Bilic sacked

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
g88ner

Re: Bilic sacked

Post by g88ner »

Apparently Diego simeone is on the shortlist :shock: :o

That would seriously fuck me off :evil:

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

The worst kept secret, Moyes was in place before Bilic got the black ball.... :lol:
Such a lovely scumbag club, relegation awaits them with useless Moyes at the helm.... :barscarf:
And according to reports, Bilic phoned each of the team to find out where things went wrong, what a div!...

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

greengooner wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:51 am
WHY DID THEY NOT JUDGE HIM IN MAY........WHY? :roll:
:lol: :lol:

Reminds me of the Simpsons line "Won't somebody think of the children?!" :lol: 8)

xisstential

Post by xisstential »

g88ner wrote:
Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:55 pm

I heard he is being seriously considered for Everton....Merson reckons that he has gone off the boil a bit at AC and would jump at a chance to manage in the PL.

I feel like screaming....all these managers finding a home in the PL...while this geriatric,out of date pensioner,clings and clings and clings...... :banghead: :banghead:

greengooner

Post by greengooner »

xisstential wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 8:21 am
g88ner wrote:

I heard he is being seriously considered for Everton....Merson reckons that he has gone off the boil a bit at AC and would jump at a chance to manage in the PL.

I feel like screaming....all these managers finding a home in the PL...while this geriatric,out of date pensioner,clings and clings and clings...... :banghead: :banghead:
Watch how Everton develop over the next few years with moshari in control ( backed up by usmanovs money) and then think that is the path we should be on. It may go wrong for the toffees but they could be the next big thing while we wallow in mid table with those American c**ts in control

augie

Post by augie »

greengooner wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:59 am
xisstential wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Watch how Everton develop over the next few years with moshari in control ( backed up by usmanovs money) and then think that is the path we should be on. It may go wrong for the toffees but they could be the next big thing while we wallow in mid table with those American c**ts in control

That has to be any sane Gooners worst fears at the mo - logically there should be no way an investor (usmanov) would stay financially committed to a club or company that they are not receiving a dividend from, and have no prospect of owning. If the American crunt continues to show no sign of selling, then a point will come where usmanov will have had enough and will depart to join his buddy at everton, and tbh I couldn't blame him.
For Gooners my age and older, we will be very aware that traditionally everton were one of the big clubs in England until the premier league era. They have a big fanbase in a football mad city, and imo it is only money that is preventing them from being a top club again. Before anyone starts throwing the phrases top manager and top players as a reason why they are miles away from being a big club again, just think back to where the chavs and citeeh were when they got new owners, and remember how quickly the money got them to the top of the English game - it also needs to be acknowledged that usmanov is considerably wealthier than abramovich, so consider how his investment will affect the toffees going forward, and especially if they got a simeone in as manager (and I'm sure that he would like his next club to be able to give him the resources he hasn't had at ath madrid).

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

augie wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:04 am
greengooner wrote:
xisstential wrote:
g88ner wrote:

That has to be any sane Gooners worst fears at the mo - logically there should be no way an investor (usmanov) would stay financially committed to a club or company that they are not receiving a dividend from, and have no prospect of owning. If the American crunt continues to show no sign of selling, then a point will come where usmanov will have had enough and will depart to join his buddy at everton, and tbh I couldn't blame him.
For Gooners my age and older, we will be very aware that traditionally everton were one of the big clubs in England until the premier league era. They have a big fanbase in a football mad city, and imo it is only money that is preventing them from being a top club again. Before anyone starts throwing the phrases top manager and top players as a reason why they are miles away from being a big club again, just think back to where the chavs and citeeh were when they got new owners, and remember how quickly the money got them to the top of the English game - it also needs to be acknowledged that usmanov is considerably wealthier than abramovich, so consider how his investment will affect the toffees going forward, and especially if they got a simeone in as manager (and I'm sure that he would like his next club to be able to give him the resources he hasn't had at ath madrid).
Ahhhh.... the good old days when the "The Big 5" were The Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton and the scum. (I know! But yep honestly the scum were once considered one of "The Big 5" clubs. :shock: )

Allgunsblazin

Post by Allgunsblazin »

DB10GOONER wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 2:15 pm
augie wrote:
Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:04 am
greengooner wrote:
xisstential wrote:
g88ner wrote:

Ahhhh.... the good old days when the "The Big 5" were The Arsenal, Liverpool, Man Utd, Everton and the scum. (I know! But yep honestly the scum were once considered one of "The Big 5" clubs. :shock: )
Totally forgot about that.... :roll: 8)

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

with investment there is no reason why Everton couldn't become the top club in Liverpool.
arguably until Shankly arrived Everton were the top club in the city anyway - they even hosted matches in the 1966 World Cup, not Liverpool.