$hitty away thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Redarmy

Re: $hitty away thread

Post by Redarmy »

northbank123 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:06 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:56 pm
northbank123 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:17 pm
Entirely predictable. The offside goal will give Wenger the excuse to trot out but we were well beaten. No shape, so careless on the ball, incoherent pressing strategy.

For me, City were not particularly good today and in fact were incredibly wasteful. They must have mishit four or five passes to put somebody through on goal. Their game management at 2-0 was awful. They coasted past us without being anywhere near their best.

Ozil and Sanchez both appalling. Can we start playing Wilshere please.
Fair assessment, and agree with above, but not sure Wilshere is the answer
I don’t think Wilshere is the answer either (in that he isn’t suddenly going to turn this side around) but he is miles better than the likes of Ramsey and Xhaka.
yes agreed

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:13 pm
When Shit for Brains and his cronies finally get round to trying to sort out Jack's contract I hope he tells them where to stick it and goes and saves his career. How he can sit there watching Coquelin, Xhaka, Ramsey, Iwobi playing ahead of him......and fucking lazy c.unt Ozil too.....is beyond me. More heart, passion, creation and bite in 15 minutes than that bunch of cowardly pricks put together.

Koscielny was like a one man defence at times, so he escapes any wrath from me (as does Wilshere and in fairness Joe L'Average for a quality finish before he was duly dropped to right wing to make space for the Lamppost !!!)......as for the rest of them. Couldn't give a flying fuck if they all piss off. Cowardly bunch of yellows, managed by an absolute ringpiece.

One where I do give a flying fuck is that geriatric helmet headed wanker in the goal. Farm him off to the old folks home please and spare him the embarrassment. Seaman looked more mobile at 40 than that fucking tool
Not only should he be starting ahead of all of the mentioned - he should also have the armband in my opinion. The Big German Vag is an absolute joke of a captain. There's fuck all other that are captain material apart from maybe Kos. Giving Walcant the armband on EL nights is also farcical - WTF :banghead: :banghead:

Captains are supposed to lead by example - if the others followed The BGV and Walcants example we would be ducking and pulling out of tackles left right and centre :roll:

General

Post by General »

I didn't think City were particularly great either but they completely controlled the midfield and carved us open for fun. It was one of the those games where it looked like we were in it but at the same time you would not have been surprised if we'd been down by a couple of goals in the first half.

There is no fail safe system with this side, there hasn't been in any Arsenal side for a long time and they simply cannot recoil into a coherent compact shape without the ball. This is why we suddenly lose momentum and without warning concede cheap goals. The manner of the first goal was a timely reminder of this longstanding weakness and Wenger's incompetence. It doesn't take a genius to work out that off the ball our players are not well drilled and with several mean behind the ball we somehow managed to look wide open. Somebody has obviously told them that they need to get behind the ball, they forgot to tell them that they have to try and get the ball back and refrain from doing the mannequin challenge.

It did not surprise me when De Bruyne scored with a simple exchange of passes. Ramsey and Ozil caught ball watching rather than tracking the run. It was amusing watching Ramsey high five Cech for palming away a shot which he had turned his back on. We saw Mertesacker do the same thing against Everton. It runs through the team because it's accepted behaviour.

Once again the annoying part of this defeat is our dire midfield. Xhaka and Ramsey simply do not possess the athleticism and technical proficiency to cope with a decent possession based side. Their poor ball retention especially under pressure meant the team had to expend a lot of energy chasing shadows and inevitably fatigue crept in. Coquelin gets criticised a lot but to be fair he was one of the positive performers out there together with Koscielny. Both had to do a lot of high risk defending because the midfield was non existent and was busy parting like the red sea.

Special mention to Ozil for another anaemic away performance against a top side. I seriously cannot wait for this turd to fuck off if it means Wenger would not be able to deploy him as a passenger again. I'm sure a disciplinarian would get more out of him but he's a luxury player and nothing more.

All in all another predictable loss thanks to the failings we've been witnessing for the past decade. As if Wenger was going to miss the opportunity to capitalise on the officiating.

General

Post by General »

Jack did more in 10mins than Ozil did the entire 90minutes.

He's not the answer but if we have to put up with these clowns in midfield then we might as well give him a chance.

RobG

Post by RobG »

Eboue-Why? wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:47 pm
Makes the up coming game at Turf Moor a real 6 pointer. Just so relieved we moved from Highbury

I'd have Scean Dyce as our Manager ate the drop of a hat. He strikes me as a GG style motivator. :barscarf: :barscarf:

AkneyGooner

Post by AkneyGooner »

I would have Sean Bean as our manager right now.

NickF

Post by NickF »

Peeman wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:54 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
When Shit for Brains and his cronies finally get round to trying to sort out Jack's contract I hope he tells them where to stick it and goes and saves his career. How he can sit there watching Coquelin, Xhaka, Ramsey, Iwobi playing ahead of him......and fucking lazy c.unt Ozil too.....is beyond me. More heart, passion, creation and bite in 15 minutes than that bunch of cowardly pricks put together.
Not only should he be starting ahead of all of the mentioned - he should also have the armband in my opinion.

Captains are supposed to lead by example - if the others followed The BGV and Walcants example we would be ducking and pulling out of tackles left right and centre :roll:
What is the point in making Jack the captain when he is never fit? We have had too much of that in the past where the captain has never been fit.

Peeman

Post by Peeman »

NickF wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:34 pm
Peeman wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:54 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Not only should he be starting ahead of all of the mentioned - he should also have the armband in my opinion.

What is the point in making Jack the captain when he is never fit? We have had too much of that in the past where the captain has never been fit.
He'd be fitter than the BVG, Arteta and Tommy V were. The tea lady would be better than the cowardly vagina. He has been fit since the start the season and yet he wasn't deemed good enough to play. A few injuries only seen him getting back into the team and now all of a sudden he's injured again.

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

AkneyGooner wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:28 pm
I would have Sean Bean as our manager right now.
A fair shout for replacing our very own,

Mr Bean.....

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee

Post by Yankee_Gooner_Dandee »

Ramsey is terrible like 80% of the time, but in this game he was absolute fucking trash. One of the worst performances I have ever seen.

Bradywasking

Post by Bradywasking »

Third goal was offside, how Alan Smith called it a tight decision is beyond me..But having watched the penalty incident a few times I think the ref got it right..The camera angle from behind the players shows Monreal catching Sterling with his right foot...I didn't see the game live but was following on Twitter etc I knew even from that that Wenger and his apologists would play the referee card...
You get tired of this blame game from him and them. It is too easy , it gives the easy cop out everytime .Wenger should be Liverpool manager..A match made in victim heaven.

Ray C

Post by Ray C »

If they'd put away half the chances they created it would have been a cricket score. Reality check Arsenal - we're just not good enough with this squad of players. Even with Feo still on the bench. Why leave out Lacozette, then bring him on - he scores & then he's moved to the wide position to make way for the useless other 'big' frenchman ??. 7th pos here we come. :barscarf: :barscarf:

General

Post by General »

Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:50 am
Ramsey is terrible like 80% of the time, but in this game he was absolute fucking trash. One of the worst performances I have ever seen.
His recent performances for Wales have been equally horrendous. Problem is there are very few alternatives. How he lasted the entire 90mins together with Ozil is beyond me. This midfield is arguably worse than the Denilson era.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

General wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:29 am
Yankee_Gooner_Dandee wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:50 am
His recent performances for Wales have been equally horrendous. Problem is there are very few alternatives. How he lasted the entire 90mins together with Ozil is beyond me. This midfield is arguably worse than the Denilson era.
I watched him in the last couple of Welsh qualifiers....as you say,he was horrendous. He is seen as one of their BIG players and without Bale there he tries to assume the mantle of the MAIN player and chief string puller. The reality though is without Bale there to make he him look good,he reverted back to what he really is....awful.

Herd

Post by Herd »

The penalty was nailed on but the offside handed wenger his get out of jail free card and he will cling to the injustice of it all rather than study what happened ,another routine beating by a top 4 team which is the norm .
Corinthian football charging forward with no thought of defense is the Arsenal way and the high line back three got found out again and again as they have no pace ,so as others have said it could have been much much worse .
We are now where we will be until the next downward re adjustment ,just outside the real contenders looking up.
After Ozil and Sanchez walk for nothing there will be further scaling down of both investment and expectation.