$hitty away thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Clash

Re: $hitty away thread

Post by Clash »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:11 am
A shit citeh performance with most of their players a tad off form and still a comfortable 3-1 win for them. That is how far behind the top teams we are. :roll:

The offside goal was deffo offside but so what? It happens. We get them for and against. The penno was soft as fuck but we've all seen them given and not given. The real issue is stupid fucking Monreal gifting them the penno by making contact in the box. Why not just check with GirlyRun to the touchline and try block the cross? Idiot. Also, citeh should have had a penno for the push in the back that Kolasinac did on GirlyRun.

Both Sanchez and Ozil were fucking pants. Both don't give a shit anymore. Both will be gone either in January or next summer. To say Sanchez was the better of the two yesterday because he "put a bit of effort in" is fucking rank stupidity. Robbie fucking Savage "put a bit of effort in" ffs. Putting a bit of effort in counts for fucking nothing if you continuously lose the ball. Shit For Brains Wenger has two top class players there and his ineptitude and ego-driven failings have left us with two very expensive show ponies that don't give a fuck. We could have left both out of that game yesterday and it would have made zero difference. And that is our best two players... :oops: :roll:

The minute I saw us start Iwobi and Cockuelin I knew we would lose. Cockuelin makes Xhaka look intelligent, and Iwobi plays like a 14 year old indoor footballer that has never been coached.

The Welsh Messi-Lite was his usual utter gash, constantly caught in posession, pissing easy passes away, and generally just being total fucking shit. Cech actually made two very good saves and then undid that by going into slow motion falling over mode for two of their goals. Golden Gloves a couple seasons back and now an absolute liability. Bellerin too has degraded as a player so badly he is unrecognisable from the player he was two or three years ago.

Only two players that come away with any credit are Kos for getting some decent tackles and interceptions in, and Lacazette for not acting the bollocks and trying to be clever and just giving his chance the laces low and hard at the keeper. Great finish and Shit For Brains then puts him out wide. :roll: :censored:

I think the only thing that irritated me more than Wenger and our shit team yesterday was that fucking prize cúnt Michael Oliver, one of the worst refs I've seen in 40 years of watching football. He has no understanding of the game whatsoever. No idea what's a genuine effort to tackle, no clue what is a cynical dirty foul, no clue about anything. He let one of the filthiest most cynical cheating cúnts in the game, Fernandinho, away with constant cynical fouls all game. By the toting up process the filthy cúnt should have been given 2 yellows and off. Oliver also very obviously wants to become a "celebrity" ref with the line shaved into his head - the fucking moron had 3 stripes shaved into it last season. He reminds me of the type of prize prick geeky school teacher that tries to be cool with the kids by listening to gangsta rap or some shit. Fucking bell-end. :oops: :roll:
Pretty much agree with all that mate.

The bit in red is spot on too. Footballers are so fucking thick at times. I'm sure most of us here have played football to varying levels and would know that when you're in your own box you have to be extra careful not to make contact. The foul in the area doesnt have to be extra bad for a penalty to be given, it just has to be a foul. The block tackle is just as effective as any other and when you are in the penalty box it ensures you dont make contact with the opponent - giving him no excuse to go down and given the ref no reason to give a pen.

Wenger can talk all he likes about ''scandalous decisions'' and ''unacceptable levels of performance'' (oh the irony! :roll: ) ... but his own decision making is what is costing us most of all and the standard of his own defenders is totally unacceptable for a club with our traditions .

Agree too about the foul on Sterling in the 1st half. It was only a couple of weeks ago Wenger was flapping his arms at the 4th official wanting a foul given for Xhaka before Everton's opening goal. The man is an embarrassment.

But why admit your own failings when you can play the victim? Born for competition my arse!

markyp

Post by markyp »

augie wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:50 am
The French cock is in the papers this morning bemoaning the shocking slide of referee's performances ............... some might argue that it is comparable to the shocking slide of some managerial performances :roll: (fcuk off wenker you caaant :evil: )
he wasn't moaning this time last year when all the decisions were going for us,one of them being the last minute goal against burnley which was a clear handball

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Lacazette is not getting too much service and to add insult to injury he was benched for the lacklustre Sanchez.
Age has got to Wenger and he is a man 10 years too long in the job.

Clash

Post by Clash »

markyp wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:15 pm
augie wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:50 am
The French cock is in the papers this morning bemoaning the shocking slide of referee's performances ............... some might argue that it is comparable to the shocking slide of some managerial performances :roll: (fcuk off wenker you caaant :evil: )
he wasn't moaning this time last year when all the decisions were going for us,one of them being the last minute goal against burnley which was a clear handball
Very true.

Didnt we score home and away against Burnley with handball goals? And wasnt Wenger sent off at home to Burnley for manhandling an official when the referee awarded them what was a clear penalty (and then after gave us one in injury time to win us the game when Koscielny should have been given offside :roll: )

Not that any of this is unusual. Wenger is the man who after losing 10-2 on aggregate is ''revolted'' by the referee :lol:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

Normally when babies are born they get a slap on the bum!
Wenger got one round the chops!...

Clash

Post by Clash »

Wenger: ''The decisions … the third goal, at 2-1 we are in the game, but he gives a clear offside goal. That kills the game for us''.

Just that little quote sums up the mindset Wenger has instilled in the club now. Why does a goal scored in the 74th minuted kill the game for us? We had 20mins left if you include injury. Make it 3-2 and who knows.

A team with a winning mentality responds, even more so if they feel they have suffered an injustice. Its this defeatist bullshit that has killed me off when it comes to watching Wenger's teams.

Midz

Post by Midz »

SPARKSY wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:01 am

I would have Sean Bean as our manager right now.
TBH a baked bean would do a better job.

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

Midz wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:42 pm
SPARKSY wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:01 am

I would have Sean Bean as our manager right now.
TBH a baked bean would do a better job.
at the moment we have a has-been

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

For the first time ever I didn't bother watching/listening to the game nor did I bother trying to find out the score - Wenger & Co have done this...and I Hate them for it.

So when they read the news out and the score I was not in the slightest surprised..

and then of course came the usual lame answers, reasons and accusations...Wenger has NO Honour. #wengerout

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:54 pm
For the first time ever I didn't bother watching/listening to the game nor did I bother trying to find out the score - Wenger & Co have done this...and I Hate them for it.

So when they read the news out and the score I was not in the slightest surprised..

and then of course came the usual lame answers, reasons and accusations...Wenger has NO Honour. #wengerout
McDowell's sewing machine is on its way to you OBG :winner:

MrT

Post by MrT »

https://twitter.com/Pale_Azure/status/9 ... 4340473856

Hilarious stuff, players are not arsed in the slightest.

General

Post by General »

MrT wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:45 am
https://twitter.com/Pale_Azure/status/9 ... 4340473856

Hilarious stuff, players are not arsed in the slightest.
Lee Dixon discusses the same issues here;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/201 ... ne-wenger/

Our players do not know how to coordinate a press for a prolonged period because it simply hasn't been drilled into them. The man marking against City was pathetic, we go from sublime on the ball to ridiculous off it. In the end we expended too much energy chasing shadows, became exhausted and City were able to manoeuvre the ball with ease.

It's a longstanding inherent weakness in Wenger's coaching and exacerbated by the lumbering clowns we now deploy in midfield. When you watch the City game, it is clear the players were given specific instructions to get behind the ball. I'm not sure they knew what to do after this and everything they did after looked uncoordinated and sporadic. When the pressure got too much, they reverted to the familiar and well rehearsed approach of allowing the opposition freedom until they surrendered the ball.

A few ex players have mentioned how Wenger focuses most of his coaching working with the ball and in the final third. For a long time, we were able to maintain the bottom line because of our superior technical ability especially against the smaller sides and results against the top sides were not always critical. When we lost 8-2 to United in 2011, we still managed to finish third. The league has quietly undergone significant transformation in the past 2-3years with the new tv money. The small teams now have the technical ability to punish us for a our lousy work ethic off the ball and this was fully exposed against Watford. Gone are the days when they would site back and resort to kick and rush. Almost every single team in the league can now play on the floor and expose you if you allow them to.

The only thing I disagree with Dixon on is that Wenger can fix the problem or at least make it better if he wanted to. He's just too obsessed with his ball playing philosophy to sacrifice some of it and give the team better stability off the ball. He will sit up and admire a goal or an assist but you'll never see him fist pumping a last ditch tackle or timely interception like Mourinho, Conte and Pep do. This is why players like Ozil stay on the pitch regardless of their performance or the result because they represent how Wenger sees the game.

I've mentioned it elsewhere that we are going to lose at least 10games. He tempted fate by selfishly signing a new contract and fate is going to deal him a fatal blow. What is funny is his sudden willingness to change the team's setup which no doubt is borne out of desperation. It's too little to late, the margin for error is next to nothing and re-arranging the deck chairs isn't going to stop the titanic from sinking. 4 down already and 8points or so off where we ere last season, and we are only in November. Wenger's deal with he devil is over and it's not going to be pretty.

Clash

Post by Clash »

General wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:56 am

I've mentioned it elsewhere that we are going to lose at least 10games. He tempted fate by selfishly signing a new contract and fate is going to deal him a fatal blow. What is funny is his sudden willingness to change the team's setup which no doubt is borne out of desperation. It's too little to late, the margin for error is next to nothing and re-arranging the deck chairs isn't going to stop the titanic from sinking. 4 down already and 8points or so off where we ere last season, and we are only in November. Wenger's deal with he devil is over and it's not going to be pretty.
Its what he deserves but I'm still not convinced it will happen. I have seen all this said before and every year its never bad enough to be fatal to Wenger.

I'm not even sure we are that much worse this season than the last few. I think we are having the same season we always have, its just the fixtures are in a different order.

I cant see us losing more than 7-8 games over this season. I know we've already lost 4 but look who we've played away - Liverpool, Stoke, Chelsea, Watford, Everton and Man City. Only Watford is the one we'd normally expect to win out of that lot and that unexpected defeat is almost cancelled out by getting 4 points from Chelsea and Everton away.

The home fixture list has been kind so far and resulted in maximum points so there could be a home defeat coming at some point. But other than Man United and Spurs away and maybe our complacency kicking in a couple of other times I cant see too many more defeats in away games.

arseofacrow

Post by arseofacrow »

Being objective, if you'd have been watching spurs against man city on sunday, would you have given spurs a good chance of getting something out of the game?

I would've done. With Arsenal, I gave us next to no chance. That's where we are at the moment.

:banghead: :box:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Clash wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:29 pm
General wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:56 am

Its what he deserves but I'm still not convinced it will happen. I have seen all this said before and every year its never bad enough to be fatal to Wenger.

I'm not even sure we are that much worse this season than the last few. I think we are having the same season we always have, its just the fixtures are in a different order.

I cant see us losing more than 7-8 games over this season. I know we've already lost 4 but look who we've played away - Liverpool, Stoke, Chelsea, Watford, Everton and Man City. Only Watford is the one we'd normally expect to win out of that lot and that unexpected defeat is almost cancelled out by getting 4 points from Chelsea and Everton away.

The home fixture list has been kind so far and resulted in maximum points so there could be a home defeat coming at some point. But other than Man United and Spurs away and maybe our complacency kicking in a couple of other times I cant see too many more defeats in away games.
100% bang on the money, mate. People say the same rubbish every season "this is the year it all implodes on him" and "he'll be sacked this season" and "this season will be so much worse than last season". The same predictions that some people have been rolling out for about 5 years now.

What these people forget is that the PL is such a weak league overall that even a manager as out of touch as Wenger can keep a big club like Arsenal within touching distance of that magical Top 4. In 20+ years Wenger has only missed the Top 4 ONCE. Wenger is not a great manager but he is good enough to keep this side in with a Top 4 shout and good enough to achieve that 9 seasons out of 10 - or 19 out of 20. Is that enough for us fans? No. And it should not be either.

I quote your comment here; "I think we are having the same season we always have, its just the fixtures are in a different order" as being the most accurate statement on this forum tbh.

Because of the lack of true quality in the PL we will finish either 5th or 4th again this season. And even if we are 20 points behind the champions it will be good enough for the AKB sheep and more importantly good enough for Wiggy Racoon Head. :roll: :censored: