadly, the board won't answer questions on their position because, as a business, Arsenal are doing rather well. On the pitch we are still performing better than most. Is it good enough? Well, no it's genuinely not. With our revenue, our squad we should be challenging for first, not for 4th. Winning one of the three domestic trophies is, to me a bonus, we cannot realistically be winning the domestic treble every season, it's not a football manager computer game.
I'll get shot down for saying this, but no other top 6 club in the league has been as consistent as Arsenal since 1995/96. I've said it countless times before, this has been our glory period, yet we haven't made the most of it, which is why there is so much discontent. We haven't overperformed as Gazidis said, we've underperformed on the pitch. It's staggering to think that since 1998, we had a continuous stream of world cup winning players in our squad, yet never won the biggest club trophy. That's down to the manager, who remains in his job because he consistently delivers to the directors business model. Not footballing model... business model, which is where he loses much of the fans support. I'll support the club to my dying day...doesn't mean I have like or agree with the leadership team.
I thought the lady who asked the question about the makeup of the board was articulate and considered. She even calmly repeated her question after Gazidis pathetically tried to play the peacemaker. Keswick then had the audacity to brush her aside again. The guy from the audience waiting to speak should've backed off until they answered the question. Wenger comes out of all of this looking good because footballing matters took a backseat.
The man is a Teflon snake because when they questioned him afterward he said he did not want to talk about the AGM as he had a Press conference to concentrate on relating to football matters. He discusses what he wants, when he wants. I remember a presser earlier this year where he kicked it off speaking about finances. "Footballing matters" took a back seat.

SSSNAKE!!

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

The Brand is making money, bonuses and backslapping all around!
They have never had it so good, but Wiggy wants Usmanovs shares because he dislikes sharing.... 8)

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:13 pm
General wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:27 pm
Nos89 wrote:
The man is a Teflon snake because when they questioned him afterward he said he did not want to talk about the AGM as he had a Press conference to concentrate on relating to football matters. He discusses what he wants, when he wants. I remember a presser earlier this year where he kicked it off speaking about finances. "Footballing matters" took a back seat.

SSSNAKE!!
That is an insult to Snakes and Serpents - Amazing creatures - with a Snake you know exactly where you are - " You Fuck with Snake You DIE! M'fuckka"...But Wenger is an Odious Dis-Honourable Person, he will say one thing then change what he has said if it or things are not going according to his plan - he is as Deceitful As they come - He wouldn't be out of place as a CEO in one of the Financial Institutions or Corporate Banks that destroy millions of peoples lives whilst pocketing a very handsome bonus.

THAT is the type of Liar and Charlatan we have managing our club.

He does what he wants knowing full well the owner backs him 100% because he makes the owner profit year in year out and we the fans can do fuckall about it - it was a Sorry Day when he came to Arsenal - He has deceived us all.

JimmyAFC

Post by JimmyAFC »

John Fucking *word censored* Cross

Honestly there aren't words to sum up this piece of shit.

How this fucking absolute disgrace of a 'journalist' actually has forged a career in that industry is beyond me

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Were the only club who will use ratios like 'points to net spend' to measure success. When Ivan said that I died of exasperation. As fans, how are we supposed to support this regime when they quantify success based on self made ratio's that are cherry picked. What about net spend to trophies ratios?

If the club think they are being modern or pioneering running the club this way, then were all fucked.

Do they have any self-awareness? How long can you speak with such certainty that your doing a good job, only to be routinely bested and embarrassed when clubs like Tottenham, Leicester, Atletico Madrid enjoy success with a smaller budget (as you have previously argued such success is not possible due to financial constraints). At what stage do you begin to question yourself and start to think your doing it wrong?

The lack of self-awareness and self reflection among Wenger and Ivan infuriates me. They speak as if they are experts, and not men constantly proven wrong and beaten up by their counterparts. Do they actually believe their own dog shit, or are they just going through the motions. For example, does Wenger seriously believe he has a chance of winning the league or CL. And does Ivan believe the clubs strategy puts it on a path to compete with Bayern (as he has said in the past) - so does the routine floggings by Bayern not give him pause?

Their words dont match up with reality. Both of them are so deep in denial that its futile to reason with them. They will never address our problems, because to do that, you need to admit they exist. But Ivan and Arsene choose to live in the bubble - a world in which they are brilliant leaders of a football club. Rather than bumbling morons constantly failing and who have clearly lost the backing of the fans.

BFG4

Post by BFG4 »

I know it's not a popular opinion on here, but how anyone can listen to that nonsense at the AGM, and still go to games, is beyond me. Could you imagine in any other walk of life, being insulted by a company, and still using their product. When Chips or Ivan need a laugh, i'm sure they turn on AFTV, and watch morons like DT, scream about Wenger out, as they have their season ticket all paid for, and are decked out in club gear. Back when PHW said "thank you for taking an interest in our affairs", that should have showed the fans what their standing is with the club.

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

BFG4 wrote:
Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:18 am
I know it's not a popular opinion on here, but how anyone can listen to that nonsense at the AGM, and still go to games, is beyond me. Could you imagine in any other walk of life, being insulted by a company, and still using their product. When Chips or Ivan need a laugh, i'm sure they turn on AFTV, and watch morons like DT, scream about Wenger out, as they have their season ticket all paid for, and are decked out in club gear. Back when PHW said "thank you for taking an interest in our affairs", that should have showed the fans what their standing is with the club.

Absolutely bang on mate. It kills me when I see people moaning about all things Arsenal but they continue to line Kroenke's pockets.

It's almost as baffling as people that spend ages moaning but never bother to join a protest.

All of the rubbish, the contempt for supporters, the rudeness, could be over in a few days if only enough people would grow a pair and join the protests. Kroenke, Keswick, Gazidis and Wenger could not survive huge marches outside and open revolt inside the stadium.

All the while people turn up, pay up and shut up this crap will continue.

General

Post by General »

I've said it before that anyone who feels strongly about the current situation and wants to see change would at the very least stop going to games. You don't need Thursday's farce to realise how little the club cares about the average fan. The alarming thing is how Wonga emerges from this debacle looking like a saint. Of course the AKBs are arguing that he's the only person with the club's interests at heart but they forget he is also acting as a convenient safety net for them.

Herd

Post by Herd »

Gazidis is beginning to look and sound more like Gollum every day !
Until and unless he throws the ring-piece into the fire's of Mordor ,Silent Saurons Power will increase in Middle Table !

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I can just hear it now.

"WENGER YOUR WAND IS BROKEN" !

:barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:

General

Post by General »

Watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5mJO7GXxfo&app=desktop

John Cross, what a despicable journalist. He's been at it for years. So Kroenke and his son suddenly know football because they granted you a 2hour interview in posh Mayfair and regurgitated the fallacies Wenger was preaching all season. God job Merse called him out for his nonsense.

You know what is said about the current situation, Wenger emerges from this farcical AGM looking like a saint. He can continue peddling his emotional blackmail unchecked because the board haven't got a fecking clue and their motto must be when in doubt defer to Wenger. You can blame the board, Kroenke, Keswick, Gazidis etc but the questions always lead back to one man and his bus size ego. In a setting where simple courtesy was hard to come by, the shareholders had no choice but to applaud him for his speech which by all accounts was short on substance and high on emotion.

When I think about this club now, I feel hatred, resentment, anger, frustration, sadness, disillusion. I do enjoy the occasional game and beating the chavs in the cup final was great, but it doesn't override the massive underlying feeling of resentment I have towards Wenger and the way he's been allowed to monopolise this once great club.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

General wrote:
Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:40 pm
Watch this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5mJO7GXxfo&app=desktop

John Cross, what a despicable journalist. He's been at it for years. So Kroenke and his son suddenly know football because they granted you a 2hour interview in posh Mayfair and regurgitated the fallacies Wenger was preaching all season. God job Merse called him out for his nonsense.

You know what is said about the current situation, Wenger emerges from this farcical AGM looking like a saint. He can continue peddling his emotional blackmail unchecked because the board haven't got a fecking clue and their motto must be when in doubt defer to Wenger. You can blame the board, Kroenke, Keswick, Gazidis etc but the questions always lead back to one man and his bus size ego. In a setting where simple courtesy was hard to come by, the shareholders had no choice but to applaud him for his speech which by all accounts was short on substance and high on emotion.

When I think about this club now, I feel hatred, resentment, anger, frustration, sadness, disillusion. I do enjoy the occasional game and beating the chavs in the cup final was great, but it doesn't override the massive underlying feeling of resentment I have towards Wenger and the way he's been allowed to monopolise this once great club.
Haha yes, I saw that video a few days ago and I think at one point Cross even suggested that if Kroenke gained control he might do "an Abramovich", he cannot seriously believe that, is he on the clubs payroll?!.

You are correct re Wenger the board have always used him as their 'shield' and he always gets out of jail (usually with a top 4 VT 'win' or an FA cup) and plays along with it for his ego and £10M PA, I do think this season he might just come unstuck though, but there always seems to be one too few teams to stop him getting top 4 (19/20 times anyway), usually it's Spurs but now Liverpool look to have taken their place.

I just don't really care that much anymore, not completely of course but defeats just make me laugh now, I just see no point getting upset when the w*nkers that run the club are only in it for the $, I've said it before but I just don't get why anyone would waste their money on watching the club until/if it starts acting like a FC not a corporation?.

:?