AGM Wednesday 26th

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Perryashburtongroves

Re: AGM Wednesday 26th

Post by Perryashburtongroves »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:38 pm
sk-gtfo wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:33 pm
Bunch of pricks the lot of them, it has got to the point now where I wouldn't be too upset if we get relegated down to league f*cking one, if that is what it takes to damage the "investment" so much that they all f*ck off, yeah we might do "a Leeds" but chances are there is some rich f*cker who would pick us up and do a damn sight better job than wiggy w*nker and his corporate crew.

I know some find this a bit in bad taste but I kind of wish we never won any of those 3 FA cup's now, was it worth 3 days in the sun just so those corporate w*nkers could use it as an excuse and justify giving Wenger 2 new contracts?, at least had we not won any the discontent might be at a higher point now and then they would have to cling on to the "look how many times we've finished 4th" line which would be hilarious.
I blame Gibbs for it all :D

He cleared a goal bound third for Hull that would of most definitely have pushed for a new manager.

give up those FA cups for the greater good?

Yes without a doubt
Wigan could have ended it all in the semis. Had they held on for another 10 minutes or whatever it was, the *word censored* would have gone. He was dead until the big German coward equalised. He wouldn't have survived losing that one. Then, yeah, Gibbs and that header.

sk-gtfo

Post by sk-gtfo »

IW8Goalmachine wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:38 pm

I blame Gibbs for it all :D

He cleared a goal bound third for Hull that would of most definitely have pushed for a new manager.

give up those FA cups for the greater good?

Yes without a doubt
Haha yeah it's all Gibbs fault, that Hull game was kind of weird, I was happy that we came back and won (in the momemnt) but I would be lying if I didn't admit a little part of me was actually quite satisfied when they went 2-0 up because I could see from the look on Wenger's face that he was really on the edge there, had we lost that game I believe he would have gone, I think he admitted it himself, and although that wouldn't have solved the wiggy issue it would at least have switched the pressure on to him and what HE was going to do in regard to Arsenal after Wenger, 3 years later and nothing has really changed, except Wenger is getting more inept and rival clubs are pulling away from us.

:banghead: :banghead:

General

Post by General »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:09 pm

5. Wenger retains significant support among the fans. He may have a sizeable core of supporters who feel he should depart, but his passionate speech at the AGM went down well, receiving thunderous applause at its conclusion. "My hunger, my commitment is bigger than ever," he said. And what is clearer than ever is that he, and not the board or the fans, will choose the moment to step aside.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that Wenger was heckled too. Who are these core supporters anyway? The problem is amongst a bunch of parasites who know nothing about football, Wonga suddenly appears to be the lesser evil and he capitalises on this very well. It then becomes a case of your enemy's enemy is your friend so I can see how he charmed his way into an applause at the end of his hogwash of a speech. None of these cunnts understand football and certainly don't speak football language. Gazidis does to a certain extent but has morphed into the devil's advocate and lost his sense of perspective. A posh moron like Kewsick has no business being the chairman of a top club like ours. I remember some of the crap Hill-wood used to come out with in the Daily star. No other club in world football is so paralysed by it's own hierarchy. The management, the board, the owner, the executive, the team are all infected with a culture of failure and delusion. It's a really sad state of affairs make no mistake about that and we are heading for an almighty crash. Kroenke will be livid about the whole voting farce though. If there's one thing he hates it's bad publicity and damage to brand.

General

Post by General »

Eboue-Why?

Post by Eboue-Why? »

Says everything you ever needed to know about AFC

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Sounded like Question Time held in Stoke. Sadly, the board won't answer questions on their position because, as a business, Arsenal are doing rather well. On the pitch we are still performing better than most. Is it good enough? Well, no it's genuinely not. With our revenue, our squad we should be challenging for first, not for 4th. Winning one of the three domestic trophies is, to me a bonus, we cannot realistically be winning the domestic treble every season, it's not a football manager computer game.
I'll get shot down for saying this, but no other top 6 club in the league has been as consistent as Arsenal since 1995/96. I've said it countless times before, this has been our glory period, yet we haven't made the most of it, which is why there is so much discontent. We haven't overperformed as Gazidis said, we've underperformed on the pitch. It's staggering to think that since 1998, we had a continuous stream of world cup winning players in our squad, yet never won the biggest club trophy. That's down to the manager, who remains in his job because he consistently delivers to the directors business model. Not footballing model... business model, which is where he loses much of the fans support. I'll support the club to my dying day...doesn't mean I have like or agree with the leadership team.

Nos89

Post by Nos89 »

Sounded like Question Time held in Stoke. Sadly, the board won't answer questions on their position because, as a business, Arsenal are doing rather well. On the pitch we are still performing better than most. Is it good enough? Well, no it's genuinely not. With our revenue, our squad we should be challenging for first, not for 4th. Winning one of the three domestic trophies is, to me a bonus, we cannot realistically be winning the domestic treble every season, it's not a football manager computer game.
I'll get shot down for saying this, but no other top 6 club in the league has been as consistent as Arsenal since 1995/96. I've said it countless times before, this has been our glory period, yet we haven't made the most of it, which is why there is so much discontent. We haven't overperformed as Gazidis said, we've underperformed on the pitch. It's staggering to think that since 1998, we had a continuous stream of world cup winning players in our squad, yet never won the biggest club trophy. That's down to the manager, who remains in his job because he consistently delivers to the directors business model. Not footballing model... business model, which is where he loses much of the fans support. I'll support the club to my dying day...doesn't mean I have like or agree with the leadership team.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... sh-kroenke

You see...this is the problem...they don't talk about football...ALL the fans really care about is the football

Seriously..are you going to listen to a sentence like this nod, your head in agreement, then walk away, enlightened to how things work and no longer angry??......"Gazidis referenced a £200m spend on transfer fees in the last three years and he said the club ought to be judged by “objective metrics” – primarily, an equation that set Premier League points against expenditure. On that basis, he suggested Arsenal would come out on top of the pile". Objective metrics??? Seriously!!

He then went on to attack the media...........

Why will the media not turn both barrels on Arsenal????

What I have noticed in the media, is although we are still mentioned when they talk about big clubs, NOBODY even mentions us when they talk of trophies or title challenges. We have become irrelevant.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Nos89 wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:03 pm
I'll get shot down for saying this, but no other top 6 club in the league has been as consistent as Arsenal since 1995/96.
and rightly so! Who cares about consistency if you don't actually challenge.
As I said earlier, given a choice of Chelsea's 1st,10th,1st or our always in the top 4, which would you have?

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

clever ploy to feed this info to the media....

Arsene Wenger will discuss Arsenal future at end of the season despite contract situation

ARSENE WENGER will sit down at the end of this season to review his position with the Arsenal board – even though he has a year left on his contract.

IMO BULLSHIT...he is going nowhere...already keeps staying he always sees out his contract to the last day....

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Stan says the money to points ratio has us on top. Its not fuking true because Tottenham got more points and spent less.

Just like Trumps - comes out with a rubbish statement as it if were a matter of fact. He does it because he cant be fact checked in real time and the moment comes and passes.

What really annoy me, is how Wenger and the board all think they are doing a good job and should be adored.

Keswick by all accounts is a vile *word censored*

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:08 am

Arsene Wenger will discuss Arsenal future at end of the season despite contract situation

ARSENE WENGER will sit down at the end of this season to review his position with the Arsenal board – even though he has a year left on his contract.

IMO BULLSHIT...he is going nowhere...already keeps staying he always sees out his contract to the last day....
He's not stupid...he saw the mood yesterday, he knows the real challenges on the field are coming in November & December and he is trying to head off any protests. Remember last season after the WBA game he said he knew what his decision was yet he refused to tell anybody, then when this season started he said it was his fault the team played like they did because he should have told them. So why didn't he tell them, God knows most of the freeloaders wanted him to stay?? Because the protests were going on and he was too shit scared to, that's why.

What he should have been asked yesterday, what should have been DEMANDED of him, was to say what his objective is this season. What does he need to achieve to stay on. He would NEVER answer that question.

As I said all he is doing is trying to do is head off any protests...he is not going ANYWHERE. Nobody wants him anyway.

I will come out now and say we will win NOTHING this season and finish in 5th....maybe 6th

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Talking of objective metrics, weren't we bottom of the net spend list this summer? (In profit in fact).

Was that not mentioned at the AGM? It's one thing over achieving based on spend but if we're not using our resources then it's a meaningless metric!

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:08 am

He is going nowhere is an understatement..The review at the end of this season , if it happens, will be to add a further two year extention to his contract..He is trying to create an impression that he is actually accountable to someone above him..The dogs on the street knows he answers to nobody.More spin from Arsenal PLC.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

YAAAAH BOO SUCKS THEY'RE ALL A BUNCHA CUNTSSS :box: :cussing: