Red Star Belgrade Home UEFA Cup *positive posts only*

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
Herd

Re: Red Star Belgrade Home UEFA Cup *positive posts only*

Post by Herd »

last time I looked red star had won the European cup ,or was it all a dream . met some really cool red star boys last night and had a beer and a natter ,they had done the same with ours in Serbia .

Redarmy

Post by Redarmy »

g88ner wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:21 am
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:16 am
g88ner wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:56 am
Redarmy wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 6:49 am
Scum beat Real Madrid and we struggle against Europa shite...thanks Wenger you useless *word censored*

The expectations are cleverly being moved, we are becoming second rate before our eyes

still keep positive, still over achieving
What expectations?? :? Being second rate is nothing new. We've never had European pedigree and have wasted the last 10 years of European football being content with simply being in the CL. :roll:

We've been in the CL for 20 years and for the last decade it's been an utter bore. Tottnumb qualifying from the group stage (like we did every year) doesn't interest me in the slightest.

I'd much rather be in a European tournament we can dream of competing for.

As for our performance; who cares? Our reserves took 10pts from 4 games and qualified with 2 games to spare. It's good news and shouldn't be spun negatively.
So using your logic we should forget about CL, and the title, and concentrate on the Carabo cup as its something we can win... :D :D :D

Wenger would love that.....absolutely NO pressure to achieve :banghead: :banghead:
The title isn't realistic mate so yeah, concentrate on winning the UEFA cup! (And domestic cups) 8)
Have to disagree, under another manager i believe the title is possible, indeed we should have beaten Leicester to it a couple of years ago but Wenger fucked up.....
We are The Arsenal we should be challenging...end of, can never believe or say anything different

OneBardGooner

Post by OneBardGooner »

I really didn't bother watching/Listening or even looking for the result till this morning...

Fuvckinn Sad maaaan! Thankyou Wenger you See You Next Thursday. :evil: :cussing: :banghead:

NickF

Post by NickF »

g88ner wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:21 am
The title isn't realistic mate so yeah, concentrate on winning the UEFA cup! (And domestic cups) 8)
Well it should be, we are the Arsenal and with our resources should be fighting for title every year.
The fact that we are not reflects badly on the management and the majority of fans who just accept it.

franksav63
Location: Home - Whitechapel - Arsenal Block 6 - Twitter - @franksav63

Post by franksav63 »

I actually had the misfortune to be watch the last 10 minutes of this game and the camera panned to Wenger in his oversized lagging jacket and he looked like he had just been dragged from an old people's residence.

He certainly cuts an embarrassing image on the line and just hope this doesn't come across as ageist.

flash gunner

Post by flash gunner »

OneBardGooner wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 12:31 pm
I really didn't bother watching/Listening or even looking for the result till this morning...

Fuvckinn Sad maaaan! Thankyou Wenger you See You Next Thursday. :evil: :cussing: :banghead:
OBG McDowells sewing machine is on its way to you :barscarf:

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Positive bastards.

There. I said it.

8)

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

Redarmy wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:28 am
Have to disagree, under another manager i believe the title is possible, indeed we should have beaten Leicester to it a couple of years ago but Wenger fucked up.....
We are The Arsenal we should be challenging...end of, can never believe or say anything different
You're preaching to the converted mate.

When I say the title isn't realistic I'm talking about the REAL world where we DO have wenger and we ARE 9pts behind city.

We won't win the title this season; guaranteed. So yeah, all my eggs are in the UEFA cup basket. Thankfully, it's a really enjoyable competition to be in so might as well enjoy it as we'll no doubt be underachieving in the CL again before long! :lol:

NickF

Post by NickF »

g88ner wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:27 pm
Redarmy wrote:

When I say the title isn't realistic I'm talking about the REAL world where we DO have wenger and we ARE 9pts behind city.

We won't win the title this season; guaranteed. So yeah, all my eggs are in the UEFA cup basket. Thankfully, it's a really enjoyable competition to be in so might as well enjoy it as we'll no doubt be underachieving in the CL again before long! :lol:
Here's the problem, you don't think we will win the league because of Wenger yet the UEFA cup is achievable...

augie

Post by augie »

flash gunner wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:36 am
augie wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:47 am
Redarmy wrote:
Scum beat Real Madrid and we struggle against Europa shite...thanks Wenger you useless *word censored*

The expectations are cleverly being moved, we are becoming second rate before our eyes

Early in the commentary last night (might actually have been before kick off), the bt commentator (not ginger hartson) referred to red star as the 1991 European cup winners - it made me a little sad when I tried to think what the foreign commentators refer to us when we play away from home :( The team that set the record for consecutive champs league qualifications ? The club that has only once reached a final in europes main competition ? So many micky mouse clubs (like red star) have that moment of glory that will always be mentioned when talking about them, but here we are, supposedly one of the world's biggest clubs, and we have absolutely no success in our history to justify our status :oops: :oops:
Mickey Mouse clubs? You surprise me augie you're an old school Gooner and must remember the days when playing away in Eastern europe was almost hard as playing Barcelona, harder maybe. Clubs these days have fallen from the top might be Mickey Mouse now but weren't then.

I know all that, but you are missing the point I was trying to make - we are led to believe that across Europe (and maybe the world), Arsenal FC are regarded as one of the big European clubs, but the reality is that we have no pedigree in europes premier competition to back up that notion. Clubs like red star are basically dismissed nowadays as a small club, but at least they have won the thing once and in some ways should be treated with more respect than a club that has never won it.

g88ner

Post by g88ner »

NickF wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:25 pm
g88ner wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:27 pm
Redarmy wrote:

Here's the problem, you don't think we will win the league because of Wenger yet the UEFA cup is achievable...
I'd say there's a huge difference between winning the league and the UEFA cup so I don't think I've been contradictory.

We have won the FA cup 3 times in 4 years, including beating city and Chelsea in last year's semi and final despite a shed load of negative nellies dismissing our chances, so I don't see why winning the UEFA cup would be seen as an outrageously unrealistic ambition.

A lot will depend on how we treat the latter rounds as we'd obviously need our strongest team to have a realistic chance against atletico madrid, Milan etc.

SteveO 35

Post by SteveO 35 »

Its brilliant the way he thinks Holding, Elneny and Debuchy are a reliable back three, combined with his best attempts at ruining young Nelson's career before its barely begun by playing him as a wing back.

When we eventually meet a team that possesses a striker without two left feet, we will get caned and Shit for Brains wait for a European trophy of any description will continue

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

augie wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:26 pm
flash gunner wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:36 am
augie wrote:
Fri Nov 03, 2017 9:47 am
Redarmy wrote:

Early in the commentary last night (might actually have been before kick off), the bt commentator (not ginger hartson) referred to red star as the 1991 European cup winners - it made me a little sad when I tried to think what the foreign commentators refer to us when we play away from home :( The team that set the record for consecutive champs league qualifications ? The club that has only once reached a final in europes main competition ? So many micky mouse clubs (like red star) have that moment of glory that will always be mentioned when talking about them, but here we are, supposedly one of the world's biggest clubs, and we have absolutely no success in our history to justify our status :oops: :oops:
Mickey Mouse clubs? You surprise me augie you're an old school Gooner and must remember the days when playing away in Eastern europe was almost hard as playing Barcelona, harder maybe. Clubs these days have fallen from the top might be Mickey Mouse now but weren't then.

I know all that, but you are missing the point I was trying to make - we are led to believe that across Europe (and maybe the world), Arsenal FC are regarded as one of the big European clubs, but the reality is that we have no pedigree in europes premier competition to back up that notion. Clubs like red star are basically dismissed nowadays as a small club, but at least they have won the thing once and in some ways should be treated with more respect than a club that has never won it.
We were seeded for years and years as a top 8 European club with our co-efficient meaning we should qualify for the last 8 , but year in year out we failed and for the last 6/7 yers couldn’t even get to the last 16. That is our European pedigree my friend.