Arsenal Shares

As we're unlikely to see terraces again at football, this is the virtual equivalent where you can chat to your hearts content about all football matters and, obviously, Arsenal in particular. This forum encourages all Gooners to visit and contribute so please keep it respectful, clean and topical.
shu

Arsenal Shares

Post by shu »

In a nutshell turns out my Great Grandad (who lived at Yerbury Road , Holloway) had a number of Arsenal shares and a company have tracked us down (Grafton) and informed us . Don't know many other details yet but hey a good start to a Saturday , thank fuck they werent Tottenham. The old boy died maybe 60 years ago and moved to North London in 1910. I think they originally lived on the road near The Auld Triangle Pub and watched the ground being built at about that time.

sk-gtfo

Re: Arsenal Shares

Post by sk-gtfo »

You lucky sod - I think they were last trading around £20k EACH. Don't sell them to Kroenke please!!.

:twisted:

Jumpers For Goalposts

Post by Jumpers For Goalposts »

Nice story mate and good luck to you.

I wonder what your Great Grandad would make of Modern Arsenal ????

herbert

Post by herbert »

The best half a crown your great grandad ever spent :barscarf:
Great story and it must put your family close to being the longest holding shareholders in AFC history 8)

shu

Post by shu »

PMSL to be honest with you there are two families getting some each but i don't know much more although i suspect my old mum does . Poor old Dad is fucked and on a different planet but they will go to him.

I just think it is a good story. All these years i trotted out the line that i supported The Arsenal because my Grandad came from there and it was my great grandad too . I am 50 and have supported AFC since 1970.

I have a silver reg and refuse to use it again until Wenger leaves !

What would he make of it ? God knows , we never thought 25 years ago that footy would be like this.
Longest share holder , well i might see if we can extend that as such !

Henry Norris 1913

Post by Henry Norris 1913 »

tell the old man to sell them to usmanov, it would be national news i'd imagine seeing as they haven't traded for a couple of months :lol: :barscarf:

StuartL
Location: It’s a new dawn, a new day a new life, for me and I’m feeling good

Post by StuartL »

shu wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:43 pm
In a nutshell turns out my Great Grandad (who lived at Yerbury Road , Holloway) had a number of Arsenal shares and a company have tracked us down (Grafton) and informed us . Don't know many other details yet but hey a good start to a Saturday , thank fuck they werent Tottenham. The old boy died maybe 60 years ago and moved to North London in 1910. I think they originally lived on the road near The Auld Triangle Pub and watched the ground being built at about that time.
A nice little bonus shu - the takeover plan is in motion eh ?

shu

Post by shu »

It is , we will rise as one an overthrow them all :D

Wouldn't it be nice if there had been enough to make a difference and to meet Kroenke and to tell him and his american sons that they are a bunch of *word censored* and 'come on then' . Should really grow up ! :barscarf:

supergeorgegraham

Post by supergeorgegraham »

Do you know how many shares your great grandad owned. Great post and yeah I agree do not sell them to Kroenke.
Last edited by supergeorgegraham on Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DB10GOONER

Post by DB10GOONER »

Shu, maybe as a kind of protest, you should just give those shares to me. That would teach Arsene and Wiggy Racoon Head a lesson. 8)

:D :wink:

Gunner Rob

Post by Gunner Rob »

will you be going to the AGM next year ? :D