Eddie Nketiah

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
JimmyAFC

Eddie Nketiah

Post by JimmyAFC »

Not sure if there is a thread dedicated to him but I think this lad will be a star.

Not just going on the match against Norwich, I've seen him play at youth level and he's been banging in goals and overall his pace, technique and skill is quality. He is very determined on the pitch as well.

I love the story of him getting rejected from Chelsea and coming here to prove a point.

Why can't he be another Wright? Another Henry? I hope Wenger doesn't ruin him and he can become an out and out star.

I wish our former star strikers were at the club nurturing these young lads coming through about just how good you can be if you are determined, work hard and show you have it in you to be one of the best in the world.

:barscarf:

xisstential

Re: Eddie Nketiah

Post by xisstential »

JimmyAFC wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:39 am
Not sure if there is a thread dedicated to him but I think this lad will be a star.

Not just going on the match against Norwich, I've seen him play at youth level and he's been banging in goals and overall his pace, technique and skill is quality. He is very determined on the pitch as well.

I love the story of him getting rejected from Chelsea and coming here to prove a point.

Why can't he be another Wright? Another Henry? I hope Wenger doesn't ruin him and he can become an out and out star.

I wish our former star strikers were at the club nurturing these young lads coming through about just how good you can be if you are determined, work hard and show you have it in you to be one of the best in the world.

:barscarf:
One is just so scared of what Wenger can do to him....with most managers it's for him, with Wenger it's to him

You also don't want Wellbeck or Giroud "mentoring" him. Or God forbid Wallpot...

The other thing is if you have a team full of all powerful world class players, Viera, Henry, Adams, Bergkamp, Pires, etc,etc he would be in safe hands and be allowed to express himself without fear of censure. With our lot, Ramsey, Giroud, Walcott and the rest of that spineless mob,will be advising him to listen to the "Guvnor"

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

TBH I'd be amazed if he makes it as a top player. Not a slight on him or his ability, but rather we all know what Wenger will do to him - he will "coach" the adventure, the hunger and the individuality out of him. :roll:

You know, a lot of people forget what the Ox and Walcott were actually like when we signed them from the Saints. Both were pacey, exciting, adventurous young players that loved to bomb forward, dribble, cut in and shoot, take oppo players on... fast forward a few years and both had become tepid, insular, negative, short-passing drones with no sense of adventure - the typical Arsene Wenger Modern Arsenal footballer in fact. :|

NickF

Post by NickF »

It would be great to see someone come through the youth team (ours and Chelsea's :wink: ) and make it.
In reality he made an excellent cameo appearance but the trick is to be able to play full games and make a difference.

Unfortunately with the state of the game now, youngsters aren't really give much of chance so I would imagine he will get put out on loan so we can see how he does playing regularly at a higher level than youth. As far as learning from the pros, I guess his best option at the club would be Alexis, who for me, has the right attitude even though we all know he is leaving.

As already mentioned, there is a case about how he will be managed, as we all still remember Wenger starting Sonogo against Bayern(?) even though everyone could see he was nowhere near ready to play at that level. :banghead:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

who remembers Arturo Lupoli?

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Another Peter Marinello!.... :lol:
Go google boyz..... :wink:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Allgunsblazin wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:29 am
Another Peter Marinello!.... :lol:
Go google boyz..... :wink:
Only footballer to have a Subway sauce named after him.

Ba-dum-tsh! :drums:

I'm here all week. :barscarf: :dance:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Gunner Rob wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:23 am
Well remembered Rob. I've used Lupoli so many times, as an example of the many young players that were " The next big thing" but were anything but the next big thing. Wenger talked Lupoli up as a world beater, before flogging him off to a third rate Italian club.

You could also have said:-

Owusu Abeyie
Vela
Aliadiere
Itonga
Mendez
Vernazza
Juan
Wellington
Stokes
Emmanuel Thomas
Svard
Volz
Aneke
Watt
Sunnu
Barazite
Eisfeld
Simpson

And the common factor with all of these duds is . . . . . . . . . . ???????

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Jumpers For Goalposts wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:19 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:
Well remembered Rob. I've used Lupoli so many times, as an example of the many young players that were " The next big thing" but were anything but the next big thing. Wenger talked Lupoli up as a world beater, before flogging him off to a third rate Italian club.

Owusu Abeyie
Vela
Aliadiere
Itonga
Mendez
Vernazza
Juan
Wellington
Stokes
Emmanuel Thomas
Svard
Volz
Aneke
Watt
Sunnu
Barazite
Eisfeld
Simpson

People have no idea..none at all...Wenger's record does NOT bear scrutiny. Lucky for him he is never scrutinised. He brings in so many players, hoping to unearth a gem, and when he does, he takes all the credit. The flops are discarded and forgotten.
The reality nowadays is that there are no gems either. Can anybody remember the last one???

Btw Mark, you left out Sanogo. Got him for a fiver I believe, same price as the geezer with the broken back.

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

Bang on the nail there Jumpers! :high5: -

Iwobi is already showing very clear signs of turning to absolute shyte under wenker's utter mis-guidance.

:barscarf: WENGER YOU'RE A CUUUUNT! :barscarf:

:barscarf: WENGER YOU'RE A CUUUUNT! :barscarf:

:barscarf: WENGER, WENGER, WENGER YOU'RE A CUUUUNT! :barscarf:

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:42 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

Owusu Abeyie
Vela
Aliadiere
Itonga
Mendez
Vernazza
Juan
Wellington
Stokes
Emmanuel Thomas
Svard
Volz
Aneke
Watt
Sunnu
Barazite
Eisfeld
Simpson

People have no idea..none at all...Wenger's record does NOT bear scrutiny. Lucky for him he is never scrutinised. He brings in so many players, hoping to unearth a gem, and when he does, he takes all the credit. The flops are discarded and forgotten.
The reality nowadays is that there are no gems either. Can anybody remember the last one???

Btw Mark, you left out Sanogo. Got him for a fiver I believe, same price as the geezer with the broken back.
Naaah you've got that one wrong mate some of the youngsters in Jumpers list showed potential Sanogo was Absolute SHYTE right from the start. :lol:

beck

Post by beck »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:42 pm
Gunner Rob wrote:

Owusu Abeyie
Vela
Aliadiere
Itonga
Mendez
Vernazza
Juan
Wellington
Stokes
Emmanuel Thomas
Svard
Volz
Aneke
Watt
Sunnu
Barazite
Eisfeld
Simpson

Wilshere iwobi bellerin

Jumpers For Goalposts

Wilshere ?? Perma crock, undisciplined off the pitch, one good game every 3 months.

Iwobi ?? Misses far more than he scores. Not in a scoring position far more often than he is in one. Not a patch on Wright, Smith, Henry, Anelka.

Bellerin ?? Didn't you see the Crystal Palace match last season?? Or either Bayern Munich match?? He is fast and talented but until he learns to defend for 90 minutes, he'll always be a liability.

Doesn't matter how you dress it up, Wenger is fucking awful at identifying and developing young players.

Jumpers For Goalposts

And yet another promising thread turns into a Wenger bashing fest :lol:

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:36 pm
Wilshere ?? Perma crock, undisciplined off the pitch, one good game every 3 months.

Iwobi ?? Misses far more than he scores. Not in a scoring position far more often than he is in one. Not a patch on Wright, Smith, Henry, Anelka.

Bellerin ?? Didn't you see the Crystal Palace match last season?? Or either Bayern Munich match?? He is fast and talented but until he learns to defend for 90 minutes, he'll always be a liability.

Doesn't matter how you dress it up, Wenger is fucking awful at identifying and developing young players.
I think if Bellerin went NOW, to a big club with a decent manager (actually every big club besides us and Liverpool have decent managers) I think he could become a really good player. The problem he has with us is that he doesn't have any laid out responsibility, he just bombs forward at will leaving nobody minding the store. And there is nobody off the pitch laying down the law and nobody on the pitch putting him in his place when necessary.So many young, confused players at AFC. The longer they stay, the less chance there is of them ever developing into what they could be. :( :( :(