$hitty away thread

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
General

Re: $hitty away thread

Post by General »

Clash wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:29 pm
General wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:56 am

I've mentioned it elsewhere that we are going to lose at least 10games. He tempted fate by selfishly signing a new contract and fate is going to deal him a fatal blow. What is funny is his sudden willingness to change the team's setup which no doubt is borne out of desperation. It's too little to late, the margin for error is next to nothing and re-arranging the deck chairs isn't going to stop the titanic from sinking. 4 down already and 8points or so off where we ere last season, and we are only in November. Wenger's deal with he devil is over and it's not going to be pretty.
Its what he deserves but I'm still not convinced it will happen. I have seen all this said before and every year its never bad enough to be fatal to Wenger.

I'm not even sure we are that much worse this season than the last few. I think we are having the same season we always have, its just the fixtures are in a different order.

I cant see us losing more than 7-8 games over this season. I know we've already lost 4 but look who we've played away - Liverpool, Stoke, Chelsea, Watford, Everton and Man City. Only Watford is the one we'd normally expect to win out of that lot and that unexpected defeat is almost cancelled out by getting 4 points from Chelsea and Everton away.

The home fixture list has been kind so far and resulted in maximum points so there could be a home defeat coming at some point. But other than Man United and Spurs away and maybe our complacency kicking in a couple of other times I cant see too many more defeats in away games.
Last season we kept hearing about Wenger' s deal with the devil and came up short. The margin to top 4 might have only been a point but you have to factor in the relatively good start we had. We lost 9games in total and the last time this happened was 2010.

Our decline hasn't been as dramatic as other clubs’ which might lead people to believe that we are somehow repeating a familiar pattern but the devil really is in the detail. We have entered a new phase in this slow painful decline under Wenger .

This time around last season, we were joint top with an inferior goal difference and are now 8points or so worse off. We’ve picked up 17points from a possible 45points away from home in 2017 and it has never been this bad under Wenger. We are on course for a low to mid 60s points finish and would likely end up 5th or 6th. We are going to set some bad precedents and unwelcome records along the way. I don't think Wenger will ever sacked by this clueless board but I'm certain this would all end in ignominy for him.

beck

Post by beck »

SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:33 pm
BFG4 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:28 pm
"Arsenal have lost four of their opening six away matches of a top-flight campaign for the first time since 1981".

Another Wenger record :barscarf:
Remind me what happened to our manager back then too? Oh.....but "football's changed" hasn't it? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Terry Neil was sacked 2 years and 2 months later

beck

Post by beck »

Redarmy wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:31 pm
Redarmy wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:30 pm
SteveO 35 wrote:
Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:41 pm
I'm trying to think which was the most inspired of Wenger's tactical decisions today.......spoilt for choice really

1. Playing Coquelin and Xhaka together to give that real sense of steel, security and intelligent break up of play without a rash tackle in sight
2. Start with Iwobi and Ramsey, who demonstrated so clearly how much better they are than Wilshere, never surrendering play unnecessarily, always picking the right pass and never dwelling unduly on the ball
3. Bringing on Joe L'Average, watching him score, and then promptly relegating him to right midfield to accommodate the Lamppost

Pure genius from the Great Man :barscarf: :barscarf: :barscarf:
yeah that 30 years in football really pays off, tactically inept as usual :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Is that correct 11 league defeats so far in 2017?
No it's 10
But it's still the most amount of league defeats in a calender year to this point since the 11 in 1995
Graham was sacked as was rioch eventually
Wenger is still allowed to trundle on a good 6 years since he should have been sacked

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

This "calender year" bullshit means nothing ffs. :roll: All that matters is what happens during each season. Using a calander year is subjective stat loading of the shittest kind. :roll:

As for GG being sacked - he wasn't sacked for his performance as a manager. He was sacked for the bungs. He had actually agreed to stand down at the end of the 1995 season either way, long before the bung scandal offered the Board a way to get rid of him without paying his agreed severence payment.

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:16 pm
This "calender year" bullshit means nothing ffs. :roll: All that matters is what happens during each season. Using a calander year is subjective stat loading of the shittest kind. :roll:

As for GG being sacked - he wasn't sacked for his performance as a manager. He was sacked for the bungs. He had actually agreed to stand down at the end of the 1995 season either way, long before the bung scandal offered the Board a way to get rid of him without paying his agreed severence payment.
Calendar year stats are only used if they favour our beloved leader. Please try keep up :D :D :D

For instance,we won 10 of our last 11 at the beginning of 2017, a terrific achievement and oft mentioned...... BUT, the 2-0 loss in the NLD does not count in this seasons "stats"

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

xisstential wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:23 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Calendar year stats are only used if they favour our beloved leader. Please try keep up :D :D :D

For instance,we won 10 of our last 11 at the beginning of 2017, a terrific achievement and oft mentioned...... BUT, the 2-0 loss in the NLD does not count in this seasons "stats"
:lol: :lol:

Still not as good a gauge of where we are as a team as the "First Half Result" statistic. Fucking Bayern Munich were shitting it in those first halves!

:barscarf: :lol:

General

Post by General »

DB10GOONER wrote:

Calendar year, Chinese year, new moon, whatever flips your boat :D , our current poor away record is unprecedented under Wonga.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

General wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:14 pm
DB10GOONER wrote:

Calendar year, Chinese year, new moon, whatever flips your boat :D , our current poor away record is unprecedented under Wonga.
:lol:

Ah yes.... the "Wenger Year". Or "Groundhog Season" as it is also known. :lol: :suicide: